Report: Jimmy Graham

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Condotta didn't explicitly quote a source. It was mostly his impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy left, but good luck replacing ten touchdowns without a first-round pick or equally big FA signing. You can want him gone to spite Bevell all you like, but it's still ten touchdows. Six more once Paul Richardson leaves.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Also this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/948273631104139264[/tweet]

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah he was never a good fit but this year he became the red zone easy button and that was always what he was supposed to be.

If we use his cap on OL better than Joeckel maybe it will be okay. But I am worried what our red zone O looks like with no Graham if we still can't run the ball.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":3b4t2623 said:
I feel bad for Graham. He was on a HOF trajectory until we stole four years of his prime. I hope he finds a good fit for his special skill set.

Didn't he have double digit TD catches this year?

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
big money to resign him but as others said good look trying to replace him he went through some bad drops etc but always pulled through when needed without jimmy this year would have been horrific

LolaRox

Reaction score
meh... I for one didn't want him back, at least not at his current salary. He never seem to fit this Seahawks team physically or mentally. I hated watching him check out of plays and give piss poor effort.

My opinion of him now is the same as it was when he was a Saint, he is a finesse player, he is not physical and can easily be taken out of a game. His talents/attitude are much more suited for a 'pretty' offense.

With Ted Thompson gone, maybe Green Bay would be interested.

poly1274

Reaction score
How much would it be to put the franchise tag on Jimmy Graham?

poly1274

Reaction score
That's not that bad comparing we paid marshawn 2 year 24mill?

poly1274

Reaction score
I read TE $9.118M Rob Gronkowski ($9.0M) $7.714M Charles Clay ($7.6M

so isn't it like 10mill but they can get paid 8mill? Not sure how it works.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Projected to increase and I was cracking up when Clayton said it would be 10 million, 1 thousand dollars :lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They can part ways with Joeckel and Lacy. There's the money to re-sign Jimmy G right there. They have plenty of money to sign Jimmy G if they desire to do so. I hope they do.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If I was Schneider, I would franchise tag Graham (then try to re-sign him to a long term deal). Then I would let Luke Willson walk or maybe come back on a favorable deal. Vannett can take over Willson's spot. I like Luke but he's pretty redundant and Vannett can do what he does plus is cheaper (due to being on a rookie contract).

I would then pick up a pure blocking TE in the draft or UDFA. One potential guy that fits that is Jeb Blazevich from University of Wisconsin. His strength is "run-blocking" plus has familiarity as a blocking TE in a 2 TE set.

Seymour

Reaction score
RussB":24h7gvjv said:
Gonna be hillarious if 49ers sign him and he shreds the seahawks with jimmy G and shanahan.

That would not be wise of them. We have his kryptonite.

Mice remedies 700x408

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2b6r0hk6 said:
If I was Schneider, I would franchise tag Graham (then try to re-sign him to a long term deal). Then I would let Luke Willson walk or maybe come back on a favorable deal. Vannett can take over Willson's spot. I like Luke but he's pretty redundant and Vannett can do what he does plus is cheaper (due to being on a rookie contract).

I would then pick up a pure blocking TE in the draft or UDFA. One potential guy that fits that is Jeb Blazevich from University of Wisconsin. His strength is "run-blocking" plus has familiarity as a blocking TE in a 2 TE set.

I like how you think. Unfortunately, the Seahawks don't think like this.

Wish they did...

scrummymustard

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":9y8y2um7 said:
Projected to be $10,001,000 in 2018

I've said it on a few different threads, but to tag Graham is $15.48 million.

The tag rule is the HIGHER of
1. the franchise tag amount (will be around $10 mil) OR
2. 120% of the prior years cap hit.

However, he is on the same contract from the saints, it was just merely transferred to the hawks. Therefore, you have to go off what his cap hit would have been if he stayed w/ the saints, so you include his proration of the signing bonus (total $12 million or $3 million a year prorated) received when he signed the deal.

Also, for the franchise tag calculation, the work out bonus gets added out....therefore, his 2016 salary was $9.9 million ($7.9 mil base salary + $2 million roster bonus received in March 2016) + $3 million signing bonus proration = $12.9 million * 120% = $15.48 million to tag.

Basically, his cap hit if he was still on the saints would have been $13 million in 2016 (minus $100k workout bonus to get to the $12.9 million for tag purposes).... so that is how you get to the $15.48 million.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If jimmy leaves, our red zone offense will drop to 20s again. Instead of 13th.

Threedee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1964quae said:

Luke can do what we utilize the TE position for (very little). No point in having an expensive TE that could be better utilized by competent playcallers elsewhere.

Redsand187

Reaction score
scrummymustard":1v1cjxir said:
SoulfishHawk":1v1cjxir said:
Projected to be $10,001,000 in 2018

I've said it on a few different threads, but to tag Graham is $15.48 million.

The tag rule is the HIGHER of
1. the franchise tag amount (will be around $10 mil) OR
2. 120% of the prior years cap hit.

However, he is on the same contract from the saints, it was just merely transferred to the hawks. Therefore, you have to go off what his cap hit would have been if he stayed w/ the saints, so you include his proration of the signing bonus (total $12 million or $3 million a year prorated) received when he signed the deal.

Also, for the franchise tag calculation, the work out bonus gets added out....therefore, his 2016 salary was $9.9 million ($7.9 mil base salary + $2 million roster bonus received in March 2016) + $3 million signing bonus proration = $12.9 million * 120% = $15.48 million to tag.

Basically, his cap hit if he was still on the saints would have been $13 million in 2016 (minus $100k workout bonus to get to the $12.9 million for tag purposes).... so that is how you get to the $15.48 million.

He's already the highest paid TE in the league. I think his production is good, others seem to think that he's the worst player to put on a Seahawks jersey. The question is, who is going to give Jimmy anymore money? He leads the league in TD's at TE, but the rest of his stats are mid pack with #1 TE's. He is also significantly older than the top 5 highest TE's under contract for next year.

I don't think anyone is going to come in and offer him more than what he gets now. He's paid nearly a million more than the next highest paid TE. I could see a 3 or 4 year deal at 25 to 35mm.