Rumor Mill: Hawks could be in on a DeSean Jackson trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
At this point I only care about keeping the core guys.

I am sure people enjoy the rosterbation despite this kind of move won't happen. We got our burner last year.

Veilside

Reaction score
The only way a move like this would make sense to me is if we somehow lost Harvin or Baldwin. I can see the possibilities for the kind of offense that featured 2 of the fastest guys in the league (hopefully better than the Bears or Raiders usually turn out), and also that Wilson does already have a big vertical threat in Luke Willson; however, I just don't see Jackson taking a prove it deal and that is the only way I see this being a possibility with our cap situation. I think we really need a bigger red zone target playing that outside position as well as having decent route running skills and I think that's why Tate's value to us wasn't as high as he was thinking.

jblaze

Reaction score
He's a good WR but not at 10.5 and the headaches, no way our FO would be so dumb. He's not nearly dynamic as Percy, we dont need two of them on our team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2yx87qjc said:
RolandDeschain":2yx87qjc said:
Smellyman":2yx87qjc said:
if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.
One thing I hate about the combine is that guys aren't in full pads. Some guys are very nearly as fast in pads as they are without. Some guys take a HUGE hit to their athleticism when they put full pads on. I don't even look at or care about combine numbers, to be honest. All I know is that on the field on game days, Percy Harvin is faster than DeSean Jackson and I can't even think of someone as fast as Percy in full pads.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":athyr2op said:
BlueBlood":athyr2op said:
RolandDeschain":athyr2op said:
Smellyman":athyr2op said:
if Percy and DeSean raced.....it would be a good race. I would not place a bet either way.
I'm pretty sure Percy would win in pads. I don't know who would win without pads, though.

Look at Michaels combine numbers. Hes freaking sick! I love beast but I cant wait for him to get his chance. Hes going to be better than Lynch, health providing.
One thing I hate about the combine is that guys aren't in full pads. Some guys are very nearly as fast in pads as they are without. Some guys take a HUGE hit to their athleticism when they put full pads on. I don't even look at or care about combine numbers, to be honest. All I know is that on the field on game days, Percy Harvin is faster than DeSean Jackson and I can't even think of someone as fast as Percy in full pads.
That's because they don't exist yet. Percy is a generational player DeSean isn't.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He committed to Cal at the last minute and then claimed he was upset that USC hadn't kept his commitment to the Trojans a secret. Only problem is that Pete said they never felt he had committed to them.

There was a rumor that may or may not have any basis in reality that Desean was actually POd because Pete gave the number 1 to Patrick Turner not him. Who knows.

Rumors also flowed out of Cal that Desean was a problem in the locker room, but again, who knows what's true and what isn't.

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/nov/14 ... -jackson14

HansGruber

Reaction score
The homerism on this board is laughable at times.

Percy is tougher and more productive than DeSean Jackson? That's just straight up laughable. And just flat out WRONG.

Harvin has never had a 1000-yard season. Ever. Never caught more than 6 TDs. Career average of 11 YPC. Career total of 3300 yds and 20 TDs.

DeSean Jackson has put up more yards in 5 out of his 6 seasons in the NFL than Harvin has his entire career, has twice the career yardage and 32 career TDs, has missed 12 less games, has career 17.2 YPC, and flat out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic.

I can't even talk Harvin anymore on this forum because the homerism has reached levels of absurdism that I never even thought possible. I don't even know how someone claims to be an NFL fan making such a blatantly false, inaccurate, psychedelic drug induced comparison. It's a joke. And I think I'm done watching people sniff glue and embarrass themselves now.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":12zluhri said:

Percy is tougher and more productive than DeSean Jackson? That's just straight up laughable. And just flat out WRONG.

Harvin has never had a 1000-yard season. Ever. Never caught more than 6 TDs. Career average of 11 YPC. Career total of 3300 yds and 20 TDs.

DeSean Jackson has put up more yards in 5 out of his 6 seasons in the NFL than Harvin has his entire career, has twice the career yardage and 32 career TDs, has missed 12 less games, has career 17.2 YPC, and flat out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic.

I can't even talk Harvin anymore on this forum because the homerism has reached levels of absurdism that I never even thought possible. I don't even know how someone claims to be an NFL fan making such a blatantly false, inaccurate, psychedelic drug induced comparison. It's a joke. And I think I'm done watching people sniff glue and embarrass themselves now.
My advice? Then don't before you embarrass yourself beyond redemption.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":26mh8mj9 said:

Everybody, meet HansGruber when he looks at DeSean Jackson's stat sheet:

homer-drooling.png

Not saying Percy has been more productive, we're saying Percy Harvin is a better talent. Also, flat-out destroys Harvin in every possible statistic? You must be only looking at the stats you want to look at. Harvin's career stats absolutely SMOKE DeSean's for yards after the catch, missed tackles, % of passes caught, dropped balls, etc. Harvin is light years ahead of DeSean in those categories and it's not even remotely close, despite fewer passes caught. Hans, I am flat-out telling you to your face that you don't know what you're talking about and you are the one with rose-colored glasses, here.

Unbelievable.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
It shouldn't be one or the other. Lets just have both on the team

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":2wrfsx1m said:

Ha.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":2pkjx7xz said:

By the way I give a damn about the NFL I only care about the Seahawks so stop with the obvious trolling already.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":28yp6yk0 said:
pads are so small and light nowadays that is almost moot
It helps, but it's far from moot. Besides, guys sometimes have "overly great" combine days, and sometimes they have piss-poor combine days. Look at Percy's combine numbers then look at him on the field. You'd think they were literally two different guys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":21uzrv5r said:
It shouldn't be one or the other. Lets just have both on the team
Too expensive besides we need either a true vertical threat or a serious redzone target for Russell.

plyka

Reaction score
Smellyman":wi5cmt6h said:
plyka":wi5cmt6h said:
This is never going to happen because it would be an idiotic decision, and this superbowl winning front office rarely makes idiotic decisions.

1) The money is not there past next year. You could sign another 10m per year player, but that means that 1 of the big 3 could not stay on: Wilson, Earl or Sherm.
2) He doesn't fit this team. He is another 5'10'' guy. He is a poor man's Percy. Percy without the speed/quickness (we are speaking in relative terms here), without the toughness, without the ability to run from behind the line of scrimmage. For those saying Jackkson is better, I don't think you watch much football.
3) Draft picks are like gold around here. When you have all the young talent, then you need to keep it by paying your players, then suppliment the roster with later round draft picks.

So basically he is too expensive, redundant, and would cause problems long term. Basically there is 0% chance that this happens.

You maybe right in a straight line 40 yard speed. Quickness, explosiveness, especially taking into consideration size/power, it goes to Percy all day.

plyka

Reaction score
HansGruber":267suqon said:

It's obvious that you're a bit emotional on this topic. You must really love desean Jackson. Good stuff, we all have our favorites. But you need to get that Emotion out of your analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts