RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

NoChops

Reaction score
Ironhead went over 300 in the offseason and put up a grand for a year or two from the FB position. I wouldn't worry about 267 today, drop twenty and he is playing lighter than The Bus, Earl, and The Nigerian Nightmare. Question is, can he stay healthy at 250 vs. 230ish....

rcaido

Reaction score
Of course we sign Lacy on Pi Day....

All joking aside, i think if he's hungry enough, he can beat out Rawls for the starting spot! I've always wanted him to be the successor to Lynch. Beast Mode 2.0!

I feel a bit better today after we missed out on Lang. Also we got Thorpe! We need one more good signing & then to an awesome draft!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jville":yktmd64l said:
I recall a big man by the name of James Carpenter who succeeded in correcting weight and conditioning issues prior to his final season in Seattle. He was so solid with his individualized program that he went on to land an impressive second multi-year contract.

For us fans, what Eddie Lacy does with this year remains to be seen. But, I do believe that Lacy has come to exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Well said. Lacy's "struggles" are probably overstated, as well. He entered last season in excellent condition and was on pace for his 3rd 1,100+ rushing season in four years before breaking his ankle. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and an insane 3.4 yards after contact, breaking a robust 19 tackles on the 71 carries before the injury. In three of his four seasons, Lacy has been highly effective at breaking tackles and generating yards after contact. 2015 was a disaster, as weight gain led to injuries, which led to more monstrous weight gain.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":265juetd said:
Sgt. Largent":265juetd said:
Pandion Haliaetus":265juetd said:
I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

All players say this...........................AFTER they sign with childhood team for more money.

Don't kid yourself, Lang signed with Detroit because they not only upped Seattle's offer, but they gave him more guaranteed money.

Pete claimed in his interview today on 950 that "we were not outbid for Lang".

Pete is talking semantics then. If Lang thought the deal was better (even if less money) in Detroit (obviously he did), Seattle got outbid. We didn't offer him enough money. T.J. Lang: 'I was 99 percent sure' I'd sign with the Seahawks until the Lions counteroffered

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":23goxsuj said:
Seymour":23goxsuj said:
Sgt. Largent":23goxsuj said:
Pandion Haliaetus":23goxsuj said:
I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

All players say this...........................AFTER they sign with childhood team for more money.

Don't kid yourself, Lang signed with Detroit because they not only upped Seattle's offer, but they gave him more guaranteed money.

Pete claimed in his interview today on 950 that "we were not outbid for Lang".

Pete is talking semantics then. If Lang thought the deal was better (even if less money) in Detroit (obviously he did), Seattle got outbid. We didn't offer him enough money. T.J. Lang: 'I was 99 percent sure' I'd sign with the Seahawks until the Lions counteroffered

He is talking money. Listen to the interview I posted in the Pete interview thread.
There is a difference between being outbid, and better circumstances. In the interview Pete draws the distinction to the better circumstances with him just buying the new house there and being his home.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
267 lbs!!!! WTF! Does the guy even workout in the off season?? So sounds like we have signed a disgusting fat body as Gunnery Sgt Full Metal Jacket guy would say...So really there is decision to be made..Try to get him to lose weight or keep packing the double whoppers in him until he gets up to 300 lbs so that Cable can work his conversion magic?? Now I see the logic...Kidding aside Lacey imo is a project. He might pan out if he shows up in shape, and really he only has a few months to do it. He couldn't do it in GB even after being told he would be out of a job if he didn't start losing some fat. I am sceptical he will do anything to change here especially with 3 mill guaranteed if he just keeps eating. In the NFC Chmapionship I thought Lacey might steam roll us after the first series, then the second series he was already gassed and mostly a non factor the rest of the way. I guess the potential is there but not sure about his drive. He may just take his 3 million, hit a few drive thru's and be released in training camp to never be seen or heard from again T Rich style. Hopefully it works out but not holding my breath...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marshawn Lunch

and

Beast a la Mode

were the best two I saw today.

Good very low risk signing for the Hawks though. They didn't have money to really play in the way over heated OL FA market beyond Joekel and a one year commitment if you have the cap room really isn't anything.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of rationalization from GB fans as their team from last season loses player after player.

Feastmode/Beastmode who cares, Lacey is a load to tackle and it often takes se real guys to do that. Hopefully his ankle will be better for TC and he shows up a lean mean and svelt 240.

