Rumor... Clowney to Seattle

TAB420

Reaction score
rcaido":16n5zhow said:
This isn't a good sign...I guess UFA Tender will save us from losing a comp pick. i wonder which team is going to pick him up. Im guessing its the Browns. They cut Vernon, they save 15.5million. Clowney & Garrett would be scary.
When is the deadline to use the UFA tender? It hasn't been put in place yet, right?

rcaido

Reaction score
TAB420":axxhcjox said:
rcaido":axxhcjox said:
This isn't a good sign...I guess UFA Tender will save us from losing a comp pick. i wonder which team is going to pick him up. Im guessing its the Browns. They cut Vernon, they save 15.5million. Clowney & Garrett would be scary.
When is the deadline to use the UFA tender? It hasn't been put in place yet, right?

I believe its May 5th is the deadline and has until July 22 for a team to sign him or else the Seahawks will be his team w/ a 16.5 one year deal.

If the Seahawks dont do the UFA, im guessing they really dont feel Clowney is worth the 16.5million salary or 3rd round comp pick. They must be really low balling him. If the Seahawks do the UFA, then Clowney was probably asking for too much.

I mean Clowney for 16.5million for one year is a no brainer to me. Then we get a comp pick next season if he signs somewhere else.

hawks85

Reaction score
massari":wszwrxtp said:
gowazzu02":wszwrxtp said:
massari":wszwrxtp said:
All this over $2M APY....just pay him already.

lol sure glad your not in charge of our cap! We just cut Fluke to save 3.3 mill. So that extra 2 Mill is equal to at least one player.

Add in having the most expensive QB in the game, the most or (2nd most) MLB in the game. A highly paid LT and it all gets complicated.
If the rumors are true, the Seahawks are offering $16M and Clowney is looking for 18M.

Imagine letting a couple of million prevent you from shoring up the biggest need, at one of the most important positions, on the best available player...
Clowney is a joke. I pray this guy doesnt return here. He isn't worth 18 mil. This dude is clearly all about himself. Clowney needs to step his game up to get paid that. His best option sign with a team in a weak division on a 1 year deal to take advantage of getting more sacks and enter the market again next year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
rcaido":3ukcyr55 said:
TAB420":3ukcyr55 said:
rcaido":3ukcyr55 said:

I believe its May 5th is the deadline and has until July 22 for a team to sign him or else the Seahawks will be his team w/ a 16.5 one year deal.

If the Seahawks dont do the UFA, im guessing they really dont feel Clowney is worth the 16.5million salary or 3rd round comp pick. They must be really low balling him. If the Seahawks do the UFA, then Clowney was probably asking for too much.

I mean Clowney for 16.5million for one year is a no brainer to me. Then we get a comp pick next season if he signs somewhere else.

Solid post.

KinesProf

Reaction score
hawks85":aod8ghvi said:
massari":aod8ghvi said:
gowazzu02":aod8ghvi said:
massari":aod8ghvi said:
All this over $2M APY....just pay him already.

lol sure glad your not in charge of our cap! We just cut Fluke to save 3.3 mill. So that extra 2 Mill is equal to at least one player.

Add in having the most expensive QB in the game, the most or (2nd most) MLB in the game. A highly paid LT and it all gets complicated.
If the rumors are true, the Seahawks are offering $16M and Clowney is looking for 18M.

Imagine letting a couple of million prevent you from shoring up the biggest need, at one of the most important positions, on the best available player...
Clowney is a joke. This dude is clearly all about himself.

Funny. The things that people will say from the safety of keyboard anonymity that they would never say to someone's face.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are the only team to really know his health. This isn't over yet, lets give it one more week, Reed is on the team and claimed his old Jersey and Clowney may be out another check or so to get it back. Snooze you lose.

TAB420

Reaction score
Appyhawk":6r5tnmkm said:
rcaido":6r5tnmkm said:
TAB420":6r5tnmkm said:
rcaido":6r5tnmkm said:

Solid post.
OTC has us not getting a comp pic for Clowney because of our free agent signings, even if he would have been signed before the draft. Is this right?

hawks85

Reaction score
KinesProf":9290dpc0 said:
hawks85":9290dpc0 said:
massari":9290dpc0 said:
gowazzu02":9290dpc0 said:

Funny. The things that people will say from the safety of keyboard anonymity that they would never say to someone's face.
Funny. I would say it to his face. Clowney doesnt scare me one bit. I got brass balls.

Rat

Reaction score
Clowney should hold out for every cent he can get. There's a good chance this his brain is mush when he gets older and he'll probably spend the rest of his life in pain. Get what you can while you can get it.

Still wish he'd compromise on something with us though. Tremendous player who can still can better at a critical position of need. Makes sense for both sides, sucks they can't agree on compensation.

TAB420

Reaction score
QuickLightning":4jfetbvw said:
It's official. Clowney no longer counts towards comp picks. That was an expensive 1 year rental...
Didn't we sign too many free agents to get this anyways?

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow i just checked, i can't believe Ifedi didnt' qualify. Then i check his salary & Bears are only paying him less than a million. Why would he take a contract that low and why would we not match that, i mean even for backup purpose seems like a really cheap deal.

I guess we really dont need to do the UFA then for Clowney. The only incentive was to get a safety net comp pick, i guess the Seahawks are in the driver seat. They can just wait it out to see all the other offers from the teams and can match.

getnasty

Reaction score
rcaido":38ggfvxd said:
Wow i just checked, i can't believe Ifedi didnt' qualify. Then i check his salary & Bears are only paying him less than a million. Why would he take a contract that low and why would we not match that, i mean even for backup purpose seems like a really cheap deal.

I guess we really dont need to do the UFA then for Clowney. The only incentive was to get a safety net comp pick, i guess the Seahawks are in the driver seat. They can just wait it out to see all the other offers from the teams and can match.

Yeah didn't see that either but for that price i'd would have brought him back and let him compete with Shell. That's great value for a young, durable, experienced player.

KinesProf

Reaction score
hawks85":12z5l4wu said:
KinesProf":12z5l4wu said:
hawks85":12z5l4wu said:
massari":12z5l4wu said:

Funny. I would say it to his face. Clowney doesnt scare me one bit. I got brass balls.

You'd call someone, who you don't know and appears to be a good guy in the community, a clown because of sports? Why?

TAB420

Reaction score
KinesProf":2yxlougo said:
hawks85":2yxlougo said:
KinesProf":2yxlougo said:
hawks85":2yxlougo said:
Clowney is a F'ing joke. This dude is clearly all about himself.

You'd call someone, who you don't know and appears to be a good guy in the community, a clown because of sports? Why?
I don't see where anyone called him clown, Clown-ey...yes.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1255506678038040581[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/vountee/status/1255691196132884482[/tweet]

HawkinNY

Reaction score
rcaido":3u3urwsd said:
Well Clowney and Watt couldn’t be any scarier and that team didn’t do anything. I think not paying him is the smart move. If he comes for 10-12 a year for 2-3 years that’s fine. He will always be hurt and only play 10-13 games a year. No way would he ever live up to a 20 mil a year contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts