Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":2st7jwwz said:
MontanaHawk05":2st7jwwz said:
JGfromtheNW":2st7jwwz said:
Sgt. Largent":2st7jwwz said:
Not sure what games you're watching, but Griffin's played great.........and as Pete said in his presser yesterday should start turning those good deflected passes into interceptions.

For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

He's played well given his context (rookie). Rodgers picked on him pretty bad.

Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?

Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

But he had great Character !

Psh.

Y'all hyped Jennings. I was here.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":34ewp6pu said:
chris98251":34ewp6pu said:
MontanaHawk05":34ewp6pu said:
JGfromtheNW":34ewp6pu said:
For real, I don't get Montana's perspective on Griffin playing poorly, let alone being abused. He's been banging this drum for at least a couple weeks now and Griffin has, according to most analysts, coaches and PFF, played very well opposite of Sherm.

Cary Williams and Kelly Jennings are both interesting examples for y'all to bring up, because both of them were denounced as bad once they accrued some experience and didn't improve. As rookies, they were probably gushed over same as y'all are doing over Griffin.

I personally suspect Griffin will turn out nicely. Question is, while he's a rookie, do we cut Lane and trust him with the position?

Jennings only gushed the blood of the fan base as he let pass after pass be completed draining every chance of hope of stopping a drive.

But he had great Character !

Psh.

Y'all hyped Jennings. I was here.

Hated the damn pick myself. wanted Jimmy Williams who wasn't in hindsight much a better choice.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3q4ut7s9 said:

Yes, especially with Lane's cap hit and Shead coming back............and ESPECIALLY if it means getting Brown.

hawk45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2t2tq6qc said:

I disagree. He played well objectively as CB2 on this team. Our more experienced CB2s - and I'm talking Maxwell and Browner - have been victimized worse by elite passing attacks.

You can dismiss it as rookie-love if you like but to me Shaq is playing up to the Byron Maxwell Brandon Browner level of corner already. He's playing far, far above the Jeremy Lane level.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1weqlmp9 said:
If they don't trade NOdiambo straight up for Clowney AND Brown, they suck :lol:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :2thumbs:

mrblitz

Reaction score
jennings was in position most every time. it's just that he never turned his head to look back at the incoming ball.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
No news to report. Something should have been reported by now. So I'm locking it until we get something solid to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.