Rams trade for Sammy Watkins

BigMeach

Reaction score
RedAlice":377tnh34 said:
BigMeach":377tnh34 said:
RedAlice":377tnh34 said:
BigMeach":377tnh34 said:
Who said none for years? All the guy said was hypotheticaly "they can't have that many picks left for the next few years" obviously a statement of generality and not researched. But you can't see that and instead lose it, get mad, start making up statements about "waaah he said we have no more draft picks" and then attack the guy, which he had said nothing to you or about you. Attack him for commenting about the team that you seem to think you're an actual part of. Delusional.

I commented on the facts. I DID respond to the post and the facts.

And I see you are another low post count poster. I guess the emotional posters are in the gate now and no rational discourse will be had here.

No rational discourse... Oh the irony. I was spot on with the delusional comment wasn't I?

I gave plenty of rational discourse. I am correct.

Rams have not lost picks for years on Goff. And again, my point on you remains. I see no "rational discourse" in anything you have spoken at all.

So, I guess yes: delusional is a word that applies here. To you.

Declaring yourself the winner of an argument that never existed is the definition of delusional. I bet you do this a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Some here have not found the Shack and don't know how to have a discussion about other teams without turning it into a pissing contest , I know it's a step below what we have had in the past, sorry I am no longer able to redirect things.

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":1yw1fdkf said:
Some here have not found the Shack and don't know how to have a discussion about other teams without turning it into a pissing contest , I know it's a step below what we have had in the past, sorry I am no longer able to redirect things.

So are a lot of people!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not a Rams fan but I really like this trade for them.

Three reasons why:

1) Watkins is an amazing talent who's still 24 and has just struggled with injuries. The risk on him staying healthy is, in my opinion, lower than the risk of a 2nd round pick not panning out. You gotta remember that when actually on the field Watkins has been an animal, and has done so in a run first offense with mediocre QB play (I like Tyrod a lot more than most, but he's like Alex Smith with wheels).

2) They only have him for one year, but they can franchise tag him if they want, and if they let him walk they'll likely be able to pick up a 3rd round comp pick. Worst case scenario is that they traded a second round pick next year for a year of trying out Watkins and a 3rd round pick the year after next.

3) The Rams WRs have been a mess for forever, and I've never believed Robert Woods will change that. Having Watkins will also (1) open up space for Gurley (and oh boy he needs it) and maybe even more importantly (2) dramatically speed up the evaluation of Goff. Goff was horrendous last year, but he was horrendous in an entire offense that was horrendous. With Watkins and the other things they've been doing to shore up the offense (coach, o-line, gerald everett) they've really sped up their evaluation window with Goff.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BigMeach":s93jmfv1 said:
RedAlice":s93jmfv1 said:
BigMeach":s93jmfv1 said:
RedAlice":s93jmfv1 said:
I commented on the facts. I DID respond to the post and the facts.

And I see you are another low post count poster. I guess the emotional posters are in the gate now and no rational discourse will be had here.

No rational discourse... Oh the irony. I was spot on with the delusional comment wasn't I?

I gave plenty of rational discourse. I am correct.

Rams have not lost picks for years on Goff. And again, my point on you remains. I see no "rational discourse" in anything you have spoken at all.

So, I guess yes: delusional is a word that applies here. To you.

Declaring yourself the winner of an argument that never existed is the definition of delusional. I bet you do this a lot.

and you are a GREAT example of why this once wonderful, lively, lovely board now sucks. Congratulate yourself: you deserve it.

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1w2uvbwe said:
Not a Rams fan but I really like this trade for them.

Three reasons why:

1) Watkins is an amazing talent who's still 24 and has just struggled with injuries. The risk on him staying healthy is, in my opinion, lower than the risk of a 2nd round pick not panning out. You gotta remember that when actually on the field Watkins has been an animal, and has done so in a run first offense with mediocre QB play (I like Tyrod a lot more than most, but he's like Alex Smith with wheels).

2) They only have him for one year, but they can franchise tag him if they want, and if they let him walk they'll likely be able to pick up a 3rd round comp pick. Worst case scenario is that they traded a second round pick next year for a year of trying out Watkins and a 3rd round pick the year after next.

3) The Rams WRs have been a mess for forever, and I've never believed Robert Woods will change that. Having Watkins will also (1) open up space for Gurley (and oh boy he needs it) and maybe even more importantly (2) dramatically speed up the evaluation of Goff. Goff was horrendous last year, but he was horrendous in an entire offense that was horrendous. With Watkins and the other things they've been doing to shore up the offense (coach, o-line, gerald everett) they've really sped up their evaluation window with Goff.

Popeye!! Ha, funny that a Niner fan and a Rams fan are going to agree here on the Hawk's board - but we met here, and that is what this board USED TO BE ABOUT.

Your #1. YES! Rams kinda suck on draft pics, and I keep saying this - I'd forever take a chance on what Watkins is or can be over any second round pic the Rams make.

Your #3. Um, Kupp? the unknown factor in all of this. Woods is not the player who will make the change, it's Kupp. Goff sucked last year under Fisher, he is possibly becoming under McVay. But, it's Kupp that will change this group of WRs with Watkins. Member that name boys.....

chris98251

Reaction score
Just an objective opinion.

High post count does not make you intelligent, means you have been around a while or have an opinion on everything.

