Russ reexamining his entire routine

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
An almost perfect analogy!
I've never been through it - but 100% agree with you! Perfect description of the hatred level.

Let the Donks double down on him. Should be amusing. GM already thinks Russ can be fixed! OMG - so funny.

Jac

Reaction score
He should, and it may help. But this script is close to being written. The Broncos thought they were a QB away, and this/next year were going to be important for the trade (i.e., the time to put together a run while the rest of the team is 'built'). As we all know, he's going to be 35 next year. Time is slipping away from him/them.

chrispy

Reaction score
If "re-examining his routine" means focusing on practice, tape, fitness..., I'd anticipate yes. If it means ignoring his social media and hired "yes" men, .....uh ...no.

He can't get worse so there's literally no risk in predicting improvement.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Yep I’ve been divorced and I do get it. I just think there is enough there to revel in without the need to go overboard with the hate. I agree with your last point, I root for Denver to lose every single week and I’m pumped that we’re going to get rewarded for their failures

As fans, we want players to do things the right way, respect the team/fans/city and not be (or appear) selfish

In his final years, he violated all of these things-taking shots at the team and his teammates. Playing selfish to the detriment of the team. Making things about him with his team3 circus, his agent, etc

We feel vindicated that Karma bit him in the butt. There is a poetic justice to what happened to him this year and as fans we hope that other players take notice before becoming divas themselves

That's my .10 psychologist's take on it anyway haha

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's obvious that you have never been divorced or you would understand the bitterness of finding out you had been lied to and made a fool of for some time.
"I will always love you and never leave you" and then you find out they were having an affair with your most hated enemy.. and laughing at you behind your back, yes, it gets bitter. Unrequited love..
He didn't leave on the best of terms and fans feel like he made a fool of them. It will all be over after one more game, by next year Russ will have been forgotten by the masses and possibly even by Walmart..!? This year it is gratifying to not only see him fail, but to benefit greatly by his failure, a definite Win Win..!
I've been divorced, and part of it was due to infidelity, so I get what you're saying and agree with your analogy.

However, there comes a period of time where you have to put those emotions behind you and learn to co-exist by taking into consideration the good times of the marriage, in my case, a child that we had who turned out to be absolutely fantastic. I haven't forgotten the hurt or forgiven my ex, but I've made peace with it and with her. I'm not going to let myself be consumed by hate.

With Russell, he flat out lied to his fan base and I don't like at all how he left. I don't blame anyone for booing him or rooting for him to fail as there's plenty of justification or it. But for me, I try to focus on the good Russell, the one that took the football world by storm and was an integral part of the best period of Seahawk football we've ever had. Except as it relates to those draft picks, I do not wish him ill and will cheer him when he's inducted into our ROH.

Throwdown

Reaction score

keasley45

Reaction score
No

Not really because they have defended him all year it just doesn’t get reported. I supply watch Denver post game stuff and they speak highly of his work ethic, him as a teammate etc. add to that that almost all his former teammates outside of Sherman and Baldwin say the same thing, cliff avril just defended him, KJ, DK, Lockett, Olsen etc they’ve all said a lot of what is being said is a little crazy. Some like KJ have criticized some of his decisions but he’s also said Wilson is the ultimate competitor who worked his ass off.
I'm just no clear what it was he was working his ass off doing everyday at the building at 5am when in year 10, he can't make simple reads. And you can bet his teammates wonder the same thing.

It's all well and good that teammates of his now are rallying to him. He's a good dude. He's God fearing. He's positive. He's supportive. So even when he struggles, in the end when the dust settles, he's easy to root for.

But let the bullets start flying again in 23 and him miss wide open wrs all over the field, be a big part of the reason one of the better defensive performances by a team in the last 10 years was squandered, and oh, btw, be THE reason the team is rudderless in terms of being able to acquire new talent ( and had to trade their best player on D) to fix the mess and it will once again be a sh!t show.

They will 100% support him because they NEED him to play well next year.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yeah, Mike Florio had a theory about that. The timing makes it really dubious, that it might have been orchestrated by the Broncos mgt. to help in their HC search:

After months of silence, Broncos players rush to Russell Wilson’s defense

Something weird is happening in Denver.

That statement would be true pretty much every week of a wild and wacky 2022 season. The current nuttiness comes from a sudden effort by multiple Broncos players to rush to the public defense of quarterback Russell Wilson.

From receiver Jerry Jeudy to receiver K.J. Hamler to receiver Kendall Hinton to receiver Tim Patrick to receiver Courtland Sutton to offensive lineman Garrett Bolles to former Broncos running back Melvin Gordon, players suddenly — and supposedly organically — are pushing back against the criticism of Wilson. The catalyst seems to be recent remarks from former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe, who said the Wilson’s perceived better-than-the-rest-of-you attitude has teammates “seething.”

Frankly, the fact that some have spoken out doesn’t mean the rest of them feel the same way. Sharpe surely wasn’t pulling his thoughts out of thin air; it’s possible that plenty are saying nothing at all because they have nothing good to say.

Besides, Sharpe isn’t the first one to rip Wilson this year. Why is the pushback only happening now?

It feels orchestrated and contrived. With Wilson going nowhere in 2023, it could be part of a broader effort to create the impression to coaching candidates that the team isn’t one giant ball of oily dysfunction.

The more together the players seem to be, the more likely they are to land a good coach. In contrast, the messier things seem in the locker room, the more likely a coach with options will opt to go elsewhere.

It’s perhaps the only plausible explanation for this sudden, simultaneous effort to support a player who has been embattled for months.

Bingo

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’d argue he’s going to rebound in a big way and a lot of people who killed him are going to be silent. It’s odd that as soon as Hackett left and they got some pieces back he started playing better? He won’t be a year in and year out too 3 guy like he was for a decade but he will be good again and I’m rooting for him because I do think he’s a good dude.

keasley45

Reaction score
Dude has to say he's going tear himself down and rebuild because he has no choice. No news here.

What does hubby do when he gets caught in the neighbors bed? Profess his love for his wife and swear he will be a new man and do everything different.

Just like cheating hubby, Russ knew he was flawed before he got caught banging 'Lose-y' . To say he's just NOW figuring out he needs to fix himself is pretty pathetic.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If folks can't see the fire through that smoke...
Like I said we will see. I think he bounces back. I seriaouiy doubt we see what we saw for most of the year. If I’m a broncos fan I’m at least a little optimistic at what we saw late in the year. It’s not physical so that’s a plus. His touchdown to Jeudy is a play that only a couple of guys in the league can make

Cyrus12

Reaction score

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it pass Russ that he didn't really put himself into this season for a reason.

He's looking to be the hero. That's his MO.

What better way to be the hero than to initially tank and whoa... surprisingly... next year he comes in and saves the day.

HERE HE COMES TO SAVE THE DAY... MIGHTY MOUSE IS ON HIS WAY

chris98251

Reaction score
We will know when they hire a coach and what that coaches salary ends up being to pacify Mr Eliminated.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score