Rumor... Clowney to Seattle

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
A-Dog":1xyxfiv6 said:
This is interesting... seems like a no-brainer for the Seahawks and it doesn't violate the agreement not to franchise tag him.

But if Clowney sees it as a violation of the spirit of the agreement, regardless of the letter, he may have a sour attitude if he comes back and plays here. Best to let him continue to find suitors at his price, and if none show up, perhaps our door will still be open.

Egos are a tough thing to deal with, especially once your suit has been spurned...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
massari":3iziugm5 said:
All this over $2M APY....just pay him already.

lol sure glad your not in charge of our cap! We just cut Fluke to save 3.3 mill. So that extra 2 Mill is equal to at least one player.

Add in having the most expensive QB in the game, the most or (2nd most) MLB in the game. A highly paid LT and it all gets complicated.

massari

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3tcxtctz said:
massari":3tcxtctz said:

lol sure glad your not in charge of our cap! We just cut Fluke to save 3.3 mill. So that extra 2 Mill is equal to at least one player.

Add in having the most expensive QB in the game, the most or (2nd most) MLB in the game. A highly paid LT and it all gets complicated.
If the rumors are true, the Seahawks are offering $16M and Clowney is looking for 18M.

Imagine letting a couple of million prevent you from shoring up the biggest need, at one of the most important positions, on the best available player...

chrispy

Reaction score
They could have had him for 16.5 under the same type of agreement the Giants put on Golden. I think that means the reports of an offer around 16 is false. Last year they only paid 7 or 8 because Texans paid the rest. Maybe JS just thinks he's not worth the money....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
massari":274nw80x said:
gowazzu02":274nw80x said:
massari":274nw80x said:

If the rumors are true, the Seahawks are offering $16M and Clowney is looking for 18M.

Imagine letting a couple of million prevent you from shoring up the biggest need, at one of the most important positions, on the best available player...

Then you go up to 18, and he says 20.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3k0z7qqh said:
Jarran Reed has taken back his #90...

Seems like a bad sign.
More than a bad sign, he is not coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
vindication for JS. Clowney still available. Nobody out there willing to pay what he wants. He vastly over estimated his value and will end up in the 10-12M a year range.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
kf3339":lnwr8evc said:
Maelstrom787":lnwr8evc said:

Seems like a bad sign.

Then sign Griffen and move on.

Yep. I'm a huge fan of the player Clowney is - he's a rare type of dude. Maybe a future return is possible.

But I'm ready to roll with the rookies and go hard after Griffen and a depth DT or two. I'd be totally fine with that.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3q2rqmgj said:
kf3339":3q2rqmgj said:
Maelstrom787":3q2rqmgj said:

Seems like a bad sign.

Then sign Griffen and move on.

Yep. I'm a huge fan of the player Clowney is - he's a rare type of dude. Maybe a future return is possible.

But I'm ready to roll with the rookies and go hard after Griffen and a depth DT or two. I'd be totally fine with that.
If Clowney couldn’t find buyers, got to wonder how much one needs to pay to get Griffen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Griffen is interesting, in a normal year, he wouldn't sign until Clowney sets the market.

But this is very much not a normal year. I wonder what those negotiations look like. Cause teams aren't going to want to set a bar with him before Clowney signs, could you imagine if a team gave Griffin a deal bigger than what Clowney eventually gets.

Its all an intricate dance.

The NFL is if anything a deadline league. Are there any deadlines coming up? I don't really think so, Clowney could hold out all the way through training camp.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2fl8x8zw said:
Griffen is interesting, in a normal year, he wouldn't sign until Clowney sets the market.

But this is very much not a normal year. I wonder what those negotiations look like. Cause teams aren't going to want to set a bar with him before Clowney signs, could you imagine if a team gave Griffin a deal bigger than what Clowney eventually gets.

Its all an intricate dance.

The NFL is if anything a deadline league. Are there any deadlines coming up? I don't really think so, Clowney could hold out all the way through training camp.

Griffen's older, so maybe the per year of what Clowney gets matters to him, but the length of contract I imagine is going to be much shorter for him.

I can see Clowney signing a 3-4 year deal, but I can't imagine someone giving Griffen more than a fully guaranteed one year deal, or a two year deal with a team option in the 2nd year type scenario.

But yes, I do think Griffen is waiting for Clowney to sign.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
iamstevenlopez":qwv5wfgp said:
Sign Everson Griffin and Snacks Harrison.
The D-Line would easily become a force to be reckoned with.

Harrison looked like he was on his last legs, last year. No thanks.

DJrmb

Reaction score

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DJrmb":3ih364zj said:
Harrison didn't want to play in Detroit and has gone on record saying that he wasn't motivated to play there last season

Former Lions player Damon Harrison says he was 'hell-bent' to get out of Detroit
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29033271/damon-harrison-says-was-hell-bent-get-detroit

I don't foresee that being a problem here with Pete on a playoff caliber team. I would be pretty pumped if they brought him in to add to the D-line.

Nope.. Don't need a slacker.. was there, could be here.

rcaido

Reaction score
This isn't a good sign...I guess UFA Tender will save us from losing a comp pick. i wonder which team is going to pick him up. Im guessing its the Browns. They cut Vernon, they save 15.5million. Clowney & Garrett would be scary.