After he runs through a few tackles everyone panning this signing will like what they see, especially if he can achieve a 5+ yd/carry stat.

Repeating an observation, the team has 9 RBs under contract at present. The FO is serious about fixing the run game. A FB soon? Perhaps a blocking TE before long? Then some other RT RG candidates?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Football fans, including Seahawk fans, shouldn't throw stones about perceptions of other fans' ex-team players.

It's REALLY, REALLY hollow.

You never had x level of expectations for the investment to get said player. You're not on their board where false notions run rampant just because the herd comes to a consensus. You also don't really have the same general idea of the state of their team like they do, etc.

Just leave it at "it is what it is." He's got a shot to be the #1 back on this team with potential to be the best we've had game in and game out since Lynch....or not....and he's gone.

Still need to draft Perine

Optimus25

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":bbhl8tlm said:
If he looks like this at the beginng of the season

Eddie+Lacy+New+York+Jets+v+Green+Bay+Packers+9vj2t5VFRp9l.jpg

As opposed to this

Fat eddie lacy

Could be a valuable addition. Losing 25+ lbs between now and preseason is easily doable if he is motivated.

Good God man.

I don't live near Seattle. Those who do, post round the clock patrols of all waffle houses and krispy kremes. Keep this man away!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Crap.... He's pushing 300 lbs! What the heck? Is he supposed to be Cable's next left tackle project? Is it too late to get Jamarcus Russell or Jerod Lorenzen for the other tackle spot? Sheesh.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1jpqr2vq said:
267 lbs!!!! WTF! Does the guy even workout in the off season??

He's recovering from a jacked ankle. Getting healed is more important than anything else. It's actually ideal to put on some weight while healing, as going the other weight is detrimental to strength development.

His weight is almost completely a function of what he shoves in his face. Exercise moves things on the margins; it's not the primary mover for bodyweight. And if he's going to stuff his face like a madman I hope he's at least getting some good squat programming in there so he ends up with better strength to come with that weight.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2caaq2fu said:
If he looks like this at the beginng of the season

Eddie+Lacy+New+York+Jets+v+Green+Bay+Packers+9vj2t5VFRp9l.jpg

As opposed to this

Fat eddie lacy

Could be a valuable addition. Losing 25+ lbs between now and preseason is easily doable if he is motivated.

Well then draft:

R66490 400x600 2 3

irocdave

Reaction score
I didn't like the deal at first, especially after failing at signing a legit O line FA. But... Lacey if in shape , is a proven commodity at the RB position. The Hawks do not have that on the roster right now. He also has a deserved reputation as a big back who consistently breaks tackles at the LOS and gets positive yards, even at 900 pounds. If the O line doesn't make a huge leap forward, this is the guy PC wants so the offense at least doesn't loose yardage on running plays. We all saw what Lacey can withstand when Kam hit him at full speed a couple of years ago, name another back that could have spun off that and gained more yards.

I wish the Hakws were in a position to move up and grab Leonard Fournette in the draft to be the replacement for ML, but that isn't going to happen. Lacey on a one year prove it deal, I'm OK with that. He isn't ML, and never will be, doesn't have the breakaway speed, but he can be a reliable above average pounder back that this offense under PC demands. As of yesterday, they didn't have that guy on the roster.

Now they need to draft O line like it's going out of style to finish the commitment to running the ball.

jake206

Reaction score
Good god we signed Feastmode...this guy can't put down the chopsticks...267lbs. He will eat his way out of the league if this keeps up. Lucky if he can stay healthy. On a personal level I hope he can get a hold of his eating disorder and get his life turned around.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/163026715965272065[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/88376330105794561[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/161163856440332289[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/196734687958401024[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/337972921693790208[/tweet]

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
a 1 year minimal, incentive, clause based deal on a 26 year old, absolutely...if kid actually realizes he can make a grip turning it around, great...if not can be cut for minimal cost

Josea16

Reaction score
Given the available choices in FA at running back Lacy is the by far the best fit for what we want to do and with the reality of what our OL is. Not even counting that under no circumstances should we be drafting OL unless 2-3 guys in the entire draft drop to us by some miracle.

Atradees

Reaction score
This makes some sense to me. I like big backs. AP made no sense to me...bad character. We are gonna need a guy battling for yards after contact. Maybe we won't draft anymore rbs this year. Some of those games Lacy was in...big slow back with Beast like power.

Latest posts