Rumblings Hawks are making a big move today...

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Petellar Tendons are the hardest thing in sports to come back from. He is young and athletic, he'll never be quite as explosive as he was though. That's just the way it goes with P-Tendons.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
AgentDib":135l7ogc said:
They are clearly trying to get Okung and Mebane done ASAP. Thorton looks like a plan B for Mebane while Polk and Clemons look like additions. Polk is interesting to me largely as a UW fan for a few reasons. The injury concerns were what knocked him out of the 2012 draft and I'm not sure you can draw conclusions from his stint with Chip Kelly. He's been healthy recently and looks to be extremely cheap.

SomersetHawk":135l7ogc said:
Unless anyone is willing to confirm this rumour is in fact a rumour?
Feels more like speculation and less like a rumor but that's just my take on it.

What knocked Polk out of the draft is that he doesn't have anything he's great at. He's decent all the way across the board but doesn't have a single traight that says, "we need or really want this guy over somebody else". In my opinion, professional athletes need at least one stand out skill or traight, and he doesn't have it.

I've been arguing that point since before he went undrafted.

kearly

Reaction score
Free Agency is supposed to be fun. Thanks Pe for reminding us of that.

1pm Pacific is 4pm Eastern, and 4pm eastern is when players officially become free agents and when teams can officially consummate trades.

Many teams will announce deals before they are official, but that's generally not how JS rolls. He likes keeping his options open until the last minute. So we usually don't hear about a trade until the players are already flying in for their physicals.

That this rumor suggests he's waiting until 1pm makes me strongly suspicious that it is a trade or trades.

My theory. Seattle is trying hard to keep Okung before 1pm. If they can't reach a deal for Okung by that time, they go to plan B, trading for Joe Thomas. It's possible this deal might involve Kam Chancellor.

Seems too obvious though, JS tends to be sneakier than that.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2j2mlie0 said:
What knocked Polk out of the draft is that he doesn't have anything he's great at. He's decent all the way across the board but doesn't have a single traight that says, "we need or really want this guy over somebody else". In my opinion, professional athletes need at least one stand out skill or traight, and he doesn't have it.

To be fair, very few RBs in the NFL have stand out traits. The NFL is mostly comprised of fungible, jack of all trade RBs ala CJ Anderson.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
A rumor I've heard .. again.. take it with a grain of salt.. is that it involves trading Kam - possibly for Martellus Bennett.

But we shall see.

firebee

Reaction score
kearly":1sh6cofq said:
Free Agency is supposed to be fun. Thanks Pe for reminding us of that.

1pm Pacific is 4pm Eastern, and 4pm eastern is when players officially become free agents and when teams can officially consummate trades.

Many teams will announce deals before they are official, but that's generally not how JS rolls. He likes keeping his options open until the last minute. So we usually don't hear about a trade until the players are already flying in for their physicals.

That this rumor suggests he's waiting until 1pm makes me strongly suspicious that it is a trade or trades.

My theory. Seattle is trying hard to keep Okung before 1pm. If they can't reach a deal for Okung by that time, they go to plan B, trading for Joe Thomas. It's possible this deal might involve Kam Chancellor.

Seems too obvious though, JS tends to be sneakier than that.

If I was looking at trades... Based on Clark dropping down to LEO size with Marsh already in the Mold of a LEO and Clemons being brought in for talks; I'd say Avril is looking like the guy we're looking to trade.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
If its a Rumor and Seattles name is tied to it, I always assume false. It seems Nothing Seattle actually does leaks,

vin.couve12

Reaction score
What knocked Polk out of the draft were reports of degenerative issues in his shoulders. He was not given a clean bill of health and it was supposedly always going to be an issue.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is Percy Harvin available? Let's make things right with him and give him a second chance!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2aolq6oc said:
It would be awesome if seahawks.com had a press conference cam set up, and right at 1pm PST, the lights go out and you hear Jom Ross say something like "Good gawd! That's Joe Thomas's music!!!"

"He doesn't know it's a show. He thinks its a damn fight"

"Texas Slobber knocker"

kearly

Reaction score
firebee":33yp2nse said:
If I was looking at trades... Based on Clark dropping down to LEO size with Marsh already in the Mold of a LEO and Clemons being brought in for talks; I'd say Avril is looking like the guy we're looking to trade.

I hope not. Avril is a good player on a relative bargain deal. Clark isn't proven as a LEO, Clemons is done, and Marsh is probably headed to OLB and is replacement level as a pass rusher.

chawx

Reaction score
It's 15 minutes past 1pm PST ....

eLw7m.gif

London12

Reaction score
The Seahawks app just gave me a notification right after reading this thread, I got excited!

"Matt Hasselbeck announces retirement"

:(

ivotuk

Reaction score
firebee":227b8fj9 said:
pehawk":227b8fj9 said:
One thing to keep in mind for the Hawks is their jedi mind tricks ability. They tricked a division rival into drafting another/other Rice TE, caused drama between a starting QB and said rival, and also masked their love of Wilson with the signing of Flynn.

Schneider and Pete prepare for the off-season similar to the baptism scene in the Godfather. They'll head into the draft sans glaring needs and try to take out other family heads along the way. Who they let be known they're interested in is by design.

You mean like getting another team to bite on Okung by expressing high interest in getting him resigned, so we can eliminate a contender for the services of another OT we want to bring in, like Schwartz or Sowell?

Or eliminate a competitor from drafting LT in the first round.

Latest posts