Schefter: Hawks have interest in WR Kenny Britt

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
+1 ^^^

I agree. If anything we are worse. We are minus a proven WR and Sidney is gone. On D, we have lost 2 starting-quality corners as well as 2 very-good DE's. Seeing as how we haven't signed any replacements, how in the world are we better than last year? I fully acknowledge that we still have the rest of FA and the draft, but at this point let's call it what it is. Our depth on the DL consists of unproven players coming off of various injuries. Not much left at CB after Lane, and we will really be hurting if the FS OR SS go down. The rotational depth on the DL will definitely be worse -at least until the youngsters get more reps- if it stays as is. Everybody has their optimistic, preseason feel good reasons for why Hill, Williams, Scruggs, Mayowa etc. will tear it up, but we have no regular-season body of evidence on these guys. Further, most of that group hasn't proven they can stay healthy.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Anthony!":2159j65y said:
theascension":2159j65y said:
Anthony!":2159j65y said:
Hmm I am seeing a theme, we will not spend the money, and despite being SB winner it appears very few people want to come here, or if they do they leave. Hmmm

we need to improve the 0-line and WR, HMMM
We won't spend the money because even with our loss of backups and Tate we still have better depth and a better team for next year. We don't need anyone and are only looking for a cheap FA deal that works for us. Lots of teams are panicking and going crazy risking their future with massive contracts on mediocre players, that's fine by me.

Yes what good will saving all that money do if our Franchise QB is hurt? Answer none. Hate to tell you we are not better than last year, as of now we are at best equal and you could argue since we still have not addressed our weakest link, ie o-line, then we cannot be better.

I don't know man, the only decent offensive linemen we had are still had are still here. If Percy Harvin is healthy all year we could probably roll out the players we have without adding anyone else and make a Superbowl run.

bigcc

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2iusk6pv said:
+1 ^^^

I agree. If anything we are worse. We are minus a proven WR and Sidney is gone. On D, we have lost 2 starting-quality corners as well as 2 very-good DE's. Seeing as how we haven't signed any replacements, how in the world are we better than last year? I fully acknowledge that we still have the rest of FA and the draft, but at this point let's call it what it is. Our depth on the DL consists of unproven players coming off of various injuries. Not much left at CB after Lane, and we will really be hurting if the FS OR SS go down. The rotational depth on the DL will definitely be worse -at least until the youngsters get more reps- if it stays as is. Everybody has their optimistic, preseason feel good reasons for why Hill, Williams, Scruggs, Mayowa etc. will tear it up, but we have no regular-season body of evidence on these guys. Further, most of that group hasn't proven they can stay healthy.

We're one of the youngest teams in the NFL, another TC together, Harvin back, and still a full draft class coming. I'll agree on FS at this point, but I've liked what I've seen from Jeron Johnson. Plus we've added a 3rd TE who is actually somewhat of a receiving threat.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
bigcc":2wu3cb13 said:
HawKnPeppa":2wu3cb13 said:
+1 ^^^

We're one of the youngest teams in the NFL, another TC together, Harvin back, and still a full draft class coming. I'll agree on FS at this point, but I've liked what I've seen from Jeron Johnson. Plus we've added a 3rd TE who is actually somewhat of a receiving threat.
I really don't understand why people keep saying we "have harvin back".

When we traded for Harvin we "got Harvin" and yet that turned out to be one regular season game and 2 playoff games. He managed to only play one game without getting hurt.

Remember all the different injuries for Rice? Every time, people would say "we get a healthy Rice back" but it only took a matter of weeks or a few months for him to be injured again.

If you expect more than 5 games from Harvin this season then you will probably be disappointed.....again.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Anthony!":1slo298i said:
theascension":1slo298i said:
Anthony!":1slo298i said:
Hmm I am seeing a theme, we will not spend the money, and despite being SB winner it appears very few people want to come here, or if they do they leave. Hmmm

we need to improve the 0-line and WR, HMMM
We won't spend the money because even with our loss of backups and Tate we still have better depth and a better team for next year. We don't need anyone and are only looking for a cheap FA deal that works for us. Lots of teams are panicking and going crazy risking their future with massive contracts on mediocre players, that's fine by me.

Yes what good will saving all that money do if our Franchise QB is hurt? Answer none. Hate to tell you we are not better than last year, as of now we are at best equal and you could argue since we still have not addressed our weakest link, ie o-line, then we cannot be better.

So let me ask you, are you willing to spend the money on a fat boy and then risk losing Thomas, Sherman, or Wagner?

The draft hasn't even happened yet and some of you are really getting worked up over something that isn't even an issue yet. If after the draft and we're sitting there having not taken an offensive lineman then your concerns are something, until then I'm not understanding the point of getting worked up that they haven't brought in someone.

Just who the hell are you guys wanting to bring in that would be impactful and not risk losing a key cog in this machine?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is zero guarantee that any available FA OLine player will be better than what we have. The only thing guaranteed about any OL players still available is they will be expensive. The draft offers a deeper pool of less expensive but more raw talent. Let's show some patience on the OLine.

The team presently needs to look for the misfits, underachievers with huge potential and continue to comb for the diamonds in the rough and pay them to prove themselves here. If Britt can grow up he might be an interesting addition.

I see Britt as a reclamation project here and not as a star, but he has played well at times and knows how to play in the NFL. Committed, focused, dedicated and sober he could be an exceptional add. It's not as if he's had very good or consistent QB play to help his game in Tenn., he has talent but has never been a a genuine star yet.

I'd rather have Melton and draft a big WR. Price is everything.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Britt can play, shoot, maybe a 1 year "prove it" deal. if his attitude sucks, PC will send him packing, and won't hesitate.

getnasty

Reaction score
Even though Britt won't sign here, we might be the best fit for him. You think about our locker room, our QB and our head coach. If the dude can't make it here, he isn't going to make it anywhere.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1z3zjykr said:
bigcc":1z3zjykr said:
HawKnPeppa":1z3zjykr said:
+1 ^^^

When we traded for Harvin we "got Harvin" and yet that turned out to be one regular season game and 2 playoff games. He managed to only play one game without getting hurt.

Remember all the different injuries for Rice? Every time, people would say "we get a healthy Rice back" but it only took a matter of weeks or a few months for him to be injured again.

If you expect more than 5 games from Harvin this season then you will probably be disappointed.....again.

5 games huh?

Brilliant

are Hawks fans perpetual downers? Is there any sense of reality or rationality in this fan base that doesnt come with a stick in the a--?

We've lost a WR who wanted way more than a run first team wanted to pay him. He was not our most productive WR. We have shown the ability to get WRs equal to him. And... Harvin will easily replace Tate's productivity, even if for 5 games.

We've lost two aging D linemen. Weve freed enough cap space to replace them. We have young talent ready to step into their place. We also rid ourselves of two corner backs with issues that threatened to distract the team. Other players stepped in to their role and won a Super Bowl.

Signing/Keeping any to all of those players to the contracts they wanted means you lose Sherman, Thomas, Wilson, etc. in the next couple years. Is that what you want?

its chess not checkers... or its real life not Madden 14

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":37q10tf0 said:
bigcc":37q10tf0 said:
HawKnPeppa":37q10tf0 said:
+1 ^^^

You saw that the milk was WAY expired this morning, totally sour, and you drank it anyway, didn't you?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bjornanderson21":3lydj0d9 said:

Yes, when the Saints took multiple shots at his head, it really re-aggravated his hip injury, which to that point was healed. I mean, come on. The guy should have a harder head than that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I didnt read all the posts but Hass raved about this guys ability when he was in Tenn. We have a locker room that is probably fairly close to unrivaled as far as unity. Id bring him in and Lendale White him if thats what was neccesary.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jlky9lo said:
<snip> If after the draft and we're sitting there having not taken an offensive lineman then your concerns are something, until then I'm not understanding the point of getting worked up that they haven't brought in someone? <snip>
It's going to get interesting in here if the Seahawks use their 1st round pick on ASJ instead of David Yankey or some other OL. :p

Back to Britt: I agree with what Jammer is saying. He is a reclamation project, but if he's coachable, in the Hawks system, he will be a impact player with us. I hope they give him the chance, because despite his past, he's a unique athlete.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bring him in on a big salary but no guarantees. Let him battle it out for a spot and if he wins we will have a very good WR. Low risk high reward. But he won't come as cheap as people think. He will want some money

Natethegreat

Reaction score
bigcc":20vony3t said:
Natethegreat":20vony3t said:
I wouldn't put one cent of guaranteed money in his pocket and I'm sure some silly team will but not us. BUST!!!! Elite talent with a ten cent head.

People said the same thing about Marshawn Lynch
Not even comparable.