Rams will be tough to beat next Sunday

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":272ghey3 said:
*Seahawks will be tough to beat next Sunday

That's right!!! Carroll is going to have the Hawks eating raw meat!!! I am personally guaranteeing victory for the Hawks and it has NOTHING to do with the Rams loss to the jets... We are going to see surprises from the Hawks O... Lots of key players coming back for this one... Im hoping Gordon has a key role

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Adding Gordon to the mix would be huge. That's a true 3rd down threat. Hoping they come out just like yesterday. Pound the rock and a quick passing game. Best way to counter a great D line.
Shoot, Dave Wyman put it perfectly: WFT's D line was built up as the big bad wolf, now after the Hawks win, they should have smoked an "inferior team"
Meh, Rams are a legit solid team. Regardless what happened yesterday. This game is a pick em in my eyes. But I just have a feeling the Hawks are gonna' come out pissed and ready to roll.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Aros":24hriefi said:
I think it is utter nonsense (no offense OP) to buy into this notion that because the Rams got embarrassed and lost to the Jets that suddenly it's going to be that much harder on the Seahawks. Please. This game is going to be hard because it's the Rams, it's a divisional game, and it's basically for the division. The Rams are no better or worse coming into this game because they lost to the Jets, I promise you that. Goff is still gonna be Goff, their D is gonna still be their D and give us fits.

If we win this game next Sunday (news flash, I believe we will), it's because the Seahawks will be prepared for them. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly feel this Jets loss has nothing to do with next Sunday. At. All.

With respect Aros I think this is inaccurate. Teams who get embarrassed, come out the following week hyper focused. Practice is more intense. It’s hard for NFL teams to keep a playoff intensity level focus week in and week out. The Jets loss is definitely a factor to consider and it’s why certain coaches/players rarely lose 2-3 games in a row.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Rams definitely respond after losses.

Cardinals and Seahawks have felt that response the last two years:

Were up 34-0 in Arizona last year coming off the humiliating beat down against the Ravens

Beat Arizona to finish the season last year after losing to the Niners

Beat Seattle and Arizona this year after our previously two worst losses, neither game was really competitive despite the wins being by 7 and 10 points.

I'm not sure if it's because we're the youngest team in the NFC, but this is the third game we lost where we should have crushed the other team - and the Rams always seem to respond well. Both teams will be motivated - the two keys will be can Seattle run the ball? Can Seattle bother Goff? He's had five good games against them in a row.

If Seattle doesn't run, I think they'll struggle to protect Wilson. But I think they will run and my trust for Goff has vanished, so I'm not seeing a win here for the Rams.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2ql8ntnw said:
Aros":2ql8ntnw said:
I think it is utter nonsense (no offense OP) to buy into this notion that because the Rams got embarrassed and lost to the Jets that suddenly it's going to be that much harder on the Seahawks. Please. This game is going to be hard because it's the Rams, it's a divisional game, and it's basically for the division. The Rams are no better or worse coming into this game because they lost to the Jets, I promise you that. Goff is still gonna be Goff, their D is gonna still be their D and give us fits.

If we win this game next Sunday (news flash, I believe we will), it's because the Seahawks will be prepared for them. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly feel this Jets loss has nothing to do with next Sunday. At. All.

With respect Aros I think this is inaccurate. Teams who get embarrassed, come out the following week hyper focused. Practice is more intense. It’s hard for NFL teams to keep a playoff intensity level focus week in and week out. The Jets loss is definitely a factor to consider and it’s why certain coaches/players rarely lose 2-3 games in a row.

I agree with this. Players are human and there's not a soul in the world outside of the Jets facility who thought they could win yesterday. Unfortunately that includes the Rams, particularly the defense.

Speaking of motivation:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 170sea.htm

Seattle was one game back and had beaten us. Both teams had lost the previous week. We were angry that an inferior Seattle team beat us in LA. That game was 100% motivation.

What does that mean for this week? Not sure, but I definitely think it plays a role.

notyou

Reaction score
John63":2686fjf7 said:
We will know how tough quick like last game

What kind of offense do they employ

If Wilson runs early, we have quick passing, changing when we snap and move the pocket and of course run then we win. IF we go back to snapping with 5 or less most of the time, and no quick passing we loose

On defense

if we are and stay aggressive we win, if not we loose
But if those things happen, will we lose? Being loose usually isn't bad.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Scorpion05":4ax14bxg said:

True, I shouldn't suggest the Rams won't have more intensity and focus due to being embarrassed, after all I said that about the Seahawks after that loss to the Giants and look what happened against the Jets. It's only fair to offer the same paradigm to the Rams, or any team coming off a really bad loss.

My point is that the Seahawks are going to be ready for the Rams this Sunday whether they were coming off a win or a loss. It may be more of a challenge to make sure we match their intensity and focus but I feel we are definitely ready.

This game is for the division championship. Our boys are gonna be ready. Heavy dose of Carson, Hyde, Penny and sprinkle in some play action over the top big plays from Russ...

