Rotoworld on Michael

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":f6s3ogf8 said:
I see a restructure for Lynch next off season of 3 years 12 million or something along those lines

Would love to see Marshawn restructure and become a part time back.

Save him for playoff season and extend his career.

Not sure how eager he would be for that though....

The Outfield

Reaction score
It kind of seems to me that Beast is losing the fire and desire that has made him so great. i.e. his lack of attendance to team-related activities and the rumors that he told the team all year that he'd retire if they won the Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong, but at least we have some talent to fill the gap if need be.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The Outfield":wulh5go1 said:
It kind of seems to me that Beast is losing the fire and desire that has made him so great. i.e. his lack of attendance to team-related activities and the rumors that he told the team all year that he'd retire if they won the Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong, but at least we have some talent to fill the gap if need be.

Lynch did not attend any OTAs last year either. He's well known for his ability to condition himself/rehab himself.

253hawk

Reaction score
Word.

924001_615038781926031_419177653_n.jpg

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Outfield":2p9dl2fg said:

What ? I know it's an opinion, and I'm not attacking poster or opinion here, but what actually do you see to base this off of ?

The only voluntary OTA's I remember Lynch attending were his first. He's missed all of them since. Try and google Lynch's workouts sometime; I remember seeing them last year, but the guy works out harder than anyone I've seen. He has a private trainer working out him and about 4 other NFL guys in Oakland, and Lynch outworks them all.

Last year, it looked like Lynch was wearing down. Towards the end of the year, and in the playoffs it seemed like he was losing steam and fumbling a bit more than usual.

This year, whether it was conditioning or the 1st round bye, Lynch looked strong all the way through. The Saints and 49ers game he tore up both defenses in, and they were highly rated run defenses. This with worse blocking on the OL than last year as well, plus back problems he's been dealing with. The SB was some of the worst run blocking by our OL all year that I'd seen.

Lynch has always been hard to read. If you think he lacks fire, look at the time this year when he flipped the coaches off from the field because they called a pass play inside the 5 yard line. Lynch want the ball, and he wants to punish the defense. He knows his job and excels at it.

As for Michael, no he's not Lynch, but like some have said "who is?" No one in the NFL is quite like Lynch; a bruiser that breaks tackles, sheds tackles, punishes tacklers, makes people straight up miss, and can still break the long ball. He catches well out of the backfield. The closest guy I can think of in the last 10 years to Lynch is Marion Barber. Barber didn't have the elusiveness of Lynch or the hands out of the backfield ,but his runs had the same effect.

I can't wait to see Michael on the field. I love Turbo, but he is what he is at this point and he won't break many tackles. Even so, I'd rather see us ride Lynch until we can't any more, because he's a unique talent and when he goes, it's going to effect us. Especially against the 49ers.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":3r8hsx27 said:
Had he proven to be able to carry the load and not be injured in college(broken leg, ACL etc) he would've been thought of even much more highly. Seahawks took him high and this could be the year to see the dividends.

Our strength and conditioning/rehab people seem to have noticeable 'separation' from what is par for the league. It's something I'm really grateful for, and it gives me confidence when we get players with a history of injury. In Michaels defense, those are not chronic conditions; more like injuries that could and often do happen to many players (type of injury and number of occurrences).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ejk5an1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ejk5an1 said:
All this OTA attention on Micheal just confirms what most of us suspected, that the Hawks have no intention of keeping Lynch past 2014.

Even if he has an AMAZING year, I can't see us fitting another 2-3 year deal with a huge signing bonus for 10M a year to keep Lynch. Nor do I see Lynch and his agent agreeing to half as much money to stay.

Lynch will get most of the carries, but this staff has no choice, they HAVE to see what Michael can do before Lynch leaves.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think it would be far, far easier to keep Lynch than you think. The RB market is horrible right now. Nobody is paying top dollar for RBs. IE, he won't have huge offers from other teams. Its just life as a RB in the NFL right now.

There had never been a first round of the draft without a RB selected.

Now we've had 2 in a row.

If Lynch has another good year why on earth would he accept less money to come back? Good year = many teams willing to give him another 2-3 year deal for 10M+.

I just don't think it'll be here. Michael gives us the luxury of NOT having to pay Lynch anymore and focus on other areas of need with cap room.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2r4po4vm said:
Marvin49":2r4po4vm said:
Sgt. Largent":2r4po4vm said:
All this OTA attention on Micheal just confirms what most of us suspected, that the Hawks have no intention of keeping Lynch past 2014.

Even if he has an AMAZING year, I can't see us fitting another 2-3 year deal with a huge signing bonus for 10M a year to keep Lynch. Nor do I see Lynch and his agent agreeing to half as much money to stay.

Lynch will get most of the carries, but this staff has no choice, they HAVE to see what Michael can do before Lynch leaves.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think it would be far, far easier to keep Lynch than you think. The RB market is horrible right now. Nobody is paying top dollar for RBs. IE, he won't have huge offers from other teams. Its just life as a RB in the NFL right now.

There had never been a first round of the draft without a RB selected.

Now we've had 2 in a row.

If Lynch has another good year why on earth would he accept less money to come back? Good year = many teams willing to give him another 2-3 year deal for 10M+.

I just don't think it'll be here. Michael gives us the luxury of NOT having to pay Lynch anymore and focus on other areas of need with cap room.

My bad...

...I thought you were saying 10 mil PER SEASON.

No way he gets that much. GREAT player, but the position has just been devalued.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":2jt9vog0 said:
My bad...

No way he gets that much. GREAT player, but the position has just been devalued.

That's what I am saying. He's making 7M this season, and there's a team option for 9M in 2015.

Just don't see us picking up that option, nor do I see Lynch and his agent not wanting a new next off season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1u14vj1u said:
Lynch did not attend any OTAs last year either. He's well known for his ability to condition himself/rehab himself.

Next week is the mandatory "Mini Camp". We should be expecting Marshawn to make an appearance.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
to all of u guys that are talking about or worried about next season (14-15) ... relax

just enjoy the moment having 2 of the top 5 running backs in the league this season :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mbbqsrf said:
Marvin49":1mbbqsrf said:
My bad...

That's what I am saying. He's making 7M this season, and there's a team option for 9M in 2015.

Just don't see us picking up that option, nor do I see Lynch and his agent not wanting a new next off season.

I don't see ANYONE paying him that much money. Not even close.

Just so I'm clear, that is NOT a commentary on his play. That's a commentary on the market for RBs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Greenhell":3l7kvjll said:
253hawk":3l7kvjll said:

Damn. AP makes Michael look like a HS player.

Yeah...he kinda does that to every RB. LOL.

My fiend and I have been saying for awhile that once every few generations a RB comes along that simply has EVERYTHING....size, speed, talent, work ethic....everything.

To me, those guys are....

Jim Brown
Bo Jackson
Adrian Peterson

It's like they are the same guy cloned over and over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear Cable on Mitch this morning?

He kinda shed some light on what's been going with Michael when Mitch asked him what he thought of his skills. Cable said all the RB's are obviously fantastic runners, but it's about learning their system and not just play "sandlot football."

This tells me that Michael is still having some trouble with doing what he's suppose to do within the schemes and assignments of Cable's running system.