Rams trade for Sammy Watkins

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Smellyman":1850cmbl said:
Thread Killer":1850cmbl said:
Chapow":1850cmbl said:
You must have misunderstood. They didn't get a #1 WR, they got Sammy Watkins. :)

Also, they gave up a starting CB and a 2nd round pick, maybe you don't consider that much, but I think most would consider it fairly significant.

Not even a little bit worried. He'll probably give them about what Kenny Britt gave them last season (68 rec. 1000 yds. 5 TDs) if he stays healthy. How'd that work out for the Rams last year?

Actually Gaines was/is an injury prone backup CB for the Rams. Johnson and Webster are the starting CBs.

And if Watkins gives the Rams what Britt did last year, then the Rams might be on to something with Cooper Kupp in the slot and far better offensive minds than the inexperienced offensive staff Jeff Fisher put together.

15 starts as a rookie and 10 starts before injury last year says otherwise.

Well officially, due to circumstances in his favor, I guess you are correct.

It's just that I remember that those rookie starts opposite Janoris Jenkins came due to the injury woes of Trumaine Johnson that year. And last year's starts came due to Jenkins high price free agent replacement, Coty Sensabaugh, failing to transition to the defense (opened season as starter, but later released.

And this year he was running as the 4th or 5th CB again waiting for his next opportunity of which to take advantage. Though it may not have been as easy this year being a far better zone CB with Wade Phillips calling for a lot of man to man looks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3pjf61a6 said:
SchadyHawk":3pjf61a6 said:
For a team that traded such a hefty price for Goff I consider it a head scratcher to trade away a 2nd round pick for potentially a one year player with a history of injuries. They can't have that many picks left for the next few years!

Oh, sorry. Just saw you only have 15 posts so have no clue. Still will wait to hear how many picks my team lost in the next few years for Goff.

Have at it.

I'm sure you're right as you would know your own team more than any Seahawk fan would care to know, but equating a low post count to someone not having a clue is pure garbage. I can't think of a weaker correlation to someone's intelligence.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seanhawk":6p6a0zyz said:
RedAlice":6p6a0zyz said:
SchadyHawk":6p6a0zyz said:
For a team that traded such a hefty price for Goff I consider it a head scratcher to trade away a 2nd round pick for potentially a one year player with a history of injuries. They can't have that many picks left for the next few years!

Oh, sorry. Just saw you only have 15 posts so have no clue. Still will wait to hear how many picks my team lost in the next few years for Goff.

Have at it.

I'm sure you're right as you would know your own team more than any Seahawk fan would care to know, but equating a low post count to someone not having a clue is pure garbage. I can't think of a weaker correlation to someone's intelligence.

A rams fan with near 3000 posts on a Seahawk site probably speaks more to intelligence.

KPA

Reaction score
Sammy "Stained Glass" Watkins... he's beautiful to look at, but fragile as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

getnasty

Reaction score
Watkins should be motivated in a contract year, he's always seemed like a player that has a ton of talent but no heart. I bet the Rams get a good year out of him, the problem is that will equate to a 6 and 10 record and then they'll have to she'll out a ton of money to a injury prone player that lacks motivation.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seanhawk":105dlrgw said:
RedAlice":105dlrgw said:
SchadyHawk":105dlrgw said:

Have at it.

Ok then, smart boy: you answer my question from the low post count poster who said Rams have no draft pics for years.

How many do we have? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

NONE FOR YEARS according to the poster you are defending. I know the facts, have at me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ujmbkni said:
Seanhawk":1ujmbkni said:
RedAlice":1ujmbkni said:
SchadyHawk":1ujmbkni said:

Have at it.

A rams fan with near 3000 posts on a Seahawk site probably speaks more to intelligence.

:179417: :179417: :179417:

RedAlice

Reaction score
getnasty":acrnl9gv said:
Watkins should be motivated in a contract year, he's always seemed like a player that has a ton of talent but no heart. I bet the Rams get a good year out of him, the problem is that will equate to a 6 and 10 record and then they'll have to she'll out a ton of money to a injury prone player that lacks motivation.

Bills fans have found the Rams forums.

They LOVE him.

The only downside I can see is health. Now that said, if he can't play on the hurt foot, Rams have a problem. Seems that isn't' so though.

Let's just table this and see how the games go, Sammy gonna get some TD's v Hawks?

getnasty

Reaction score
RedAlice":3cxpwdng said:
getnasty":3cxpwdng said:

Bills fans have found the Rams forums.

They LOVE him.

The only downside I can see is health. Now that said, if he can't play on the hurt foot, Rams have a problem. Seems that isn't' so though.

Let's just table this and see how the games go, Sammy gonna get some TD's v Hawks?

