Rotoworld on Michael

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree. I think Peterson might be the most gifted running back ever but it's not fair to compare Michael with his 18 career carries or whatever it is.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34mfobnn said:
Did anyone else hear Cable on Mitch this morning?

He kinda shed some light on what's been going with Michael when Mitch asked him what he thought of his skills. Cable said all the RB's are obviously fantastic runners, but it's about learning their system and not just play "sandlot football."

This tells me that Michael is still having some trouble with doing what he's suppose to do within the schemes and assignments of Cable's running system.

Guess he still has some work to do.

Christian Michael ..... "... he had a nice spring football .... but Robert Turbin has had a big time spring football ... "

Tom Cable >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-mitch-in-the-morning-ondemand-mitchinthemorning/tom-cable-seahawks-offensive-line-and-24892627/[/urltargetblank]

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawks46":277fczon said:
The Outfield":277fczon said:
It kind of seems to me that Beast is losing the fire and desire that has made him so great. i.e. his lack of attendance to team-related activities and the rumors that he told the team all year that he'd retire if they won the Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong, but at least we have some talent to fill the gap if need be.

What ? I know it's an opinion, and I'm not attacking poster or opinion here, but what actually do you see to base this off of ?

The only voluntary OTA's I remember Lynch attending were his first. He's missed all of them since. Try and google Lynch's workouts sometime; I remember seeing them last year, but the guy works out harder than anyone I've seen. He has a private trainer working out him and about 4 other NFL guys in Oakland, and Lynch outworks them all.

Last year, it looked like Lynch was wearing down. Towards the end of the year, and in the playoffs it seemed like he was losing steam and fumbling a bit more than usual.

This year, whether it was conditioning or the 1st round bye, Lynch looked strong all the way through. The Saints and 49ers game he tore up both defenses in, and they were highly rated run defenses. This with worse blocking on the OL than last year as well, plus back problems he's been dealing with. The SB was some of the worst run blocking by our OL all year that I'd seen.

Lynch has always been hard to read. If you think he lacks fire, look at the time this year when he flipped the coaches off from the field because they called a pass play inside the 5 yard line. Lynch want the ball, and he wants to punish the defense. He knows his job and excels at it.

As for Michael, no he's not Lynch, but like some have said "who is?" No one in the NFL is quite like Lynch; a bruiser that breaks tackles, sheds tackles, punishes tacklers, makes people straight up miss, and can still break the long ball. He catches well out of the backfield. The closest guy I can think of in the last 10 years to Lynch is Marion Barber. Barber didn't have the elusiveness of Lynch or the hands out of the backfield ,but his runs had the same effect.

I can't wait to see Michael on the field. I love Turbo, but he is what he is at this point and he won't break many tackles. Even so, I'd rather see us ride Lynch until we can't any more, because he's a unique talent and when he goes, it's going to effect us. Especially against the 49ers.

... As you were saying? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93518

Mick063

Reaction score
Marvin49":1loydguv said:
Greenhell":1loydguv said:
253hawk":1loydguv said:
Word.

924001_615038781926031_419177653_n.jpg

Damn. AP makes Michael look like a HS player.

Yeah...he kinda does that to every RB. LOL.

My fiend and I have been saying for awhile that once every few generations a RB comes along that simply has EVERYTHING....size, speed, talent, work ethic....everything.

To me, those guys are....

Jim Brown
Bo Jackson
Adrian Peterson

It's like they are the same guy cloned over and over.

I have watched football since the 1960's. I have seen all the "modern era" backs.

Earl Campbell was a punishing delight with deceptive acceleration. Jim Brown was the original beast. Regardless of his off field issues, OJ Simpson was simply amazing to watch. Bo Jackson's supreme leg strength powered his hip out of his socket to end his career. Nobody finished runs like Walter Peyton. Barry Sander could take it the distance on any given play.

Then there are the great runners that no one ever talks about. William Andrews, Curt Warner, Jamal Anderson, Larry Csonka (The very definition of "running downhill"), Terrell Davis, the list goes on and on and on.

But having watched every last one of them, I still have to put Eric Dickerson as the ultimate thoroughbred.

Why?

The Rams had a crap quarterback, and average receivers, albeit a decent offensive line. Every person in the stadium, every viewer on television, but more importantly, every defensive opponent knew Dickerson was getting the ball. Eric Dickerson would routinely take it the distance on first and ten or second and five or third and one. The situation didn't matter. The down and distance didn't matter. The number of defenders in the box didn't matter.

