Rumor Mill: Hawks could be in on a DeSean Jackson trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Anyone remember the HBO series OZ back in the days..? When I first read Tim McManus this guy popped into my mind...

Terry Kinney

sliv

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pksrzr3i said:
HansGruber":pksrzr3i said:
The homerism on this board is laughable at times.

Percy is tougher and more productive than DeSean Jackson? That's just straight up laughable. And just flat out WRONG.

Harvin has never had a 1000-yard season. Ever. Never caught more than 6 TDs. Career average of 11 YPC. Career total of 3300 yds and 20 TDs.

DeSean Jackson has put up more yards in 5 out of his 6 seasons in the NFL than Harvin has his entire career, has twice the career yardage and 32 career TDs, has missed 12 less games, has career 17.2 YPC, and flat out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic.

I can't even talk Harvin anymore on this forum because the homerism has reached levels of absurdism that I never even thought possible. I don't even know how someone claims to be an NFL fan making such a blatantly false, inaccurate, psychedelic drug induced comparison. It's a joke. And I think I'm done watching people sniff glue and embarrass themselves now.

Everybody, meet HansGruber when he looks at DeSean Jackson's stat sheet:

homer-drooling.png

Not saying Percy has been more productive, we're saying Percy Harvin is a better talent. Also, flat-out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic? You must be only looking at the stats you want to look at. Harvin's career stats absolutely SMOKE DeSean's for yards after the catch, missed tackles, % of passes caught, dropped balls, etc. Harvin is light years ahead of DeSean in those categories and it's not even remotely close, despite fewer passes caught. Hans, I am flat-out telling you to your face that you don't know what you're talking about and you are the one with rose-colored glasses, here.

Unbelievable.

:13: impressive and very well articulated man......

Has D Jackson at any point been in the national conversation for mvp? Injuries have hurt Percy's overall production.. no doubt, but like coach say's "something good is about to happen" maybe that something good is a healthy year for Percy Harvin.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
HawkWow":3efptmk6 said:
BlueBlood":3efptmk6 said:
RolandDeschain":3efptmk6 said:
Smellyman":3efptmk6 said:
if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.

That's a lot of confidence in a player that has inspired none to date. His 40 time was almost identical to Lynch's. Fast but not blazing fast. In fact, Michael's time was just 9th best (for RBs) at the combine. He's more myth than legend at this point and has a long way to go before his name should even be mentioned in the same post as ML's. IMO.

Back OT. Jackson would be fun to have and too much emphasis is being placed on the need for a tall receiver. The majority of Wilson's over throws were not catchable by guys not named LeBron. Of course a tall guy would be great but you don't pass on talents like Harvin or Jackson because they are not 6"3". OTOH, you do pass on guys like Harvin and Jackson for other reasons. And with that, I just couldn't imagine those two in the same locker room. Pass.

4.43 40 man.. And he's much more agile and is bigger than Lynch.. Much more explosive as a runner.. Health permitting he's going shred defenses.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
HawkWow":cdj7amlr said:
BlueBlood":cdj7amlr said:
RolandDeschain":cdj7amlr said:
Smellyman":cdj7amlr said:
if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.

That's a lot of confidence in a player that has inspired none to date. His 40 time was almost identical to Lynch's. Fast but not blazing fast. In fact, Michael's time was just 9th best (for RBs) at the combine. He's more myth than legend at this point and has a long way to go before his name should even be mentioned in the same post as ML's. IMO.

Back OT. Jackson would be fun to have and too much emphasis is being placed on the need for a tall receiver. The majority of Wilson's over throws were not catchable by guys not named LeBron. Of course a tall guy would be great but you don't pass on talents like Harvin or Jackson because they are not 6"3". OTOH, you do pass on guys like Harvin and Jackson for other reasons. And with that, I just couldn't imagine those two in the same locker room. Pass.

His combine numbers were better than Adrian Petersons, only thing Peterson had on him was 4.0 forty to 4.3

Other than that his 20 yard dash, come drill and vertical were all better than AP.

