Rams will be tough to beat next Sunday

Gio

Reaction score
It's a must win game. it's not going to be easy. in the playoffs are only the toughest teams , no easy schedule or easy game. Let's see are we ready for playoffs ? it's not only a must win because of the 1st place and division rival , but also to boost their confidence.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":sovlq60s said:
I think it is utter nonsense (no offense OP) to buy into this notion that because the Rams got embarrassed and lost to the Jets that suddenly it's going to be that much harder on the Seahawks. Please. This game is going to be hard because it's the Rams, it's a divisional game, and it's basically for the division. The Rams are no better or worse coming into this game because they lost to the Jets, I promise you that. Goff is still gonna be Goff, their D is gonna still be their D and give us fits.

If we win this game next Sunday (news flash, I believe we will), it's because the Seahawks will be prepared for them. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly feel this Jets loss has nothing to do with next Sunday. At. All.

Aros, I want to believe this, and honestly I probably do, but a few thoughts.

I felt the Jets were a dangerous team at this point in the season, case and point Rams/Jets. Given our loss to the Giants I think we played better against, OK, outstanding, against the Jets, but which Jets team did we beat? The one that was 0-12 or the one that beat the Rams yesterday? I think we played them harder due to our loss against the Giants.

In the NFL it seems players are always looking for that one little (or big) thing to motivate them. That might be player comment, a news story, a chip on their shoulder from something in the past?

This article talks about McVay's success against the Hawks. I'm not sure why they have our number many times, but the road to the super bowl will likely having us needing to beat them once on Sunday and then again in the playoffs.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/16/2 ... ald-gurley

The other big aspect of this game is home field advantage in the playoffs, but given the pandemic, how much is home field advantage worth this year? Without the pandemic, a Seattle home field advantage is HUGE.

Thanks for your thoughts Aros, you may be right. Also, thank you for bringing us .NET and all you have done over the years on this board for us. Love your passion for the Hawks. I can't remember when Seahawks.net first started, but I was on board pretty early, much earlier than my join date here says. Is Temple Billiards still going and do you guys still meet there?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sorry not sorry. Rams are ok. They do the same thing they have been doing for 3 years under mcvay
Outside/inside zone runs, sweeps, motions and crossing routes. Please tell me the Seahawks will pull a rabbit out there ass and keep performing defensively. Plus cover the tes.

The rams d is pretty good, but were exposed yesterday.

I think we got this still. I'm going to say 27-17. Us on top.

sutz

Reaction score
In a small way, I agree that the Jets loss could affect the Lambs attitude this week, but it's a small part of what we need to contend with. What's needed is to tear apart the game film and figure out what the Jets did to stifle them and try to replicate that this week. Meanwhile, they'll be doing the same thing in the opposite vein to prevent our doing that.

I see in the other thread we open as 1.5 point faves. Which means the betting experts think it's a virtual tossup. Without our home crowd the only advantage we get is the extra day of practice we get for not having to travel. Looks like we'll get a couple more healthy bodies on the field on both sides of the ball.

We're on a bit of a roll here, with 2 consecutive wins under our belts. Any loss drives the Lambs back to the drawing board, and losing to a winless team will cause them to evaluate their mental preparation to the game.

No excuses for either team. Suit up, tee it up and may the better team come out on top. I think the Hawks are the better team.

:0190l: :179417: :179422:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the HAWKS will be tough to beat. Sorry if I don't crumble in fear over a team that just lost to the 0-13 Jets.
Both team are solid, but the Rams fear is hilarious. Hawks have unfinished business here. And the chance to lock up the division on Sunday. Love it, so fired up for this game.

xray

Reaction score
The Rams will be playing angry and want the division as well . Tough close game for sure . I worry about injuries in games like this . Speaking of injuries the Hawks have to play SF @ State Farm Stadium in AZ the last reg season game.
That Stadium has not been kind to the Hawks injury-wise over the years for some reason .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This game is gonna' be epic, could go either way. So much up for grabs. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Rams are going down.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Great match up, bottom line is who wants it more, turnovers, and four quarters of making plays.

Hawks 28-24

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":f34crs3o said:
In a small way, I agree that the Jets loss could affect the Lambs attitude this week, but it's a small part of what we need to contend with. What's needed is to tear apart the game film and figure out what the Jets did to stifle them and try to replicate that this week. Meanwhile, they'll be doing the same thing in the opposite vein to prevent our doing that.

I see in the other thread we open as 1.5 point faves. Which means the betting experts think it's a virtual tossup. Without our home crowd the only advantage we get is the extra day of practice we get for not having to travel. Looks like we'll get a couple more healthy bodies on the field on both sides of the ball.

We're on a bit of a roll here, with 2 consecutive wins under our belts. Any loss drives the Lambs back to the drawing board, and losing to a winless team will cause them to evaluate their mental preparation to the game.

No excuses for either team. Suit up, tee it up and may the better team come out on top. I think the Hawks are the better team.

