RB Bryce Brown signed, BJ. Daniels released

massari

Reaction score
He fumbles the ball every 28.8 attempts. Scary.

djb28

Reaction score
If I was BJ Daniels, I would stick a finger in the air and move on.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
djb28":2opb1kdh said:
If I was BJ Daniels, I would stick a finger in the air and move on.

If you were BJ Daniels, the Seahawks called you in 2 weeks to re-sign, you'd be back pronto.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
massari":10hqta1u said:
I thought he'd be a good pick up when Lynch was injured, but then saw the amount of fumbles on his stat line.

If he fumbled here.....Pete would "roast him alive"! :roll:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
King Dog":n4nfp9ns said:
So we basically traded Christine Michael and signed his brother lol
Except CM hasn't put up any numbers as close to BB and fumbles more per carry.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
How much sway did Fred Jackson have in this deal I wonder. Senior vet would have been consulted I would have thought.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pete is one confident mofo. signing a garbage time running back to save wear and tear on Lynch is ballsy.

Take the over.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/659826057650941952[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/659829315626889216[/tweet]

massari

Reaction score
Looking at the free agent RB list, why wouldn't they rather sign Kendall Hunter or Pierre Thomas?

Brown's fumbles scare me.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
massari":2giiu54r said:
Looking at the free agent RB list, why wouldn't they rather sign Kendall Hunter or Pierre Thomas?

I'm guessing they feel he is worth a punt and the fumble issues are fixable. I see a low floor high ceiling type player that if it all clicks could be a very useful addition. If not get rid no harm no foul.

massari

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":utbyim9j said:
massari":utbyim9j said:

I'm guessing they feel he is worth a punt and the fumble issues are fixable. I see a low floor high ceiling type player that if it all clicks could be a very useful addition. If not get rid no harm no foul.

Can his fumble issues really be fixed at this point though? It seems if it were fixable it would've been done already. He averages a fumble every 28.8 carries over his career so far. Don't understand how they can trust him to run the ball with that stat.

I'm guessing Hunter still has to be injured if he hasn't signed anywhere yet. What about Pierre Thomas?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
massari":ov5hny9v said:
UK_Seahawk":ov5hny9v said:
massari":ov5hny9v said:

Can his fumble issues really be fixed at this point though? It seems if it were fixable it would've been done already.

I'm guessing they are going to kick the tyres and see.

massari

Reaction score
From Rotoworld updates:

Bills RB Bryce Brown "just can't seem to shake the fumble problem" in training camp.
Brown has been carrying the football like a loaf of bread throughout his career. In a goal-line drill at Friday's practice, Brown was stuffed five times in six snaps, and fumbled on the other one. Beat reporters have noticed two Brown fumbles in team drills. Brown is not expected to make the Bills' 53-man roster.
Source: WKBW.com Aug 7 2015

Bryce Brown had yet another fumble in Saturday night's Bills scrimmage.
It's Brown's third-seen fumble by reporters in a full-team setting. He finished the night with three carries for 26 yards and a lost fumble, a classic Bryce Brown stat line. "Brown has to find a way to hold onto the football or we can't trust him, said coach Rex Ryan following the scrimmage. "It's as simple as that." The Bills traded a fourth-round pick for Brown last spring.
Source: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter Aug 8 2015

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I dont know what to tell you. Clearly PC and JS think the problem is fixable or his running ability outweighs his propensity to fumble.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't know, but as wide as he is, I'm thinking his pass pro must be pretty decent. Maybe a goal line guy if Marshawn isn't available

ivotuk

Reaction score
massari":2xboh66a said:
UK_Seahawk":2xboh66a said:
massari":2xboh66a said:

Can his fumble issues really be fixed at this point though? It seems if it were fixable it would've been done already. He averages a fumble every 28.8 carries over his career so far. Don't understand how they can trust him to run the ball with that stat.

I'm guessing Hunter still has to be injured if he hasn't signed anywhere yet. What about Pierre Thomas?

Tiki Barber used to fumble with the Giants, Tom Coughlin taught him how to hold the ball high and tight and fixed his "fumbleitis." Tiki's a pretty smart guy though, and changing the way he has done something for his entire football career was probably not that easy. I don't know enough about Bryce Brown to predict whether or not he is capable of changing a long time habit.

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":cd6wdvvb said:

Is the fumble rate of a RB signed as insurance for our 3rd running back for one game really something to get scared about?
Rawls practiced on a limited basis yesterday.

It's not like he was signed to be the starter.