Rumor: Jeremy Lane traded to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":266kngm1 said:
Sgt. Largent":266kngm1 said:
Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman

Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.
I'm sorry, but Griffin has also made some pretty bad ass plays, too. Many fans look at him and see the CB of the future opposite Sherm. Sure, he's a rook and makes some rook mistakes, but they have been bearable so far. The question is: will he get better and how fast will it happen?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont think Griffin is playing any worse than Lane does to be honest. Griffin will far surpass Jeremy as the season continues.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d4zs9auv said:
Sgt. Largent":d4zs9auv said:
Griffin has emerged, and already surpassed Lane at the other CB opposite Sherman

Griffin is being abused like a stepwife over there. He's getting a pass because he's a rookie and because people irrationally hate players who get second deals. If Lane were making the concessions Griffin is, nobody would be talking about anyone "emerging".

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this trade happened, because nothing surprises me anymore.

Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ortb4jeq said:
What’s a “step wife?”
Maybe a cross between an ex-wife and a red-headed step child?

:twisted:

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dlezphzx said:
MontanaHawk05":dlezphzx said:
Sgt. Largent":dlezphzx said:

Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.
PFF Grades:

Griffin- 73.2
Lane- 44.8

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":e3ddbjru said:
Uncle Si":e3ddbjru said:
What’s a “step wife?”
Maybe a cross between an ex-wife and a red-headed step child?

:twisted:

I thought they called that the "woody allen"?

Sorry back on topic....it's an interesting rumor, and I would like to see us upgrade our O-line, but we definitely have to give to get. Is Lane enough to get a holdout Offensive Lineman? I wouldn't think so, but we'll have to wait and see.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":enw7nugz said:
MontanaHawk05":enw7nugz said:
Sgt. Largent":enw7nugz said:

For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

An RCB of ours that was abused was Cary Williams - not Griffin.

Edited for words.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1n6mm9zi said:
That's a fake account. He changed the L's to i's in the twitter handle.

Isn't blue check mean it is verified? Lanes twitter handle is "stayinginmylane".

Seems to be false anyway.

Seymour

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1sir9qh3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1sir9qh3 said:
MontanaHawk05":1sir9qh3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1sir9qh3 said:

For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

An RCB of ours that was abused was Cary Williams - not Griffin.

Edited for words.

That doesn't matter. He has made his declaration and will stick with it "till death do you part".

Sad because there really is no question that Griffin has played better between the 2.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Possible theres a trade in place but it hasnt been approved by the league yet or were in contract talks with brown and talks about restructuring other players?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
redhawk253":2gwolpbo said:
Possible theres a trade in place but it hasnt been approved by the league yet or were in contract talks with brown and talks about restructuring other players?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've been reading that this has been going on all season, so my guess is if there is a sticking point or what would hold up a trade for Brown, it's hammering out the details a new contract.

The good news is if we know one thing about Schneider, he usually gets what he wants.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6xpk4jbv said:
MontanaHawk05":6xpk4jbv said:
Sgt. Largent":6xpk4jbv said:

Not sure what games you're watching

Same ones you are.

Not saying he'll never improve. I'm saying that he's still raw to the point that getting rid of Lane might deserve a second thought, at least for depth's sake.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3d4zsrqf said:
Sgt. Largent":3d4zsrqf said:
MontanaHawk05":3d4zsrqf said:
Sgt. Largent":3d4zsrqf said:

He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":170ds7uj said:
JGfromtheNW":170ds7uj said:
Sgt. Largent":170ds7uj said:
MontanaHawk05":170ds7uj said:

He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?

Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

But he had great Character !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts