Russ = not ready?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
w00t":rcawfa53 said:
Uncle Si":rcawfa53 said:
w00t":rcawfa53 said:
He's garbage. He holds on the ball and will never give his WR's a chance to make a play.

are you just copy and pasting this from thread to thread now?

nope. just expressing that wilson is garbage today.That is all

You're right. That is all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2b3j8w1j said:
Russ hasn't been the same the last few seasons. He is off... same patterns, bad decisions, bad throws, running into sacks, missing open receivers.

Losing faith.
I already have and see no reason to pay him elite money for same old crap.
I wasn't always down on him for first few years because I thought he would have progressed
a lot more than I see today.DO NOT PAY FOR MORE OF SAME!

ducks41468

Reaction score
Cyrus12":39777kkq said:
ducks41468":39777kkq said:
Probably needs a different head coach at this point because it makes no sense for a QB to continue regressing.

On the bright side, we have Hundley so we're set for the long term

New coach might hold him accountable....

Or, maybe we could get a defense that doesn't give up 500 yards to Keenum and Lindsay. Maybe we could get a line that could actually block and replace Ifedi. Maybe we could get a real kicker. He's regressing because the rest of the team stinks and he's going down along with it. It's frankly a surprise we only lost by 3 given how awful everyone played. Look at what's going on in San Diego and NO, that's we have now.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It's that big ass helmet he wears now. Ever since he started using it his games been off.

Dark helmet angry

:sarcasm_off:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3q6er7tq said:
FlyingGreg":3q6er7tq said:
Russ hasn't been the same the last few seasons. He is off... same patterns, bad decisions, bad throws, running into sacks, missing open receivers.

Losing faith.
I already have and see no reason to pay him elite money for same old crap.
I wasn't always down on him for first few years because I thought he would have progressed
a lot more than I see today.DO NOT PAY FOR MORE OF SAME!

I’ll glad fans with extreme overreactions or biases don’t make front office decisions

w00t

Reaction score
just wait for the wilson homers lol gonna be sad..

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think he played particularly bad today outside of a few first quarter drives and the last drive of the game.

The defense sucked today, and that was the main issue. If you can't get off the field on 3rd down it's going to be a long day.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is what he is. I think he is limited compared to other QB's, but he makes up for it with his mobility. He never has been the kind of guy that executed timing passes to perfection, nor the type of guy that knew how to manipulate the pocket or throw his guys open. Wilson is able to be successful in this league because he is bar none the best passer outside of the pocket, and on the run. The gameplan to beat Russell has always been to keep in the pocket, and that is exactly what Denver did. That is why I've always said he needs to refine his game.

Despite Russell's flaws he is a good QB, but unfortunately he is an inconsistent QB, and I think he will always be one. Calling him trash is jumping the shark. Is he the best QB in the NFL? Certainly not. Is he replacement level? No, he is not.

hawk45

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":voh1es6g said:
Can he still not audible? I feel like he stares straight into a blitz and just takes it regardless.
His handling of the blitz today was easily the most disappointing aspect of his game for me. The corners were standing at the LOS and he just hoped for the best I guess because I didn't see audibles, hot reads, or anything other than a slow roll or running backwards.
I mean I'd be pissed at any vet QB but Wilson at his pay and expectation level flat out cannot execute those things that poorly. I've seen rookie QBs handle the blitz better.

Obviously I don't blame Ifedi whiffing on Wilson I'm just talking cb blitz.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3r585srv said:
Can he still not audible? I feel like he stares straight into a blitz and just takes it regardless.

Kind of hard to audible when you don't get the play until there is only 20 seconds on the play clock and then don't make it to the line until there is under 10 seconds. I thought this was among the Bevell issues, but with today's game it becomes pretty obvious that it must have something to do with procedures Pete mandates.

At any rate I saw Wilson go to audible several times today, realize there was under 5 seconds on the clock and then frantically call for the snap.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2rjpx12o said:
Russell Wilson is what he is. I think he is limited compared to other QB's, but he makes up for it with his mobility. He never has been the kind of guy that executed timing passes to perfection, nor the type of guy that knew how to manipulate the pocket or throw his guys open. Wilson is able to be successful in this league because he is bar none the best passer outside of the pocket, and on the run. The gameplan to beat Russell has always been to keep in the pocket, and that is exactly what Denver did. That is why I've always said he needs to refine his game.

Despite Russell's flaws he is a good QB, but unfortunately he is an inconsistent QB, and I think he will always be one. Calling him trash is jumping the shark. Is he the best QB in the NFL? Certainly not. Is he replacement level? No, he is not.
I like how you describe him here and it's pretty much spot on..
I don't think he is trash either but he is not elite nor worth a 30 something
a year..

rcaido

Reaction score
Wilson always struggles against tough D. He seem really uncomfortable all game long, even in the 4th which he excels. Ifedi really sucks, i blame that guy more then Russ. Baldwin going down in the first didn't help.

Not even close to his worse game.

mrt144

Reaction score
Didnt seem on the same page or cognizant of just how much trouble he was in.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Not ready? Well he should cause he is getting paid like an elite QB so I’m kinda expecting an elite QB to be ready !

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2eqrq4ba said:

If the game plan to beat Russell is to keep him in the pocket, then Denver must be depressed about their performance. Because despite no running game today he still had 3 Tds, and if I’m not mistaken 300 yards

Quarterbacks have bad games. As fans we need to judge Russell the same way we judge other QBs. Your reaction would be like Niners fans giving up on Jimmy G after a bad performance today. Objective analysts of the game believe he’s a top 5 Qb because...he is. Most QBs look average when you sack them 6 times

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rcaido":144xbb4k said:
Wilson always struggles against tough D. He seem really uncomfortable all game long, even in the 4th which he excels. Ifedi really sucks, i blame that guy more then Russ. Baldwin going down in the first didn't help.

Not even close to his worse game.
The main issue with Russ is that he was garbage against the blitz this game. The Broncos gameplan was obviously to contain him in the pocket, which they did a good job of. When this happens he needs to be able to switch gears, and understand that his improvisation skills aren't going to get him out of dodge. What needed to happen is audibles, and quick hit decisions. This part is 50-50 on Schottenheimer and Wilson.

I also am of the opinion that Russ doesn't look quite comfortable with the playbook. Schottenheimer's playbooks are notoriously complex. Schottenheimer is also trying to change up Wilson's game. He just looked very tentative out there today.

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":2ttvwyj1 said:
Steve2222":2ttvwyj1 said:
Russ has historically been bad on opening day. This was easily his best opening day performance

And that is unacceptable.

4x Pro Bowls, 2x Super Bowls and 1x Championship says it’s not been too bad.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ok, I've changed my mind.

I was pisT at Wilson, and still place a huge chunk of blame on him for this loss, but let's all take a step back.

This was his first game in a new system. He looked great in some of his 1st read throws, as usual. When he had to look off his primary read is when he looked bad.

Let's just give him some time, and he'll figure this out.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2m6lgsih said:
Ok, I've changed my mind.

I was pisT at Wilson, and still place a huge chunk of blame on him for this loss, but let's all take a step back.

This was his first game in a new system. He looked great in some of his 1st read throws, as usual. When he had to look off his primary read is when he looked bad.

Let's just give him some time, and he'll figure this out.
I dunno man... he flat out missed some gimmie throws, and was just floating balls out there. He was flat out awful today. His throw to Lockett was probably the highlight. Despite his stats I think this is probably one of the worst games i've seen from him. He looked a little like Tarvaris Jackson unfortunately. Very hesitant.

His statistics looked OKAY but I don't think they tell the entire story here.