Report: Geno told he will be retained in 2024

Jville

Reaction score
Probably not as exhausting as hoping for an echo chamber where everyone expects a championship year in and out.

Your condescension aside, offseason is the time to improve and shape the roster. The very nature of wanting to improve the team implies that areas aren't good enough.

Why are you so negative about Schneiders draft picks that he wouldn't improve the team? Conversely why are you so negative about the guys currently on the roster?

Any opinion given has someone who disagrees, or it wouldn't be worth discussing,particularly this time of year.

But keep hoping for high fives all around like a mindless chimp bro 🙄

All painfully negative.

bigcc

Reaction score
All painfully negative.
And you're repeatedly calling me negative/saying I'm in eternal pursuit of things to be upset about, opposed to just discussing football (pretty sure I understand my intent and what I get from discussion more than you do)

The irony of bitching about my negativity repeatedly, seems entirely lost on you.

Even amongst people I argue with frequently here, I enjoy the discussions and their input.

Usually anyways, then there's idiots trying to get a rise out of me (wink wink buddy) for whatever reason

Mission accomplished I guess

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
What I've learned from the NFL over the years and especially with the Seahawks, anything is possible. Before Russ, I thought Flynn was going to be our QB for at least a few years down the road, but BANG...suddenly....a new dawn and well, the rest is history. My guess, anything can happen all the way up through training camps. I'm not a Geno fan, nor am I a Geno hater. IF the Seahawks decide to roll with Geno come August/September, then I'll enjoy the ride and gripe or cheer like any other fan around. If not Geno, I'll wait in anticipation of the next generational QB whoever that may be. Basically...I'm just going to enjoy the ride and let the chips fall wherever they may. But...if I have learned anything over the course of my life as a Seahawks fan is....I don't know jack, which is my only surety of being a true Seahawks fan.

GemCity

Reaction score
like him or not he represents good value at his price VS performance. I'm not that big a fan but it's stupid to not to think otherwise. Keep him and fix the trenches.
I’m down with this and agree.

GemCity

Reaction score
What I've learned from the NFL over the years and especially with the Seahawks, anything is possible. Before Russ, I thought Flynn was going to be our QB for at least a few years down the road, but BANG...suddenly....a new dawn and well, the rest is history. My guess, anything can happen all the way up through training camps. I'm not a Geno fan, nor am I a Geno hater. IF the Seahawks decide to roll with Geno come August/September, then I'll enjoy the ride and gripe or cheer like any other fan around. If not Geno, I'll wait in anticipation of the next generational QB whoever that may be. Basically...I'm just going to enjoy the ride and let the chips fall wherever they may. But...if I have learned anything over the course of my life as a Seahawks fan is....I don't know jack, which is my only surety of being a true Seahawks fan.
Well said Hawknight.

You don’t know jack!

Just kidding!!!

P.S. I don’t know jack either!🤗

toffee

Reaction score
The statements I linked are a bit more blunt in nature. Trade offer could always come in, sure. They could draft QBOTF as well. But John's pretty clear that they're keeping Geno for this year as things stand.
And that, in my opinion, is the right decision. I can't think of a veteran FA out there that is better at the same price, or as good but younger.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I trust JS, and whatever he thinks is best moving forward, I'm down with, as long as it agrees with my opinions. Lol. Let the good times times roll! Another year of Purgatory and screaming at Geno! Hooray! Go Hawks! OK I'm done. I feel better now. 😌

Seriously though, I do hope they have a plan that doesn't just involve kicking the can down the road. It's really fing tiresome.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I trust JS, and whatever he thinks is best moving forward, I'm down with, as long as it agrees with my opinions. Lol. Let the good times times roll! Another year of Purgatory and screaming at Geno! Hooray! Go Hawks! OK I'm done. I feel better now. 😌

Seriously though, I do hope they have a plan that doesn't just involve kicking the can down the road. It's really fing tiresome.
Yep, if he takes McCarthy I'll be totally down with the choice and root for him to be the next Montana. My opinions are worth exactly what the front office paid for them.

xray

Reaction score
Smiths is the best the Hawks have right now . Even the best QB in the draft wouldn't do much in year one . They need Smith right now . They know he can play .

xray

Reaction score
Besides...what's he worth on the market right now ?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes is also the starter until he's not.

Tom Brady was the starter, then wasn't. So was Johnny Unitas. Of course, he died so he has a better excuse.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yep, if he takes McCarthy I'll be totally down with the choice and root for him to be the next Montana. My opinions are worth exactly what the front office paid for them.
Exactly

xray

Reaction score
For a billion $$ the Hawks can bribe Cousins maybe. ;)

WarHawks

Reaction score
Smiths is the best the Hawks have right now . Even the best QB in the draft wouldn't do much in year one . They need Smith right now . They know he can play .
Yeah, I just heard someone on nfl live saying that Justin Fields is better than any of the top picks. Hmmm...

xray

Reaction score
WTF...He could blow the doors off this season , who knows for sure ?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I really, really, really hate it doesn't appear we are moving on from Geno this year. I also am really excited, because Geno will probably put some monster numbers and be exciting to watch. 🤣. I'm super pumped to watch this offense this year. So conflicted. 🙂

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
With a new OC that has zero NFL experience and Geno learning a whole new offense....

I would venture to say that Geno will have a down year this season.

If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself.

This time next year, there will be zero interest in Geno.

They should have traded him this year and maybe got something for him.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
With a new OC that has zero NFL experience and Geno learning a whole new offense....

I would venture to say that Geno will have a down year this season.

If you don't think so, you are fooling yourself.

This time next year, there will be zero interest in Geno.

They should have traded him this year and maybe got something for him.
Probably. Doubt you'll be bored if they have a down year, though.

Latest posts