Rapoport: Carroll gets contract extension

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3jwjff4a said:
What is the contract status of JS?

A year ago, while no one was watching, the Seahawks “quietly” extended general manager John Schneider’s contract through the 2016 season, according to a report from ESPN.

“The deal has been done for more than a year, without fanfare,” ESPN’s Mike Sando wrote Friday on his NFC West blog.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013 ... -contract/

chris98251

Reaction score
This is great news, fact that it was done without fanfare or someone pubicly asking for it and making demands. This is the mark of a franchise that has forsight and does things the right way. Petes mantra about always compete and reward flows all the way up. Pete got his extension, but he got a lot more then that, he got recognition for how he does things and that it works and can succeed to the highest level.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3ee54la9 said:
Hawks well announce extensions for ET, Sherman and Carroll at the same time.

Man.....that would be awesome! Would be really nice.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sherm announced tomorrow too with those two, and I'll die from too much happiness.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Super Bowl winning HC, GM and QB fixed for a few years forward! #Dynasty

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm delighted with the news. Pete can coach my team for as long as he wants. But I'm wondering how much longer is he going to want to coach? He's currently 62, which makes him the second oldest active head coach behind Tom Coughlin and in the top 10 all time ( Marv Levy and George Halas coached until they were 72). It's obviously a very high stress position, and with coaches like John Fox and Gary Kubiak having some well publicized medical issues during the season last year, it kinda makes you wonder if some of that gets into Pete's head from time to time. Pete looks to be extremely healthy for a man his age, but on the other hand, the guy is wound up like a guitar string.

So does he go 3 more years? 5? 10? Does he keep up his current demeanor or does he mellow out some?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I sincerely hope Allen likes to mess with SF and signs Pete to a ridiculous contract like 5/60m. Let's see what SF does with Harbaugh then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that he's the highest paid. Just knowing how mad that would make Hairball is worth it.

theascension

Reaction score
Screw 5 years I want Carroll for at least 7 more. After that hopefully he can recommend or hand pick a successor. 7 years 65M. Just to piss harwhine off.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Lots of love on NFL AM on NFLN this morning. Discussion on whether PC is best coach in NFL right now. Concensus he is. Talked about his talent evaluation, putting best talent on field regardless of draft position, and developing players/schemes that win. Also, noted that he is building a coaching tree like the best coaches do.

Latest posts