:0190l: :179417: :179422:

As always, great analysis Sutz, always like to hear your thoughts.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If Russ plays like he has the last couple months we have no chance.

thegameq

Reaction score
We all know the Rams will be tough. The real question is why do they do so well against the seahawks? How do the Seahawks stop the Rams offense? I know I'm not the only one tired of seeing their TE running wide open against us.

Xs and Os version anyone?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Gio":10ku8fbc said:
It's a must win game. it's not going to be easy. in the playoffs are only the toughest teams , no easy schedule or easy game. Let's see are we ready for playoffs ? it's not only a must win because of the 1st place and division rival , but also to boost their confidence.

I want to win for all the reasons you stated, but disagree its a must win.

Not sure I wouldnt rather have the 5th seed, even though I know thats loser talk and winning the division is what winners do.

Ultimately we want to win to have a shot at the 1, and the division banner.....but From a practicality standpoint, losing to the Rams COULD be a benefit, weird as it is to say.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Since our SB loss, around mid-December, we have had several moments where we had 1 or 2 games to sew up the division lead. A few times, we had THE game like this one - where the winner took all.

In every instance since that SB loss, we failed that test. In one instance, we lost to a hapless Cardinals team which kicked us down to a wildcard berth.

This year we have been very fortunate. And we have the opportunity to play the other team competing with us for the division in another winner take all.

We have gotten lucky recently, having played QBs that were later benched, 2nd string or worse, or whatever you want to call Haskins. But regardless of the opinion on Goff, he is a starter. The problems with Norton are legion and while masked recently because of the quality of QBs we have faced, we will need to overcome it.

However, there is no sugarcoating the deep drop in effectiveness we have experienced with Wilson. Part is how we are using him, but there is no disputing that his accuracy dropped massively.

Even so, if there was ever a year we were given every chance - this would be it.

So Carroll has to take advantage of it. The Rams own him. Even our wins against them have been flukes many times, but Carroll is a good enough coach that he could beat the Rams if he would stop being so stubborn.

As someone said earlier, this is one of the measuring sticks on whether this will count as a successful season or not.

Another will be winning a divisional playoff game, which will be another tall order but possible if Wilson can come out of his slump.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The Rams have always been a tough date for us, regardless who was their coach. Not sure why that is, but it is. This one will be no different. Yesterday result put them in desperation mode. I expect them to play that way. Question is, will we be able to take advantage of their desperation?

John63

Reaction score
We will know how tough quick like last game

What kind of offense do they employ

If Wilson runs early, we have quick passing, changing when we snap and move the pocket and of course run then we win. IF we go back to snapping with 5 or less most of the time, and no quick passing we loose

On defense

if we are and stay aggressive we win, if not we loose

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McVay owns Pete.

But this is one of the best times for the Hawks to jump back up and grab the division. Three healthy RB's is the key, because that's the key to beating the Rams, punch them in the mouth with a downhill run game.

Also the healthiest our defense has been pretty much all year, so hopefully that means we don't see Goff looking like Joe Montana like we normally do shredding our simple zone schemes.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31jsgy0r said:
McVay owns Pete.

But this is one of the best times for the Hawks to jump back up and grab the division. Three healthy RB's is the key, because that's the key to beating the Rams, punch them in the mouth with a downhill run game.

Also the healthiest our defense has been pretty much all year, so hopefully that means we don't see Goff looking like Joe Montana like we normally do shredding our simple zone schemes.

I think the Hawks are going to shred them on the ground ....Goff is going to be on his back all day long...

The one thing I know is the Hawks will be prepared for this game... I know that for a fact..

It will be a war and when the dust settles the Hawks will have victory...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3 Healthy backs, Defense playing a lot more disciplined (yes, I know how they looked in the 4th), and the revenge factor will be the difference. IF they come in here and beat the Hawks, I have zero issues giving them their due, and they will have earned it. And don't forget Russ, even if people are acting like Russ is some average QB. Pressure Goff and he will fold like a tent, period. I'll take #3 in a big game every day of the week. I'm really hoping people pick against us and/or act like the Hawks are gonna' get popped.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MO Hawk":19z408xi said:
Thanks for your thoughts Aros, you may be right. Also, thank you for bringing us .NET and all you have done over the years on this board for us. Love your passion for the Hawks. I can't remember when Seahawks.net first started, but I was on board pretty early, much earlier than my join date here says. Is Temple Billiards still going and do you guys still meet there?

Thanks man! I started the site back in 1998 (it was then called Seahawks98.com. Then it was Seahawks99.com and from 2000 on it's been Seahawks.NET). The large .NET gatherings at Temple Billiards kind of flamed out after 2010 or so but you can still find a group of us .NET reprobates any given game day at Temple getting lubed up for the game.

Hopefully we can be back at Temple next Fall when this virus is behind us. Come join us!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rams will be tough. Having lost to the Jets, they will be a PO'd team coming in. Seahawks usually play up to their competition so Rams being a playoff team bodes well there. Chris Carson ran for 118 yards on 27 carries last time against Rams in Seattle (2019). Hopefully, heavy dose of CHP (Carson Hyde Penny) does the Rams in on Sunday.

Latest posts