Low post count does not make you a idiot, could be you have little to say and lurk a lot, or your wise enough to know just posting a lot can make you look like an idiot and your trying to avoid that.

Opposing teams members that frequent here, some of the best conversations have been with them concerning not only our team but perceptions of their own, being able to not see things with rose colored glasses sometimes brings things into perspective and helps re evaluate things.

RedAlice has been a great asset in my opinion as has Popeye and others, the contests she managed and we enjoyed pushed her post count up a lot, you reply and post information and the standings etc, pity we have many of our own members that have not contributed as much as she has ye condemn her for being here.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":125nd4zz said:
Just an objective opinion.

High post count does not make you intelligent, means you have been around a while or have an opinion on everything.

Low post count does not make you a idiot, could be you have little to say and lurk a lot, or your wise enough to know just posting a lot can make you look like an idiot and your trying to avoid that.

Opposing teams members that frequent here, some of the best conversations have been with them concerning not only our team but perceptions of their own, being able to not see things with rose colored glasses sometimes brings things into perspective and helps re evaluate things.

RedAlice has been a great asset in my opinion as has Popeye and others, the contests she managed and we enjoyed pushed her post count up a lot, you reply and post information and the standings etc, pity we have many of our own members that have not contributed as much as she has ye condemn her for being here.

I will take a step back.

Ringless game is one of the most fun ever. I will be sad if it doesn't continue,,,,,but I will also not put up with new Hawk fans being whatever. I think what's become an issue is me calling out a Hawk fan for point blank lying about the Goff trade.

btw, post count has zero to do with date joined or character of posting. Obviously.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ts3dwpe said:
But, it's Kupp that will change this group of WRs with Watkins. Member that name boys.....

Ah. That's right. Forgot the Rams drafted Kupp. Nice compliment to Watkins too.

Really hope the Rams are decent this year, as if they are they'll be fun to watch.

Chapow

Reaction score
RedAlice":15311waa said:
But, it's Kupp that will change this group of WRs with Watkins. Member that name boys.....

"Member that name" huh? Like you're telling us something we don't already know? I think most football fans in the PNW are well aware of Cooper Kupp. After all, he's from here and had a pretty prolific college career here. Many of us really, really wanted the Seahawks to draft him. I seriously doubt many Rams fans had any idea at all who he was before he was drafted.

That being said, while I wish him all the best and hope he has a long successful career, he unfortunately went to the Rams. All the Rams do is fail. All the Rams do is ruin the careers of very promising young prospects. I'm sure the Rams will ruin Kupp just like they've ruined every other promising young offensive player they've drafted in the last, hell, I don't even know anymore because it feels like forever.

It's really a damn shame. Cooper deserves better.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Chapow":3ee9tymo said:
RedAlice":3ee9tymo said:

"Member that name" huh? Like you're telling us something we don't already know? I think most football fans in the PNW are well aware of Cooper Kupp. After all, he's from here and had a pretty prolific college career here. Many of us really, really wanted the Seahawks to draft him. I seriously doubt many Rams fans had any idea at all who he was before he was drafted.

That being said, while I wish him all the best and hope he has a long successful career, he unfortunately went to the Rams. All the Rams do is fail. All the Rams do is ruin the careers of very promising young prospects. I'm sure the Rams will ruin Kupp just like they've ruined every other promising young offensive player they've drafted in the last, hell, I don't even know anymore because it feels like forever.

LIKE I SAID: MEMBER THAT NAME BOYS.

You obviously have NO CLUE what is going on right now. Take your own advice and pay attention.

And if you do not know what I mean, then once again: PAY ATTENTION.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Chapow":3eikg5se said:
RedAlice":3eikg5se said:

Sorry. I just have to requote this post, once was not enough.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

PAY ATTENTION.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":cutiksfm said:
RedAlice":cutiksfm said:

Ah. That's right. Forgot the Rams drafted Kupp. Nice compliment to Watkins too.

Really hope the Rams are decent this year, as if they are they'll be fun to watch.

Yep! That happened.

And it seems some Hawk fans forget that things have changed. Kupp will rock the NFL. No matter how much Hawk fans pout about the past seasons Rams right now.

Chapow

Reaction score
RedAlice":1dbxb5pm said:
Chapow":1dbxb5pm said:
RedAlice":1dbxb5pm said:

LIKE I SAID: MEMBER THAT NAME BOYS.

You obviously have NO CLUE what is going on right now. Take your own advice and pay attention.

And if you do not know what I mean, then once again: PAY ATTENTION.

What an absolutely bizarre response to my post.

Again, we are already well aware of who Cooper Kupp is. We don't need to make a point to remember that name.

Also, at no point did I say anything about paying attention.

I can only assume you either quoted the wrong post or are just responding with nonsensical gibberish because you can't actually refute anything I said (A.K.A. The Chewbacca Defense).

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Chapow":2pgg74ho said:
RedAlice":2pgg74ho said:

There are a lot of hardcore Rams fans that not only knew who Kupp was, but wanted us to draft him.

Your post probably should have ended after "he unfortunately went to the Rams" - everything after that sounds childish.

Also, you contradicted yourself - on one hand you're questioning why someone would tell you to remember his name (meaning he will be good) - you question that, which implies you agree that he will be good. Then shortly after that you go into a tizzy about how the Rams ruin offensive players. Which really means she was right to tell you to remember his name.