Seahawk Cuts

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":38mxys1b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/640257471949377536[/tweet]

Yaaaaasssssssssss.

This was expected . . . both players were likely to make the roster. Congrats to both!
:thirishdrinkers:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I didn't expect BJ Daniels to make it. I thought Kevin Smith had shown a lot more but whatever. Chris Matthews apparently didn't have to prove much either. They obviously have some packages they want to use him in.

Rob12

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3qoh053p said:
Rob12":3qoh053p said:
Cutting Kasen is going to be a huge mistake. And kiss the practice squad goodbye because he'll get scooped up.
Let's dial that back in.... he wasn't drafted by anyone for a reason. He's a project with fringe ability.

Fringe? No. He was one of the best receivers in the country when he signed with the Dub. His career there got off to a good start before injuries derailed his career. When I see him out there, he does not look like a fringe guy at all.

I am a Wazzu fan, too. But I think you should take your own advice and dial it in... He absolutely would have been drafted had his injuries not played such a big part. If he's truly healthy, this is a cut that we will regret.

Rob12

Reaction score
andyh64000":1eydwzw8 said:
Rob12":1eydwzw8 said:
Cutting Kasen is going to be a huge mistake. And kiss the practice squad goodbye because he'll get scooped up.

Huge mistake? I would have liked to see him get a shot but it isn't like he was Odell Beckham.

We'll see. Maybe 'huge mistake' is a minor overreaction... I just love his size and his skills at the position. If he's healthy he will have a very good NFL career.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rob12":vw1gqgv8 said:
gowazzu02":vw1gqgv8 said:
Rob12":vw1gqgv8 said:
Let's dial that back in.... he wasn't drafted by anyone for a reason. He's a project with fringe ability.

Fringe? No. He was one of the best receivers in the country when he signed with the Dub. His career there got off to a good start before injuries derailed his career. When I see him out there, he does not look like a fringe guy at all.

I am a Wazzu fan, too. But I think you should take your own advice and dial it in... He absolutely would have been drafted had his injuries not played such a big part. If he's truly healthy, this is a cut that we will regret.

Yeah, I thought he'd make the 53, but on thinking it over, there is a realistic chance he clears waivers to be put on PS.
His injury history may play a role in who is willing to grab him for their *Active Roster* and cut someone else.
Plus, WR is a position that takes some time to develop and master in the NFL; just ask G. Tate.
I sure remember Williams torching WSU in an Apple Cup a few years back.

Cad

Reaction score
That gruesome leg injury his junior year combined with UW having no quarterback that could throw a ball his senior year doomed Kasen, which is a tragedy.

Rob12

Reaction score
I hope he can, oly. And it's obviously completely possible that I am wrong on him. But he passed the eye test for me with flying colors.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Kasen's not done yet... Opera ain't over...

And my eye test results during preseason also said "NFL-level talent" on Kasen.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Rob12":1j4sprxg said:
gowazzu02":1j4sprxg said:
Rob12":1j4sprxg said:

Injuries happened.....not the same athlete he was. ..I get you like him and have followed him since high school but i trust js and pc...

Exittium

Reaction score
So is BJ our new "Seneca Wallace"

Except I don't see BJ throwing a 90 yard touchdown pass..

hawknation2015

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1hb0m2dw said:
Rob12":1hb0m2dw said:
gowazzu02":1hb0m2dw said:
Rob12":1hb0m2dw said:

Injuries happened.....not the same athlete he was. ..I get you like him and have followed him since high school but i trust js and pc...

He's a good player . . . better than Kevin Norwood, who is also pretty good. Certainly a better pure WR than Ricardo Lockette or B.J. Daniels.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Rob12":3e5fonnd said:
andyh64000":3e5fonnd said:
Rob12":3e5fonnd said:

Huge mistake? I would have liked to see him get a shot but it isn't like he was Odell Beckham.

We'll see. Maybe 'huge mistake' is a minor overreaction... I just love his size and his skills at the position. If he's healthy he will have a very good NFL career.

I am a big fan of his (my kids go to/went to Skyline). When they played that big ESPN game against Oaks Christian he was far and away the best player on the field. But I just think keeping Lockette was the safer choice (if that is what it came down to) although I do think of Williams as a potentially better version of Kearse.

olyfan63

Reaction score
So does all this mean Kevin Smith is "in", or did he get cut too?

Rob12

Reaction score
Wazzu... I trust them, too. Didn't mean to imply that I didn't. And it's not just because I like him; at times he looked like one of the most skilled receivers on the team in the few opportunities he got. Especially with a guy like RJ Archer throwing him the ball.

Whether he's the same athlete or not remains to be seen.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think keeping a 29 year old gunner on an elite roster is a mistake - especially one that has seemed to fall off a bit recently. And, Lockette is prone to some very stupid penalties at times. If it was a Lockette/Williams decision, I don't like it, even if I ultimately completely trust PCJS. They're not immune from making mistakes...

two dog

Reaction score
I was hoping the Seahawks liked Kasen Williams enough to keep him.

Now I'm hoping nobody else likes him enough to take him.

Tical21

Reaction score
BJ Daniels is a great dude, probably a great practice player, but isn't a NFL quarterback, returner, or receiver. You're entitled to keep 1-2 guys for team morale purposes, but prospect-wise Williams and Smith are both superior.

I agree that Kasen gets swooped up. Once team saw he is healthy and plays with a physicality, there's a team that will take a chance on him.

Latest posts