Really? O Line and Wilson per Bevell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3lobxw7g said:
But as I respectfully stated, we are certainly each entitled to our own thoughts.
We certainly are entitled to our own thoughts & opinions, but we both have to adhere to the same facts.
Those holes?, yeah, those be the holes where Defenders have been coming through untouched, and FAR too regularly.
I don't care WHO you'd have playing Quarterback behind this leaky O-line, without a bruiser Back, they'd be damned hard pressed to do as well as Russell Wilson has, and since he's become the Seahawks Franchise QB, he's had a pretty extraordinary track record that backs up what I've been saying.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
scutterhawk":28vc8gpt said:
Hawkpower":28vc8gpt said:
But as I respectfully stated, we are certainly each entitled to our own thoughts.
We certainly are entitled to our own thoughts & opinions, but we both have to adhere to the same facts.
Those holes?, yeah, those be the holes where Defenders have been coming through untouched, and FAR too regularly.
I don't care WHO you'd have playing Quarterback behind this leaky O-line, without a bruiser Back, they'd be damned hard pressed to do as well as Russell Wilson has, and since he's become the Seahawks Franchise QB, he's had a pretty extraordinary track record that backs up what I've been saying.

Disagree.

Plenty of other QB's face this and counter it by throwing the ball quickly.

Russ counters it by running around wildly in the pocket.

Instead of relying on athleticism to get him out of trouble, he needs to learn how to climb the pocket and get the ball out of his hand.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rcaido":3najq58q said:
I always thought Wilson was the best QB for this team & i wouldn't trade him for any QB. After barely losing our last SB, it seems the fans have gone to what have you done for me lately or maybe its just this site. We are the greatest winners but the worse losers.

I'll see you guys in the Wilson bandwagon when the Seahawks win the division going 12-4.

Oh I forgot, how dare we critique the chosen one on Seahawks.net

:roll:

No one is saying he sucks and to trade him. You're the ultimate homer if you think he doesn't play a role in the protection issues when he runs himself into sacks for no reason. The GIF I posted is the most recent version of this, he's done it repeatedly throughout his career.. and all Bevell is saying (granted he phrased it poorly) is that Russ needs to start trusting his pocket/protection a bit better.

You can argue that he's getting happy feet, and justifiably so.. but no elite QB runs himself into that sack.. the Rodgers, Brady's, Brees' etc.. they all climb the pocket and throw a rope to a Tyler Lockett that has his man beat by 8 yards for the winning TD.

That's -all- we are saying. If Russell wants to be one of the elite QB's in this league.. he absolutely has to improve his game in this regard.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1s29l8b5 said:
scutterhawk":1s29l8b5 said:
Hawkpower":1s29l8b5 said:

Disagree.

Plenty of other QB's face this and counter it by throwing the ball quickly.

Russ counters it by running around wildly in the pocket.

Instead of relying on athleticism to get him out of trouble, he needs to learn how to climb the pocket and get the ball out of his hand.
There are plenty of those other Quarterbacks that don't have Pete Carroll harping about "protecting the ball" + some of those "Plenty of other Quarterbacks" wind up throwing a lot of picks too.
"The Pocket", that's where you're showing an ignorant stance on this issue.
You've heard some posters harping about "Climb The Pocket", "Climb The Pocket", Climb The Pocket", and it's a phrase that's being overused by a bunch of parrots.
The whole POINT is, that "Pocket" that he's suppose to "Climb", has been crumbling in UNDER 2 seconds, and on a pretty regular basis THIS SEASON.
YOU along with HASSELBECK, are putting the blame on RW for his shitty break downs in PROTECTION, and NEITHER are giving him CREDIT for his part in taking MULTIPLE broken plays, and turning them into fantastic plays, and even some game winners.
Sometimes it would be nice to have a "Pocket" for him to STEP UP into, and I believe that he would too.....if it didn't disintegrate so quick, and so often eh?

quneur

Reaction score
Haven't read the entire thread but I'll inject my opinion - God save us all.

Plays on first and second is predicated on big plays. Third is predicated on making a first down. On first and second, passing, its big plays or nothing. Those short yardage gains plays are all runs. I see every WR running out 10+ yards or more. Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, etc. all have short quick routes which Wilson lacks. I see the majority of Wilson holding on to the ball too long is because of it; no quick timing routes, no defense backing off because of it.

So, Bevell saying Wilson not trusting his line enough (and holding on to the ball too long) then he should be calling more timing plays which seem to be missing from Seattle's play book.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Does beast need to trust them too? The run blocking hurt us as bad or worse than the pass pro today. What did Beverly say about taking Graham out in the red zone, playing Lockette instead of Miss match Mathews in the red zone and running passing routes short of the first down marker on third and long?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
quneur":236wfumn said:
Haven't read the entire thread but I'll inject my opinion - God save us all.

Plays on first and second is predicated on big plays. Third is predicated on making a first down. On first and second, passing, its big plays or nothing. Those short yardage gains plays are all runs. I see every WR running out 10+ yards or more. Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, etc. all have short quick routes which Wilson lacks. I see the majority of Wilson holding on to the ball too long is because of it; no quick timing routes, no defense backing off because of it.

So, Bevell saying Wilson not trusting his line enough (and holding on to the ball too long) then he should be calling more timing plays which seem to be missing from Seattle's play book.
Nice post. Hopefully some one on our staff will read it.