Rumor Mill: Hawks could be in on a DeSean Jackson trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jackson is good but there is 0 chance. The contract is bad and gets worse, and he isn't going to take a pay cut. Even a restructure wouldn't help it enough for our cap space.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Do we have enough space to pull off getting both Allen and Jackson? Even if Jackson restructured.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If we could swing a player-for-player trade that didn't involve draft picks then I might be interested in listening, but the issue with Jackson is that he's really just a 'Z' who plays in the slot, which the Hawks already have in both Harvin and Baldwin. What the Hawks need is a true 'X' with length to play outside now that Tate is gone (and to compete with Kearse in that role), and that's not Jackson.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":35nsb875 said:
If we could swing a player-for-player trade that didn't involve draft picks then I might be interested in listening, but the issue with Jackson is that he's really just a 'Z' who plays in the slot, which the Hawks already have in both Harvin and Baldwin. What the Hawks need is a true 'X' with length to play outside now that Tate is gone (and to compete with Kearse in that role), and that's not Jackson.

And we win with defense and a non conventional quarterback... now that teams are copying our defense in regards to the secondary we counter punch with quick guys that burn them alive.. TY Hilton comes to mind. :)

Guarding both Harvin and Jackson is literally not possible. Especially when defenses have to guard the run of Mode, Michaels, Turbo and the scrambling of Wilson. This idea gives me the woods.

plyka

Reaction score
This is never going to happen because it would be an idiotic decision, and this superbowl winning front office rarely makes idiotic decisions.

1) The money is not there past next year. You could sign another 10m per year player, but that means that 1 of the big 3 could not stay on: Wilson, Earl or Sherm.
2) He doesn't fit this team. He is another 5'10'' guy. He is a poor man's Percy. Percy without the speed/quickness (we are speaking in relative terms here), without the toughness, without the ability to run from behind the line of scrimmage. For those saying Jackkson is better, I don't think you watch much football.
3) Draft picks are like gold around here. When you have all the young talent, then you need to keep it by paying your players, then suppliment the roster with later round draft picks.

So basically he is too expensive, redundant, and would cause problems long term. Basically there is 0% chance that this happens.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
This sounds like a rumor that guy on twitter and his friend who works at Vmac for 8 yrs put out.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The only way it could happen is if we traded Harvin. And DeSean is poison to a locker room. He would cause more harm than good if he doesn't think he is getting the ball enough. Cal imploded his junior year when he started voicing those complaints. Also, DeSean disrespected Carroll during the recruiting process by lying to him that he was a "silent commit" and then pretending to pick the SC hat before reaching for the Cal one.

Smellyman

Reaction score
plyka":uk9ed6o2 said:
This is never going to happen because it would be an idiotic decision, and this superbowl winning front office rarely makes idiotic decisions.

1) The money is not there past next year. You could sign another 10m per year player, but that means that 1 of the big 3 could not stay on: Wilson, Earl or Sherm.
2) He doesn't fit this team. He is another 5'10'' guy. He is a poor man's Percy. Percy without the speed/quickness (we are speaking in relative terms here), without the toughness, without the ability to run from behind the line of scrimmage. For those saying Jackkson is better, I don't think you watch much football.
3) Draft picks are like gold around here. When you have all the young talent, then you need to keep it by paying your players, then suppliment the roster with later round draft picks.

So basically he is too expensive, redundant, and would cause problems long term. Basically there is 0% chance that this happens.

if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Smellyman":2n8t66sp said:
plyka":2n8t66sp said:

if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.

You could put Christine Michael in that race too. Hes faaaaaaassssssssssttttttttt

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":x094bf1o said:
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i37upb4 said:
Smellyman":1i37upb4 said:
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm sure glad all these 'fantasy' football GM's aren't our real GM.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2cvfdo6v said:
RolandDeschain":2cvfdo6v said:
Smellyman":2cvfdo6v said:

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.

That's a lot of confidence in a player that has inspired none to date. His 40 time was almost identical to Lynch's. Fast but not blazing fast. In fact, Michael's time was just 9th best (for RBs) at the combine. He's more myth than legend at this point and has a long way to go before his name should even be mentioned in the same post as ML's. IMO.

Back OT. Jackson would be fun to have and too much emphasis is being placed on the need for a tall receiver. The majority of Wilson's over throws were not catchable by guys not named LeBron. Of course a tall guy would be great but you don't pass on talents like Harvin or Jackson because they are not 6"3". OTOH, you do pass on guys like Harvin and Jackson for other reasons. And with that, I just couldn't imagine those two in the same locker room. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.