Seahawk Cuts

olyfan63

Reaction score
We don't know "how healthy" Kasen is. Seattle FO does. Based on just Preseason play I'd expect him to get picked up. There may be other factors where teams pass on him. TBD.

BJ Daniels is a viable 3rd QB if we need one. He sure didn't show NFL-level WR or KR ability yet in those spots. With TJack still down, BJ really hast to be getting kept for his QB abilities. I'd sure trust BJ to win a game for us over Archer.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I too wanted Kasen to stay.BJ Daniels??MEH .I hope they pick up Philip Sims and get rid of BJ.PLEASE!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rob12":33bmlw2y said:
Cutting Kasen is going to be a huge mistake. And kiss the practice squad goodbye because he'll get scooped up.

I bet you ... no one claims him.

Good to see the Husky bias is alive and well here though

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1aah65tk said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/640275574133362688[/tweet]

Michael and Rawls both make it. Surprised Kevin Smith did not. So we're carrying 5 WR's? Unless you count BJ as WR6

chris98251

Reaction score
Michael's stays with a trade over his head. we are not done yet.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TY McGill waived...kind of a surprise. I thought he would have made the 53. I thought he played better than David King during the preseason.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
My Practice Squad Projection:

- DE Obum Gwacham
- S Keenan Lambert
- DT TY McGill
- WR Kevin Smith
- WR Kasen Williams
- S Ronald Martin
- LB Eric Pinkins
- RB Rod Smith
- T/G Terry Poole
- WR/CB Douglas McNeil

On speed dial if someone is claimed or moves to active 53:
- QB RJ Archer
- S Ryan Murphy
- G Keavon Milton

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xeoejztv said:
HawkFan72":xeoejztv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/640275574133362688[/tweet]

Michael and Rawls both make it. Surprised Kevin Smith did not. So we're carrying 5 WR's? Unless you count BJ as WR6

Yeah BJ is the WR6/QB3 hybrid. KInd of nice that they save a slot for another position that way.

LolaRox

Reaction score
There is no way they're done. They are carrying Lynch, CM, Rawls, Tukuafu & Coleman and they still have to make room for Jackson (assuming rumors are true). There is no way 6 RB/FB make it to the final 53, at least I hope not.

Cad

Reaction score
LolaRox":155v7osd said:
There is no way they're done. They are carrying Lynch, CM, Rawls, Tukuafu & Coleman and they still have to make room for Jackson (assuming rumors are true). There is no way 6 RB/FB make it to the final 53, at least I hope not.

I assume that C-Mike's spot is for Jackson, once they trade him.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":168p87e6 said:
Sucks they kept Lockette.
Agreed but makes sense.

Smith and Williams, hopefully, to practice squad

Prich comes back, cut RLockette

If Smith or Williams were on the roster, what would we do when Prich comes back? Cutting Smith or WIlliams at that point would certainly decrease there odds of making the P squad.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Cad":3mggqn7h said:
LolaRox":3mggqn7h said:

I assume that C-Mike's spot is for Jackson, once they trade him.

That or Tukuafu. Keeping 2 fullbacks seems way stranger than keeping 4 running backs.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":304kb79j said:
TheRealDTM":304kb79j said:
Tech Worlds":304kb79j said:

yeah really shitty to have the best gunner in the league
Meh. Not worth the roster spot. You need to do more then that IMO.

I'm not going to pretend he isn't a good gunner, and special teams is important, but that is all Lockette is.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
joeshaney":23imunys said:
Tech Worlds":23imunys said:
TheRealDTM":23imunys said:
Tech Worlds":23imunys said:

yeah really shitty to have the best gunner in the league
Meh. Not worth the roster spot. You need to do more then that IMO.

I'm not going to pretend he isn't a good gunner, and special teams is important, but that is all Lockette is.
He's an experienced receiver that did rather well at the end of the season in single-coverage.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The olinemen that were cut must really suck. I wouldn't expect to see any of those guys signed to the practice squad. Our oline is arguably the weakest positional group on the team. To be a guy cut from the weakest positional group on a highly perceived overall group weakness does not bode well for your NFL future. I look for at least a couple olinemen to make the PS albeit from other teams cuts.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BJ makes sense to me. Not only as a backup returner, receiver and emergency QB, but he plays all the other roles on special teams as well. Carroll said on his last press conference that you can't make this roster as a WR without playing special teams and mentioned that Kasen still needed to find a niche there, though he was trying. They essentially traded Norwood off because he couldn't do anything in that area.

That said, I would've kept Kevin Smith over Lockette. Both have the ability to contribute to special teams, and Kevin is a better receiving prospect with longer club control.