Like I said because it's his contract year I expect big things out of him, once he gets paid though that's another story. Just because fans love the guy doesn't mean his worth the price tag.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3r6oljqg said:
Seanhawk":3r6oljqg said:
RedAlice":3r6oljqg said:
SchadyHawk":3r6oljqg said:

Have at it.

Ok then, smart boy: you answer my question from the low post count poster who said Rams have no draft pics for years.

NONE FOR YEARS according to the poster you are defending. I know the facts, have at me.

How am I defending that poster? I even said you were probably right.

To answer your question, I don't give a rip. Truthfully, I don't know why I'm even acknowledging you because I am obviously so much better than you because of my higher post count. See how stupid that sounds?

BigMeach

Reaction score
RedAlice":20cxm53y said:
Seanhawk":20cxm53y said:
RedAlice":20cxm53y said:
SchadyHawk":20cxm53y said:

Have at it.

Who said none for years? All the guy said was hypotheticaly "they can't have that many picks left for the next few years" obviously a statement of generality and not researched. But you can't see that and instead lose it, get mad, start making up statements about "waaah he said we have no more draft picks" and then attack the guy, which he had said nothing to you or about you. Attack him for commenting about the team that you seem to think you're an actual part of. Delusional.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I love the trade.

We lose a 2nd rounder, but Watkins is the same age as Cooper Kupp - so if we can re-sign him, this will be a steal. He's still very young.

Just 7 months of McVay and we have the best OL and skill position group that we've had in 10 years or so. Amazing.

Side note: I love how talking heads (and some fans on this site) now think EJ Gaines is a decent player. He's not starting material IMO - if he's a starter in your secondary, your secondary is in trouble.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BigMeach":p1zdm7co said:
RedAlice":p1zdm7co said:
Seanhawk":p1zdm7co said:
RedAlice":p1zdm7co said:

Have at it.

Who said none for years? All the guy said was hypotheticaly "they can't have that many picks left for the next few years" obviously a statement of generality and not researched. But you can't see that and instead lose it, get mad, start making up statements about "waaah he said we have no more draft picks" and then attack the guy, which he had said nothing to you or about you. Attack him for commenting about the team that you seem to think you're an actual part of. Delusional.

My use of the NONE FOR YEARS was a joke. I obviously know the facts.

Ok, let me quote:

hey can't have that many picks left for the next few years!

BETTER?

How many draft picks do the Rams have going forward? According to this fan, can't have many picks left for the next few years. hahahahahaha

BETTER?

RedAlice

Reaction score
According to Seahawk fans being supported in this thread:

Rams have given up picks for years to get Goff.

It's nice when the unknowledgeable post.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BigMeach":3cug65pf said:
RedAlice":3cug65pf said:
Seanhawk":3cug65pf said:
RedAlice":3cug65pf said:

Have at it.

I commented on the facts. I DID respond to the post and the facts.

And I see you are another low post count poster. I guess the emotional posters are in the gate now and no rational discourse will be had here.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Rams are all done paying the (hefty) price they gave up for Goff, aside from the price of having to watch that dummy play for a few years before they cut him. All the picks they gave up were 2016 and 2017.

As for Watkins, good when healthy...never healthy...and in the final year of his contract. Could be a good trade if he can stay healthy and re-signs with them, however they still dont hve a QB worth a damn so it doesnt matter.

BigMeach

Reaction score
RedAlice":3joj9p9v said:
BigMeach":3joj9p9v said:
RedAlice":3joj9p9v said:
Seanhawk":3joj9p9v said:

And I see you are another low post count poster. I guess the emotional posters are in the gate now and no rational discourse will be had here.

No rational discourse... Oh the irony. I was spot on with the delusional comment wasn't I?

RedAlice

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":33afulpk said:
The Rams are all done paying the (hefty) price they gave up for Goff, aside from the price of having to watch that dummy play for a few years before they cut him. All the picks they gave up were 2016 and 2017.

As for Watkins, good when healthy...never healthy...and in the final year of his contract. Could be a good trade if he can stay healthy and re-signs with them, however they still dont hve a QB worth a damn so it doesnt matter.

This is correct. Rams have zero outstanding draft issues re: Goff. And they sure as candy puff are not out draft picks for years.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
BigMeach":1vrxt3hh said:
RedAlice":1vrxt3hh said:
BigMeach":1vrxt3hh said:
RedAlice":1vrxt3hh said:

No rational discourse... Oh the irony. I was spot on with the delusional comment wasn't I?

I gave plenty of rational discourse. I am correct.

Rams have not lost picks for years on Goff. And again, my point on you remains. I see no "rational discourse" in anything you have spoken at all.

So, I guess yes: delusional is a word that applies here. To you.