OP
OP
N

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":84l2on5c said:
NorthDallas40oz":84l2on5c said:
Smelly McUgly":84l2on5c said:
I doubt he comes here. We don't throw the ball enough to put up big numbers on a one-year prove it deal.
Beggars can't be choosers. Britt isn't exactly rolling around naked on a pile of contract offers.

Yeah, but he is rolling around in enough to have choices: NE, WAS, CAR (who is probably desperate enough to pay me to play WR at this point) all will throw the ball more often than we do.
Making visits is not the same as having choices. He has no contract offers on the table right now. And besides, it's not like Seattle is the purgatory of the NFL for WR's. Britt is an 'X' and Golden Tate just parlayed his time as an 'X' here into a pretty hefty payday, while Baldwin and Kearse are further evidence of Seattle's ability to develop it's young WR's. You're making it sound like its tantamount to a QB going to Oakland.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2zk0d2dr said:
I doubt he comes here. We don't throw the ball enough to put up big numbers on a one-year prove it deal.
Hawkalypse":2zk0d2dr said:
He wouldn't be bad here but, as stated earlier, he's likely not to have a 'come back' season stat-wise with our offense.
Tate didn't have typical high-stat seasons here, but that didn't keep the Lions or anyone else from seeing how good he is.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hmm I am seeing a theme, we will not spend the money, and despite being SB winner it appears very few people want to come here, or if they do they leave. Hmmm

we need to improve the 0-line and WR, HMMM

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're not gonna spend bookoo loot on anyone unless they're our own. Y'all were told this offseason was about retention.

If Britt comes here, it'll be a cheap Braylon Edwards deal and offensive linemen are getting PAID this offseason, this probably won't happen til the draft.

theascension

Reaction score
Anthony!":k5253317 said:
Hmm I am seeing a theme, we will not spend the money, and despite being SB winner it appears very few people want to come here, or if they do they leave. Hmmm

We won't spend the money because even with our loss of backups and Tate we still have better depth and a better team for next year. We don't need anyone and are only looking for a cheap FA deal that works for us. Lots of teams are panicking and going crazy risking their future with massive contracts on mediocre players, that's fine by me.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Tate also has:

- Clear value on special teams

- A Super Bowl ring, which teams notoriously overpay for (see NYG giving lots of money to Schofield before regretting it)

Britt has neither of those things.

And no, I'm not talking like we're Oakland, so let's get the ridiculous strawmen out of the way. I'm talking like a person that recognizes that it will likely be easier for a talent like Britt to showcase himself in a more pass-heavy offense, which is only common sense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Redskins will sign him, Griffin will be stumping for him and Britt will have looser reins in Washington which he will prefer.

drdiags

Reaction score
ivotuk":r92o1cbu said:
Redskins will sign him, Griffin will be stumping for him and Britt will have looser reins in Washington which he will prefer.

I thought the Skins just signed a WR to go along with Garcon, as well as bring back grandpa S Moss?

EDIT: Andre Roberts was the name I was trying to remember. Probably doesn't preclude them to go after Britt since Roberts is more of a slot WR.

bigcc

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3moyvjid said:
I wouldn't put one cent of guaranteed money in his pocket and I'm sure some silly team will but not us. BUST!!!! Elite talent with a ten cent head.

People said the same thing about Marshawn Lynch

HawkWow

Reaction score
Over the past 5 years, he's tried to outrun the cops, drove carelessly, resisted arrest and wouldn't cooperate with the cops after taking his stabbed bro to the hospital. I've had weekends far worse than that.

He might just need to do some growing up. Difficulty in trying to generate a nice contract may help expedite that process for him. We all know Pete still has that college rah rah rah thing going...and recruiting / coaching for USC, I'm sure he can relate to such kids. ; )

I'd definitely be receptive to the signing if Pete thought he could make it work. Total physical specimen with good wheels and strong as hell.

ErikG803

Reaction score
This might be the most exciting signing we could make, in my eyes. I'm probably greatly overvaluing the idea that he could regain his old form, but it would be awesome seeing Russ go deep to a fully focused Britt

PascoHawk

Reaction score
I love the idea of Britt on a cheap one year deal. He can ball when healthy.

plyka

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":3phiqqaj said:
It was also reported that James Jones considered us before signing in Oakland. Seems like we really want/need a Tate replacement.

I really don't think so. The front office isn't going to quibble over $13m Gauranteed, which is what Tate received. It could have been a 7 year deal for $150 million, but with $13m guaranteed, that's what the deal is. It is literally a 2 year $13m deal. If they thought Tate was this important, they would have kept him. They are looking for CHEAP talent, and are looking under every rock. They brought over a WR from Canada also.

Anthony!":3phiqqaj said:

I always think that it must be extremely easy to be a great NFL front office and make great drafting decisions and free agency decisions. Then I read this and realize that it's not easy and 99% of fans would fail horribly.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theascension":1c06vqqs said:
Anthony!":1c06vqqs said:

We won't spend the money because even with our loss of backups and Tate we still have better depth and a better team for next year. We don't need anyone and are only looking for a cheap FA deal that works for us. Lots of teams are panicking and going crazy risking their future with massive contracts on mediocre players, that's fine by me.

Yes what good will saving all that money do if our Franchise QB is hurt? Answer none. Hate to tell you we are not better than last year, as of now we are at best equal and you could argue since we still have not addressed our weakest link, ie o-line, then we cannot be better.