Rapoport: Carroll gets contract extension

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I remember calling Carroll a "chest-thumping baboon" after Josh Wilson was released. How wrong I was.

He's an epic, Super Bowl-winning, dynasty-building chest-thumping baboon.

Carry on.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2anj7ur1 said:
I remember calling Carroll a "chest-thumping baboon" after Josh Wilson was released. How wrong I was.

Carry on.

I remember that being the most epically overdone meltdown that I can remember in ten years here. You'd think Josh Wilson was megatron - the way some people were talking.

Sac

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":28zklsk8 said:
MontanaHawk05":28zklsk8 said:

Carry on.

I remember that being the most epically overdone meltdown that I can remember in ten years here. You'd think Josh Wilson was megatron - the way some people were talking.

Turns out he was just one of the few shiny spots on the turd.

A

Anonymous

TDOTSEAHAWK":1jmscscu said:
MontanaHawk05":1jmscscu said:

Carry on.

Isn't it weird to look back and think about how happy we were with the just-above-mediocre players?

Ahhh, the memories.

OrFan

Reaction score
[youtube]pRg40B9d0Sc[/youtube]

I'm so glad this organization has changed the way it has. Here's to many more years with John and Pete doing their magic!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":w4u9lax6 said:
So, is it too early to start speculating on who will be coaching the 'hawks in 2017 after Pete retires?

IDK, but can you imagine how much heat they will be getting if they do not win that 5th Lombardi?

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1arrvyof said:
Why is Pete's salary not being released?

Becuase it is none of our business and has no impact onhe financial operations of the team.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
McGruff":36csb4xp said:
hawknation2014":36csb4xp said:
Why is Pete's salary not being released?

Becuase it is none of our business and has no impact onhe financial operations of the team.

Eventually it will be disclosed . . . so why the wait?

RiverDog

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2sx7f1lu said:
Maybe I am greedy but I wanted more years than this. I am starting to wonder if Schneider is going to leave for Green Bay after the 2016 season.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cartire

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":21nchfz2 said:
SeatownJay":21nchfz2 said:
So, is it too early to start speculating on who will be coaching the 'hawks in 2017 after Pete retires?

IDK, but can you imagine how much heat they will be getting if they do not win that 5th Lombardi?

Jeff Chadiha will be able to say he was right.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Best part of this is the cringing, gut wrenching, ass puckering and all around annoyance it's giving Harbaugh. His owner won't give him a new contract yet and that must frost his nuts.

Beautiful job Mr. Allen!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3p0mcl9x said:
Best part of this is the cringing, gut wrenching, ass puckering and all around annoyance it's giving Harbaugh. His owner won't give him a new contract yet and that must frost his nuts.

Beautiful job Mr. Allen!
Oh yeah!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, the Giants gave Tom Coughlin an extension after SB XLVI. Bill Belichick's contract was originally set to expire after the '13 season but reports last year stated that was no longer the case so, while nothing was officially announced, he most likely got an extension as well. The Ravens gave John Harbaugh an extension after SB XLVII, and the Broncos & Seahawks both gave extensions to their coaches after SB XLVIII. Poor Jim Harbaugh, he's the one coach that's reached the Super Bowl the last three years that hasn't been given an extension yet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ap39h67 said:
So, the Giants gave Tom Coughlin an extension after SB XLVI. Bill Belichick's contract was originally set to expire after the '13 season but reports last year stated that was no longer the case so, while nothing was officially announced, he most likely got an extension as well. The Ravens gave John Harbaugh an extension after SB XLVII, and the Broncos & Seahawks both gave extensions to their coaches after SB XLVIII. Poor Jim Harbaugh, he's the one coach that's reached the Super Bowl the last three years that hasn't been given an extension yet.
Anything that chaps his hide is good to me. Why should he get extended? He didn't win a Superbowl all he did was take a team built by others to the Superbowl.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":36nopn37 said:
Anything that chaps his hide is good to me. Why should he get extended? He didn't win a Superbowl all he did was take a team built by others to the Superbowl.

I can't stand the guy, but denying he's a great coach simply because he lost by 3 in the Super Bowl is crazy. He deserves an extension.

That said, I do enjoy the karma of Pete Carroll getting the SB ring and big payday before Harbs :mrgreen:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39j0mat2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":39j0mat2 said:

I can't stand the guy, but denying he's a great coach simply because he lost by 3 in the Super Bowl is crazy. He deserves an extension.

That said, I do enjoy the karma of Pete Carroll getting the SB ring and big payday before Harbs :mrgreen:
I know but it's fun to needle him. :mrgreen: