Russ reexamining his entire routine

Ozzy

Reaction score
I saw 3 players defend him two-WR's one-OL thats it.
It’s more than the number speaking out against him though right? I guess I don’t get this scorned fascination with wanting Wilson to be evil, a terrible guy or whatever. People seem hellbent on trying to will it true. He worked his ass off for ten years now I’m supposed to believe in one year he’s selfish, lazy, doesn’t work at it etc? Nah. Again I fully get wanting him to suck for draft picks, leaving etc I just think some of the character assasination stuff is exaggerated. Maybe I’m wrong and he’s the worst I don’t know. Point remains I can list a dozen people who have come out to defend him to every 1 who’s been negative

Donn2390

Reaction score
It’s more than the number speaking out against him though right? I guess I don’t get this scorned fascination with wanting Wilson to be evil, a terrible guy or whatever. People seem hellbent on trying to will it true. He worked his ass off for ten years now I’m supposed to believe in one year he’s selfish, lazy, doesn’t work at it etc? Nah. Again I fully get wanting him to suck for draft picks, leaving etc I just think some of the character assasination stuff is exaggerated. Maybe I’m wrong and he’s the worst I don’t know. Point remains I can list a dozen people who have come out to defend him to every 1 who’s been negative
It's obvious that you have never been divorced or you would understand the bitterness of finding out you had been lied to and made a fool of for some time.
"I will always love you and never leave you" and then you find out they were having an affair with your most hated enemy.. and laughing at you behind your back, yes, it gets bitter. Unrequited love..
He didn't leave on the best of terms and fans feel like he made a fool of them. It will all be over after one more game, by next year Russ will have been forgotten by the masses and possibly even by Walmart..!? This year it is gratifying to not only see him fail, but to benefit greatly by his failure, a definite Win Win..!

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's obvious that you have never been divorced or you would understand the bitterness of finding out you had been lied to and made a fool of for some time.
"I will always love you and never leave you" and then you find out they were having an affair with your most hated enemy.. and laughing at you behind your back, yes, it gets bitter. Unrequited love..
He didn't leave on the best of terms and fans feel like he made a fool of them. It will all be over after one more game, by next year Russ will have been forgotten by the masses and possibly even by Walmart..!? This year it is gratifying to not only see him fail, but to benefit greatly by his failure, a definite Win Win..!
Yep I’ve been divorced and I do get it. I just think there is enough there to revel in without the need to go overboard with the hate. I agree with your last point, I root for Denver to lose every single week and I’m pumped that we’re going to get rewarded for their failures

renofox

Reaction score
An almost perfect analogy!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Right but at the same time 3 guys is not the team,your not the only one who got
this notion.
I had to point this out because his team3 will put out anything to make it look one
way.

chrispy

Reaction score
This is gonna get interesting.........

Torc

Reaction score
Teammates tweeting in support of Russ is one thing. Teammates yelling at him on the sidelines, or smashing their helmets into the ground when Russ makes a bad read is something else. I think their true thoughts are on the surface more in the heat of the moment.

I don't doubt Russ' work ethic for a second, and I think it's the one thing that just might let him recover from this year. But I think his teammates kind of have to support him, especially his receivers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's a dead horse to me and after years of agony in watching him abuse the crap
out of the QB postion,I got ONE more game of that clown.
Then it's finally over!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Russ separated himself from this team some time before he left. That's when he lost me. Now he's just another guy on some other team. The only time I will worry myself with him is if he is playing against us. Players come and players go, it takes a TEAM to win.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm guessing there was a meeting where the brass said, "look, we're married to Russ for 3 more years. We cleaned house on the coaching staff, but that only going to get us the benefit of the doubt once. We needs you players to really sell Russ and this program to the media, fans, and NFL. Otherwise, we're not going to be able to get quality coaches or FA to come here and you're all going to be stuck on this bottom-feeder team for the next three years of your career with no hope in sight. Capice?"

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
heh. :p

so anyway, with the seahawks he did his own thing on offense and was completely catered to, he stopped perfecting his craft and became all about me3 and the brand, with the hawks he demanded player personnel control, wanted pete out, then he forced himself to denver, brought his entourage with him, got his own office at the team facility, bought the most expensive house in denver, created "broncos country, let's ride", starred in cringe commercials that got cancelled, showed up visibly overweight, got boo'd and exposed in seattle on mnf, had the worst season of any starting qb, after losses was still saying "let's ride", eventually got the coach fired for his horrendous play, then some teammates "stick up for him" after not helping him up and calling him out for bs during the season, he cries at a podium after another loss... and you all feel remorseful.

you allow yourself to be collateral damage of a vulnerable narcissist.

not me. a spade is a spade.

will he perform better next season? i would assume so. he can't be worse than how he played this season. the next coach will have to cater to wilson and gameplan with the understanding wilson is there as the qb until atleast 2026.

Last edited:

LastRideOut

Reaction score
heh. :p

so anyway, with the seahawks he did his own thing on offense and was completely catered to, he stopped perfecting his craft and became all about me3 and the brand, with the hawks he demanded player personnel control, wanted pete out, then he forced himself to denver, brought his entourage with him, got his own office at the team facility, bought the most expensive house in denver, created "broncos country, let's ride", starred in cringe commercials that got cancelled, showed up visibly overweight, got boo'd and exposed in seattle on mnf, had the worst season of any starting qb, after losses was still saying "let's ride", eventually got the coach fired for his horrendous play, then some teammates "stick up for him" after not helping him up and calling him out for bs during the season, he cries at a podium after another loss... and you all feel remorseful.

you allow yourself to be collateral damage of a vulnerable narcissist.

not me. a spade is a spade.

will he perform better next season? i would assume so. he can't be worse than how he played this season. the next coach will have to cater to wilson and gameplan with the understanding wilson is there as the qb until atleast 2026.
Wow. Well said.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
What's the issue? Any competent professional should reevaluate their process when things are not working.
It's notable because hitherto, Russ has been more inclined to speak in platitudes when things aren't going well, rather than discuss shortcomings in his game (missing wide open recievers, holding the ball too long and taking sacks, rolling directly into sacks, feeling pressure when there is none, waiting for long developing plays on 3rd or 4th short yardage situations) that need to be addressed. He would rather deflect by speaking in platitudes. It avoids an open and honest discussion between himself, the press, and his coaches.

It now appears that Russ has had some sort of epiphany, and understands that his job and reputation are in real danger, which was never the case here in Seattle.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm guessing there was a meeting where the brass said, "look, we're married to Russ for 3 more years. We cleaned house on the coaching staff, but that only going to get us the benefit of the doubt once. We needs you players to really sell Russ and this program to the media, fans, and NFL. Otherwise, we're not going to be able to get quality coaches or FA to come here and you're all going to be stuck on this bottom-feeder team for the next three years of your career with no hope in sight. Capice?"
That's exactly what Mike Florio is theorizing. I'm not sure that I'm buying into it as it would have to be a well-kept secret because if word got out that the players were making statements at the behest of management, it would be worse than having let things take their natural course. But if it's true, it would explain a lit.