He wasn't exactly shifty, but no back, none, had better vision, or chose better angles. None had the effortless thoroughbred glide that disguised his great top end speed. At his peak, I don't think I have seen better. If he played in today's era, he would put up the same numbers. Perhaps better considering modern defenders don't practice tackling much anymore. There is no doubt in my mind.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jville":2mlyai16 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mlyai16 said:
Did anyone else hear Cable on Mitch this morning?

He kinda shed some light on what's been going with Michael when Mitch asked him what he thought of his skills. Cable said all the RB's are obviously fantastic runners, but it's about learning their system and not just play "sandlot football."

This tells me that Michael is still having some trouble with doing what he's suppose to do within the schemes and assignments of Cable's running system.

Guess he still has some work to do.

Christian Michael ..... "... he had a nice spring football .... but Robert Turbin has had a big time spring football ... "

Tom Cable >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-mitch-in-the-morning-ondemand-mitchinthemorning/tom-cable-seahawks-offensive-line-and-24892627/[/urltargetblank]
Yeah, that part stood out to me.

I'm sure he has made progress, but Pete and Bevell are painting an awefully rosey picture. I'll go with Cable because he doesn't pull many punches and is closer to the action. We havent heard from Sherman Smith either.
Love the potential Christine has, but he strikes me as an RB version of Golden Tate in his first two seasons. He's leaning on his natural ability at the expense of learning the system. Let's hope he 'gets it' soon.

Seafan

Reaction score
Beast Mode is the greatest runner in Seahawk history but nothing lasts forever. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. I won't be surprised if he shows up next week. With Michael, Turbin, Ware, Small and Coleman the Hawks are prepared to move on. That's all that matters. I love his consistency and toughness. The Hawks already bend some rules for him. They can't be expected to wreck the cap for him. It's going to be interesting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There is no other Beast Mode.

There are no other RBs that can shove DEs down with one arm and run clean over Dockett while knocking his helmet off, run through the meat of the best LBing unit in the NFL and take it to the house and do it every week.

I want to see Michael and Turbin, but Lynch needs to retire a Seahawk, they don't have to pay him crazy money, just keep him happy for a couple, maybe at the most 3 years. Give the guy the chance at least, he deserves it.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Mick063":1e2jmb44 said:
But having watched every last one of them, I still have to put Eric Dickerson as the ultimate thoroughbred.
Had to look up his HOF tape on YT as I wasn't around in 83, but 1800 yards his rookie season sounds like natural to me. Thanks for this post

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32dyx3ah said:
Marvin49":32dyx3ah said:
My bad...

...I thought you were saying 10 mil PER SEASON.

No way he gets that much. GREAT player, but the position has just been devalued.

That's what I am saying. He's making 7M this season, and there's a team option for 9M in 2015.

Just don't see us picking up that option, nor do I see Lynch and his agent not wanting a new next off season.

According to spotrac.com, Lynch is scheduled to be paid $5.5M this year, which includes a $500,000 roster bonus.

And next year, $7.5M total, which includes a $2M roster bonus.

FWIW, you posted his cap numbers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2mykh1f4 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mykh1f4 said:
Marvin49":2mykh1f4 said:
My bad...

No way he gets that much. GREAT player, but the position has just been devalued.

That's what I am saying. He's making 7M this season, and there's a team option for 9M in 2015.

Just don't see us picking up that option, nor do I see Lynch and his agent not wanting a new next off season.

According to spotrac.com, Lynch is scheduled to be paid $5.5M this year, which includes a $500,000 roster bonus.

Don't you have to include his pro rated signing bonus in what he's making?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... awn-lynch/

2014: base: 5M signing bonus: 1.5M roster bonus: 500k = 7M

2015: base: 5.5M signing bonus: 1.5M roster bonus: 2M = 9M

It all goes against the cap, which is what matters.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2da7sczb said:
onanygivensunday":2da7sczb said:
Sgt. Largent":2da7sczb said:
Marvin49":2da7sczb said:
My bad...

Signing bonus has already been paid. That is where the dead money would come in if he were to be cut. His cap hit is $9m, but if we cut him after 2014 we save the salary + roster bonus of $7.5m. The $1.5M signing bonus will be charged to our cap regardless if he is on the team or not.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fg60tdu said:
onanygivensunday":1fg60tdu said:
Sgt. Largent":1fg60tdu said:
Marvin49":1fg60tdu said:
My bad...

Some agents don't like to acknowledge prorated signing bonus monies in their pursuit of additional money. In contrast, many front offices view it as prepaid monies for services yet to be fulfilled. I'm beginning to entertain the notion that the structure of the Colin Kaepernick contract may serve as a precident and may foreshadow more of the same in future contract structures around the league.