Rumblings Hawks are making a big move today...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind for the Hawks is their jedi mind tricks ability. They tricked a division rival into drafting another/other Rice TE, caused drama between a starting QB and said rival, and also masked their love of Wilson with the signing of Flynn.

Schneider and Pete prepare for the off-season similar to the baptism scene in the Godfather. They'll head into the draft sans glaring needs and try to take out other family heads along the way. Who they let be known they're interested in is by design.

firebee

Reaction score
Basis4day":3041poo4 said:
SomersetHawk":3041poo4 said:
Knowing that we love our draft picks, anyone else thinking we fans should be ignoring the FA market and coming up with crazy trade ideas?

Bennett for a 1st to Atlanta :stirthepot: Package it with our 1st to move into top 5 of the draft.

Is their anybody in this draft that could replace Bennett even if we moved into the top 5? I don't think so. Don't like the idea of trading Bennett for a draft pick, not even multiple draft picks... Maybe if a team was willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th... Then I might consider.

Basis4day

Reaction score
firebee":1ai9ahnm said:
Basis4day":1ai9ahnm said:
SomersetHawk":1ai9ahnm said:
Knowing that we love our draft picks, anyone else thinking we fans should be ignoring the FA market and coming up with crazy trade ideas?

Bennett for a 1st to Atlanta :stirthepot: Package it with our 1st to move into top 5 of the draft.

Is their anybody in this draft that could replace Bennett even if we moved into the top 5? I don't think so. Don't like the idea of trading Bennett for a draft pick, not even multiple draft picks... Maybe if a team was willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th... Then I might consider.

But it would be crazy

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe Evan likes Chris Clemons and is excited that he may be coming back? Just messing with ya big lugs.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":o4ppdkjx said:
pehawk":o4ppdkjx said:
I'm saying the other M Bennett. Hawks tend to try and solve conflicts between FO and players by adding to comradery.

Sucks other non shack people can't contribute. FA speculative period is just guilty fun.

I cleaned out some of the potty-talk, now we can do just what Pe intended; talk about speculation of player movement, from a "football-guy" point of view.

Carry on.

:th2thumbs:

Oh, and so everybody is clear,

It is OK to speculate, but please be conscious that there are a lot of folks on pins and needles now. Since we TRY to be the place for the best Hawks talk and TRY to insure accurate information whenever possible, please make an effort to make your comments/topic titles about speculation as clear as possible.

Otherwise, it's clearly not speculation?

:34853_doh:

[youtube]aRVNGDPCJvw[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1k86vl5e said:
One thing to keep in mind for the Hawks is their jedi mind tricks ability. They tricked a division rival into drafting another Rice TE, caused drama between a starting QB and said rival, and also masked their love of Wilson with the signing of Flynn.

Schneider and Pete prepare for the offseason similar to the baptism scene in the Godfather. They'll head into the draft sans glaring needs and try to take out other family heads along the way. Who they let be known they're interested in is by design.

So that news of us extending a great offer to Okung is just a bit of bait encouraging other teams to pay him lots and thus give us a nice comp pick.

Well it's totally feasible, I don't expect us to offer anything until we get an idea of his market. I'm also not convinced said market will be particularly good.

firebee

Reaction score
pehawk":vsnytdqk said:
One thing to keep in mind for the Hawks is their jedi mind tricks ability. They tricked a division rival into drafting another/other Rice TE, caused drama between a starting QB and said rival, and also masked their love of Wilson with the signing of Flynn.

Schneider and Pete prepare for the off-season similar to the baptism scene in the Godfather. They'll head into the draft sans glaring needs and try to take out other family heads along the way. Who they let be known they're interested in is by design.

You mean like getting another team to bite on Okung by expressing high interest in getting him resigned, so we can eliminate a contender for the services of another OT we want to bring in, like Schwartz or Sowell?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Meanwhile, good news on Jimmy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707656992765190146[/tweet]

Though I'll take it with a pinch of salt, could be a ruse to trade him...

Disclaimer: That was pure speculation on my part, I have no legitimate source to back me up on that. Unless anyone is willing to confirm this rumour is in fact a rumour?

MB12

Reaction score
Forte off to the Jets. I was holding out hope we could get him as a 3rd down back, ah well at least it's not the pats.

I'm excited for some reason

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":12153ce6 said:
Unless anyone is willing to confirm this rumour is in fact a rumour?

I think this might be a release/trade of a top player for draft picks.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":29nlnjym said:
Meanwhile, good news on Jimmy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707656992765190146[/tweet]

Though I'll take it with a pinch of salt, could be a ruse to trade him...

Disclaimer: That was pure speculation on my part, I have no legitimate source to back me up on that. Unless anyone is willing to confirm this rumour is in fact a rumour?

It's merely a rumor...I'll allow it.

*Disclaimer* I have no idea if this is really a rumor or not, nor am I an expert on topics that may or may not be rumor.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing Graham will be ready by week 1. Trade bait possibly.

AgentDib

Reaction score
They are clearly trying to get Okung and Mebane done ASAP. Thorton looks like a plan B for Mebane while Polk and Clemons look like additions. Polk is interesting to me largely as a UW fan for a few reasons. The injury concerns were what knocked him out of the 2012 draft and I'm not sure you can draw conclusions from his stint with Chip Kelly. He's been healthy recently and looks to be extremely cheap.

I don't see the MO of this front office as publicly talking up a player before trading him. They didn't do that with Seneca, Jackson, Tapp or Curry at the beginning. They also shipped out Norwood and CMike without hyping either. They had a lot of positive things to say about Unger and Harvin but those were completely different situations where they genuinely liked the on field production but external factors led to the decisions.

SomersetHawk":14uup41c said:
Feels more like speculation and less like a rumor but that's just my take on it.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3lplzf8l said:
Pretty good Seahawks follow is saying Hawks have a big move dropping today. I'm kinda giddy.

We need a "things that are stupid" thread

Basis4day

Reaction score
AgentDib":mcal5j1q said:
They are clearly trying to get Okung and Mebane done ASAP. Thorton looks like a plan B for Mebane while Polk and Clemons look like additions. Polk is interesting to me largely as a UW fan for a few reasons. The injury concerns were what knocked him out of the 2012 draft and I'm not sure you can draw conclusions from his stint with Chip Kelly. He's been healthy recently and looks to be extremely cheap.

SomersetHawk":mcal5j1q said:
Feels more like speculation and less like a rumor but that's just my take on it.

Where are you seeing Chris Polk hawk rumors?

DJrmb

Reaction score
AgentDib":447wiqub said:

SomersetHawk":447wiqub said:

I also love the idea of Polk, and not just because he is a UW guy. He's proven to be a pretty good 3rd down back and he also returns kicks. On a cheap deal Polk fills our need at RB perfectly.