11-4, 2020 NFC West Champions.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Defense needs to be disciplined and play assignments. They are a shifty team on offense and they are doing well on defense. Offense Defense and Special Teams need to play well. This is the time to peak to make every game championship game. We must challenge all sides of the field and not worry about shut down corners.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":39xugeru said:
Scorpion05":39xugeru said:

True, I shouldn't suggest the Rams won't have more intensity and focus due to being embarrassed, after all I said that about the Seahawks after that loss to the Giants and look what happened against the Jets. It's only fair to offer the same paradigm to the Rams, or any team coming off a really bad loss.

My point is that the Seahawks are going to be ready for the Rams this Sunday whether they were coming off a win or a loss. It may be more of a challenge to make sure we match their intensity and focus but I feel we are definitely ready.

This game is for the division championship. Our boys are gonna be ready. Heavy dose of Carson, Hyde, Penny and sprinkle in some play action over the top big plays from Russ...

11-4, 2020 NFC West Champions.
That kind of intensity (due to recent loss) can be difficult to maintain for a full game. It usually wears off after the first quarter or so. Weather that and we'll be fine.

morgulon1

Reaction score
MO Hawk":11bkibg7 said:
Aros":11bkibg7 said:

Aros, I want to believe this, and honestly I probably do, but a few thoughts.

I felt the Jets were a dangerous team at this point in the season, case and point Rams/Jets. Given our loss to the Giants I think we played better against, OK, outstanding, against the Jets, but which Jets team did we beat? The one that was 0-12 or the one that beat the Rams yesterday? I think we played them harder due to our loss against the Giants.

In the NFL it seems players are always looking for that one little (or big) thing to motivate them. That might be player comment, a news story, a chip on their shoulder from something in the past?

This article talks about McVay's success against the Hawks. I'm not sure why they have our number many times, but the road to the super bowl will likely having us needing to beat them once on Sunday and then again in the playoffs.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/16/2 ... ald-gurley

The other big aspect of this game is home field advantage in the playoffs, but given the pandemic, how much is home field advantage worth this year? Without the pandemic, a Seattle home field advantage is HUGE.

Thanks for your thoughts Aros, you may be right. Also, thank you for bringing us .NET and all you have done over the years on this board for us. Love your passion for the Hawks. I can't remember when Seahawks.net first started, but I was on board pretty early, much earlier than my join date here says. Is Temple Billiards still going and do you guys still meet there?

The Giants actually have a decent defense ( at times). I dont know what to say about the NY Jets

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":33dtmjx2 said:

You should watch The Last Dance on Netflix...Jordan used slights against him to have many of his greatest games ever, and he says it was effective motivation for himself. If you don't think embarrassment is a motivating factor to plenty of professional athletes, IDK what to tell you.

RedAlice

Reaction score
LTH":2x141kjh said:
Sgt. Largent":2x141kjh said:
McVay owns Pete.

But this is one of the best times for the Hawks to jump back up and grab the division. Three healthy RB's is the key, because that's the key to beating the Rams, punch them in the mouth with a downhill run game.

Also the healthiest our defense has been pretty much all year, so hopefully that means we don't see Goff looking like Joe Montana like we normally do shredding our simple zone schemes.

I think the Hawks are going to shred them on the ground ....Goff is going to be on his back all day long...

The one thing I know is the Hawks will be prepared for this game... I know that for a fact..

It will be a war and when the dust settles the Hawks will have victory...

LTH
Is that a guarantee?

LTH

Reaction score
RedAlice":wbhj3zgm said:
LTH":wbhj3zgm said:
Sgt. Largent":wbhj3zgm said:
McVay owns Pete.

But this is one of the best times for the Hawks to jump back up and grab the division. Three healthy RB's is the key, because that's the key to beating the Rams, punch them in the mouth with a downhill run game.

Also the healthiest our defense has been pretty much all year, so hopefully that means we don't see Goff looking like Joe Montana like we normally do shredding our simple zone schemes.

I think the Hawks are going to shred them on the ground ....Goff is going to be on his back all day long...

The one thing I know is the Hawks will be prepared for this game... I know that for a fact..

It will be a war and when the dust settles the Hawks will have victory...

LTH
Is that a guarantee?

Yeah it is... I believe that your right about the Rams being angry about the loss to the Jets and that Carroll will use that to motivate the Hawks among other ways of using that emotion against the Rams...

I think the hawks are healthy finally...the Hawks run game is the best it's been in YEARS...even though the stats don't say that... it is...

Carroll has the philosophy that he keeps his team focused in neutrality to where there are no over the top highs and there are no over the top lows... Carroll will use the fact that the Rams have beat the Hawks 5-6 and this Team will be mentally prepared to take on the Rams on every front

Edit: I'm not saying it won't be a tough game I think its going to be the hardest hitting wild shoot out of the year

just my take

LTH