RW3's legacy

schkoot

Reaction score
It is a stupid argument in your opinion but it is a fact the Seahawks were 7-9 before Russell Wilson became the QB (under Pete Carroll). Whether you think it’s stupid doesn’t change the facts. In 2010 they finished 7-9 and in 2011 again 7-9 (this with Lynch and LOB). However in Russell’s rookie season they finished 11-5 and went to the divisional round of the playoffs. It wasn’t only Russell who is reason for the improvement but he was one of the reasons among many including PC/JS, LOB, Lynch, Miller, ADB, etc.
None of that really accounts for T Jack not being very good.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but it’s true.

NoGain

Reaction score
I have to say that it sure does look like RW's career as a starting QB is rapidly nearing the end. I have a hard time seeing any team wanting him as their starting QB after this year. I could see some playoff team getting in a jam and possibly finding a financially feasible way to bring him in as a stopgap, but not as any kind of extended solution to their QB needs. Why would any team bank on him now as their starting QB? Why not just attempt to groom a younger and taller QB for their future?

What a quick fall off a cliff for him.

toffee

Reaction score
I have to say that it sure does look like RW's career as a starting QB is rapidly nearing the end. I have a hard time seeing any team wanting him as their starting QB after this year. I could see some playoff team getting in a jam and possibly finding a financially feasible way to bring him in as a stopgap, but not as any kind of extended solution to their QB needs. Why would any team bank on him now as their starting QB? Why not just attempt to groom a younger and taller QB for their future?

What a quick fall off a cliff for him.
If Bevell, Schotty, Waldron, Hackett and Payton ever sat together have a drink in front of a fireplace, they would group hug and chant "F*** YOU RUSSELL WILSON".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
does anyone know if John ever posts on the broncos fan forum anymore? I forgot his username over there

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I jumped off the Wilson wagon when I felt that he's all about Wilson Inc., and nothing else.

I jumped off after the GB game in his last year here. That's when I realized Russ was in it for himself and not the team. I know, I was late by several years. Some on here saw the writing on the wall after the 2nd half of the '20 season.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I jumped off after the GB game in his last year here. That's when I realized Russ was in it for himself and not the team. I know, I was late by several years. Some on here saw the writing on the wall after the 2nd half of the '20 season.
I felt done with him after that game as well. Then that loss to Nick Foles & the Bears sealed it.

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, I wonder out loud if the Jets will trade Zach Wilson for Russell Wilson? Second thought, no they won't. They have Hackett, he wouldn't allow that to happen.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I love me3 eating L's . It couldn't happen to a nicer person. I can't wait to watch his
after loss pressor where he'll name 5-10 people and how they were "battling" and
the season is a 15 round fight or something like that. Gonna be good
Wilson I have to admit his doing great for himself… Last three seasons, he’s really been competitively dedicated and focused on farming all the experience he needs to fill up on to unlock the L in his real Legacy, after he quickly unlocked all his other passive abilities.

Loser,
Egomaniac,
Gas-Lighter,
Asshole,
Cancer, (Cringey, Corny, Ciara),
Yeehaw, Lets Ride.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Pete C is a Flippin magician for what he did with Russ. But the cost was too high. Stripping away the LOB, letting guys like ADB spend the prime years of their careers doing 'scramble ' drills instead of running real offense. Throwing drafts out the window to avoid ultra competitive players who'd likely not tolerate Wilson, as the LOB didn't....

Pissing away a 2nd championship and maybe more, to work with (around) Wilson's shortcomings.

strohmin

Reaction score
Pete C is a Flippin magician for what he did with Russ. But the cost was too high. Stripping away the LOB, letting guys like ADB spend the prime years of their careers doing 'scramble ' drills instead of running real offense. Throwing drafts out the window to avoid ultra competitive players who'd likely not tolerate Wilson, as the LOB didn't....

Pissing away a 2nd championship and maybe more, to work with (around) Wilson's shortcomings.
Thinking about thus infuriates me. Pete really needs to win a superbowl to forger about the playcall.

Latest posts