Rumor has it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If it were an indication of what we might expect during the regular season, then I might be a little more enthused. But I vividly remember the Mora year in 2009 when we went 4-0 in the preseason. As a matter of fact, our combined preseason record in 2008/2009, our two worst back-to back seasons this century, was a gaudy 7-1, the one loss coming by a single point.

But like you said, to each his own.
I don’t understand why anybody puts stock in preseason wins or losses. Lions were 4-0 in their 0-16 campaign. In crunch time at the end of games it’s 3rd-5th stringers out there. It’s very useful to see your players get the full speed, full contact reps they can’t get in practice. If wins meant anything more than the ink on a scoresheet, better players would be in the game in the 4th.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don’t understand why anybody puts stock in preseason wins or losses. Lions were 4-0 in their 0-16 campaign. In crunch time at the end of games it’s 3rd-5th stringers out there. It’s very useful to see your players get the full speed, full contact reps they can’t get in practice. If wins meant anything more than the ink on a scoresheet, better players would be in the game in the 4th.
Well put. More so than ever before, preseason games are all about talent evaluation, in particular, those younger players that are on the bubble and just trying to make the team.

It used to be that the first unit would get at least 2 quarters of work in the 3rd out of 4 preseason games, but even that rarely happens anymore. Nowadays, with the concern about injuries, many if not most of the returning starters don't see a single snap during the preseason.

That's why I can't get excited about the preseason. Sure, I'll watch most of the games as by having gone 6 months since the Super Bowl, I'm thirsting for football of any kind. But my specific interest is more about getting to know some of the rookies and other newbies than it is rooting for our team's success.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
My mom and I tried to watch preseason games one time a few years back when I was visiting her in August. We even prepared snacks for the Hall of Fame Game. Yay! Football was back!

Yeah, not so much. We quickly realized that preseason football games just aren't interesting to watch as football games. I ended up turning on all the Seahawks' preseason games that year, but only because I was curious about some specific players, and I actually did some work during those games, looking at the game whenever it sounded like something interesting might be happening, or when I knew a player I wanted to see was on the field.