Remember Zach Miller?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Losing Zach Miller last year was probably our biggest loss of the whole season. He was that important to the Offense. The team still got the #1 seed and made the Super Bowl, but Miller's absence was felt. The Offense just never looked the same after he went down and hasn't looked the same since.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2vs63izx said:
twisted_steel2":2vs63izx said:
Our offense was so much better with him. He could block like a lineman and catch like a receiver, hell of a player.

Can't really compare them because the team is not the same.

I can't? You can't?

The team isn't the same? Wha? He was on the roster 8 months ago.... not 8 years ago. The team isn't that different. :34853_doh:

HawkFan72":2vs63izx said:
Losing Zach Miller last year was probably our biggest loss of the whole season. He was that important to the Offense. The team still got the #1 seed and made the Super Bowl, but Miller's absence was felt. The Offense just never looked the same after he went down and hasn't looked the same since.

Agree, hard guy to replace.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2phcjyis said:
ImTheScientist":2phcjyis said:
twisted_steel2":2phcjyis said:
Our offense was so much better with him. He could block like a lineman and catch like a receiver, hell of a player.

I can't? You can't?

The team isn't the same? Wha? He was on the roster 8 months ago.... not 8 years ago. The team isn't that different. :34853_doh:

HawkFan72":2phcjyis said:

Agree, hard guy to replace.

He played 3 games last year. It's been more than 8 months. So no..... You really can't compare the two.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Aros":16hok9g1 said:
andyh64000":16hok9g1 said:
Bitter":16hok9g1 said:
andyh64000":16hok9g1 said:
Had that same thought when he made the game winning one handed catch for the Bears last night. We should have re-signed him and never traded away Unger.

Different Zach Miller.

Oh...my bad.

Tricked me too at first. Didn't know there was another Zack Miller TE in the NFL. I miss that dude.

So did Madden Football as two years in a row they used the wrong photo in game for Zach. He even called them out on twitter for it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Interesting how we (me at least) have to have NO Zach Miller to truly appreciate and understand all he brought to the team.
Plus having the other major blocking TE (Anthony McCoy, IIRC) keep getting injured.

Watching Gilliam and Bailey get torched by DE's in pass pro, it's easy to see where Zach Miller made that difference.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Pats were interested in looking at him during FA but he failed their physical... and IIRC that's the "reason" we cut him initially (though I think he was probably on the way out anyway)

Sucks, because Zach was definitely a warrior.. very underrated component of this offense

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":tz8fhhvo said:
The Pats were interested in looking at him during FA but he failed their physical... and IIRC that's the "reason" we cut him initially (though I think he was probably on the way out anyway)

Sucks, because Zach was definitely a warrior.. very underrated component of this offense

Interesting, hadn't heard that he visited the Pats.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2jfuqymo said:
Anyone remember John Carlson? I hated losing him.

I remember is TDs in the beastquake game. That's about it.

Twelver

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":q39853sm said:
twisted_steel2":q39853sm said:

That's how the team comes to be not same, people leave.

Latest posts