Russ reexamining his entire routine

Ozzy

Reaction score
every star on that team has come out and defended him the past couple of weeks. I still argue that way too many Seahawks fans and the media in general believes Sherman’s BS and assumed it was everyone’s thoughts

Donn2390

Reaction score
every star on that team has come out and defended him the past couple of weeks. I still argue that way too many Seahawks fans and the media in general believes Sherman’s BS and assumed it was everyone’s thoughts
Those teammates rushing to his defense are employees of the Broncos and follow team orders. Bite your tongue, smile and say good things if you want to emerge from this disastrous situation we are in.
They need to put a positive spin on the entire situation to move foreword successfully. The truth will leak out, but for now play the game by the company rules and love Russ..!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Those teammates rushing to his defense are employees of the Broncos and follow team orders. Bite your tongue, smile and say good things if you want to emerge from this disastrous situation we are in.
They need to put a positive spin on the entire situation to move foreword successfully. The truth will leak out, but for now play the game by the company rules and love Russ..!
Nah lol you can tell it was genuine. Tons of examples of quarterbacks not being defended by their teammates. Russ works his ass off it’s baffling that as a fan base we forgot that and act like he’s trash. He’s been terrible this year and we benefited. I’ll root for that all day long but the other stuff is wild

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Nah lol you can tell it was genuine. Tons of examples of quarterbacks not being defended by their teammates. Russ works his ass off it’s baffling that as a fan base we forgot that and act like he’s trash. He’s been terrible this year and we benefited. I’ll root for that all day long but the other stuff is wild

You aren’t suspicious that they waited until now and that it was all at once?

Where were they when the media was bagging on him the other 17 weeks of the year?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Not every star. Their one pro bowl player has said nothing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No
You aren’t suspicious that they waited until now and that it was all at once?

Where were they when the media was bagging on him the other 17 weeks of the year?
Not really because they have defended him all year it just doesn’t get reported. I supply watch Denver post game stuff and they speak highly of his work ethic, him as a teammate etc. add to that that almost all his former teammates outside of Sherman and Baldwin say the same thing, cliff avril just defended him, KJ, DK, Lockett, Olsen etc they’ve all said a lot of what is being said is a little crazy. Some like KJ have criticized some of his decisions but he’s also said Wilson is the ultimate competitor who worked his ass off.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Some of the criticism is completely fair don’t get me wrong. I just think a lot of the character stuff is a little over the top. He’s a giant goofball but he was also unbelievable while here.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
No

Not really because they have defended him all year it just doesn’t get reported. I supply watch Denver post game stuff and they speak highly of his work ethic, him as a teammate etc. add to that that almost all his former teammates outside of Sherman and Baldwin say the same thing, cliff avril just defended him, KJ, DK, Lockett, Olsen etc they’ve all said a lot of what is being said is a little crazy. Some like KJ have criticized some of his decisions but he’s also said Wilson is the ultimate competitor who worked his ass off.

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you see. This week was clearly orchestrated and scripted to any non biased observer.

There's been plenty of smoke out of Denver that teammates aren't at all in love with Russ, but I also know that you see things through your lens
Youre one of the few people left defending him and we all see what we want to see so your interpretation, while likely flawed, is understandable

Russ is getting beat up like never before. I'm sure that even his overly inflated massive ego has a few chips in it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm seeing what you see. This week was clearly orchestrated and scripted to any non biased observer.

There's been plenty of smoke out of Denver that teammates aren't at all in love with Russ, but I also know that you see things through your lens
Youre one of the few people left defending him and we all see what we want to see so your interpretation, while likely flawed, is understandable

Russ is getting beat up like never before. I'm sure that even his overly inflated massive ego has a few chips in it.
I think everyone is looking through their lense. I just think the most likely option is trusting what we actually see and not “reports people aren’t happy” while these people keep coming out defending him. I can find two critical voices that’s it, if he’s as bad as everyone says why aren’t we seeing more? Why aren’t teammates from last year killing him now that he isn’t a teammate yet we see none outside of Sherman.

I don’t doubt some players think he’s a corny or goofy. But I would also argue almost every player in the league has people who don’t like him and Russ is no different

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think everyone is looking through their lense. I just think the most likely option is trusting what we actually see and not “reports people aren’t happy” while these people keep coming out defending him. I can find two critical voices that’s it, if he’s as bad as everyone says why aren’t we seeing more? Why aren’t teammates from last year killing him now that he isn’t a teammate yet we see none outside of Sherman.

I don’t doubt some players think he’s a corny or goofy. But I would also argue almost every player in the league has people who don’t like him and Russ is no different
These are solid takes. I, for one, appreciate the differing perspective. My "lens" has been tribal and antagonistically anti Russ as we have been bombarded by bizarre Russ media all year long.

I think I agree with the pack that all this public and visible defense of Russ all of sudden seems rather suspect the week after NH is canned. I saw Jeudy defending Russ's office because he "works so hard". Mmmmm Yaaaaa. I'm not buying any NFL player supporting one of their contemporaries having his own office, especially one who is statistically one of the worst QB's in the league.

Hopefully this thread can be a throwback to the ole' .Net days. When two takes have different but reasonable opinions, creating respectful debate without fierce tribal polarization. Too much of that trash in society right now, so it would be refreshing way to start 2023.

All that said... GO CHIEFS

Ozzy

Reaction score
These are solid takes. I, for one, appreciate the differing perspective. My "lens" has been tribal and antagonistically anti Russ as we have been bombarded by bizarre Russ media all year long.

I think I agree with the pack that all this public and visible defense of Russ all of sudden seems rather suspect the week after NH is canned. I saw Jeudy defending Russ's office because he "works so hard". Mmmmm Yaaaaa. I'm not buying any NFL player supporting one of their contemporaries having his own office, especially one who is statistically one of the worst QB's in the league.

Hopefully this thread can be a throwback to the ole' .Net days. When two takes have different but reasonable opinions, creating respectful debate without fierce tribal polarization. Too much of that trash in society right now, so it would be refreshing way to start 2023.

All that said... GO CHIEFS
Agree 100%. I think the other side of this debate is completely reasonable and I respect it. It’s all in fun!

Let’s go Chiefs!

5thgen

Reaction score

strohmin

Reaction score
Yeah, he's been playing better today than I expected.
Yeah he's actually making quicker decisions and quicker throws. Too bad it took him almost a full horrible season to play within the system. He could have done this in Seattle.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No way. The dons are leading in the third against kc. Puts a severe rift in the new Bosa or Mahomes being drafted by us

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yeah he's actually making quicker decisions and quicker throws. Too bad it took him almost a full horrible season to play within the system. He could have done this in Seattle.

What? He did do this in Seattle. He would have a few great games here and there, but also many games where he held the ball and took sack after sack.

This is who Russ is. It's nothing new or surprising. Denver fans will ooh and ahh after today. Next week, they'll be screaming when he holds on to the ball and takes unnecessary sacks.

Msfann

Reaction score
KC appears to be mailing it in today.