No big deal =)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BlueBlood":38f383q6 said:
HawkWow":38f383q6 said:
BlueBlood":38f383q6 said:
RolandDeschain":38f383q6 said:
Smellyman said:

4.43 40 man.. And he's much more agile and is bigger than Lynch.. Much more explosive as a runner.. Health permitting he's going shred defenses.
based on what? Glimpses in preseason and garbage time?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
@BlueBlood you telling me Peterson ran a 4.0 on his 40..? Wouldn't that make him one of the fastest man alive..?

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3d1u5w8y said:
Not saying Percy has been more productive, we're saying Percy Harvin is a better talent. Also, flat-out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic? You must be only looking at the stats you want to look at. Harvin's career stats absolutely SMOKE DeSean's for yards after the catch, missed tackles, % of passes caught, dropped balls, etc. Harvin is light years ahead of DeSean in those categories and it's not even remotely close, despite fewer passes caught. Hans, I am flat-out telling you to your face that you don't know what you're talking about and you are the one with rose-colored glasses, here.

Unbelievable.

Actually, this speaks for itself:

Dj career
Ph career

If the Seahawks front office could go back one year, and pick between DeSean Jackson or Percy Harvin for the same money and draft picks...
who do you think they pick?

Are you seriously going to tell me they'd choose Percy Harvin?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":3cufokt8 said:
RolandDeschain":3cufokt8 said:

Unbelievable.

Actually, this speaks for itself:

View attachment 1

If the Seahawks front office could go back one year, and pick between DeSean Jackson or Percy Harvin for the same money and draft picks...
who do you think they pick?

Are you seriously going to tell me they'd choose Percy Harvin?

They'd choose Harvin, no doubt about it

BlueBlood

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1lz1dgdc said:
@BlueBlood you telling me Peterson ran a 4.0 on his 40..? Wouldn't that make him one of the fastest man alive..?

4.4 dude...

HansGruber

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1zwgf50m said:

Stop kidding yourself.

Pete Carroll preaches competition at all times and at all costs.
Competition is all about production.

Potential is for Superbowl losers like Kaepernick and Peyton.
Potential is an excuse for failure.

Put those stats under Carroll's nose this time last year, hide the names, and he's going to pick DeSean Jackson 1000 out of 1000 times.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":3sccbrh2 said:
-The Glove-":3sccbrh2 said:

Stop kidding yourself.

Pete Carroll preaches competition at all times and at all costs.
Competition is all about production.

Potential is for Superbowl losers like Kaepernick and Peyton.
Potential is an excuse for last place.

Put these stats under Carroll's nose this time last year, hide the names, and he's going to pick DeSean Jackson 1000 out of 1000 times.

Because Pete Carroll is a winner.
he also always talks about players that tilt the field. Someone that always has to be accounted for at all times. When your offense is in a run formation, is that guy getting the attention DJack? He may have better WR numbers because that's all he is. Percy Harvin is a threat no matter what the situation and those 2 fly sweeps in the Superbowl were evidence of that. If you're talking about a game changing threat, Percy Harvin is that...not Desean!

Kakaww

Reaction score
After watching Jackson quit on his team in 2011 during his contract year? Jogging down the field, pouting on the bench, being an immature primadonna, no thanks.

HansGruber

Reaction score
-The Glove-":37fg024r said:
He also always talks about players that tilt the field. Someone that always has to be accounted for at all times. When your offense is in a run formation, is that guy getting the attention DJack? He may have better WR numbers because that's all he is. Percy Harvin is a threat no matter what the situation and those 2 fly sweeps in the Superbowl were evidence of that. If you're talking about a game changing threat, Percy Harvin is that...not Desean!

OK I'll make it simpler:

Same money, same picks...

Comparo

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If it was possible to retroactively spend money to get stat production, then you'd have a really strong point.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":rnlyyhp7 said:
-The Glove-":rnlyyhp7 said:
He also always talks about players that tilt the field. Someone that always has to be accounted for at all times. When your offense is in a run formation, is that guy getting the attention DJack? He may have better WR numbers because that's all he is. Percy Harvin is a threat no matter what the situation and those 2 fly sweeps in the Superbowl were evidence of that. If you're talking about a game changing threat, Percy Harvin is that...not Desean!

OK I'll make it simpler:

Same money, same picks...

Ah I see...Percy's injury riddled year? Compared to a healthy Desean? Well now I see what you're talking about

Cause we all know if we just switch the players their production, injuries, etc. would be all the same right?

Status
Not open for further replies.