Seahawk Cuts

joeshaney

Reaction score
That's a very friendly review of RLockette.

Still, some employers value experience, some value production.
I tend to put a significantly higher value on production.

Hakeem Nicks is an experienced reciever, too.

I don't hate Lockette, but he isn't a good reciever and his *experience leads me to believe he is a finished product. He is good on special teams. Our 5th/6th reciever will likely be 95% assigned to special teams. So, that's ok, but lets be real.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Trouble with keeping Lockette is they will use him at a crucial time of the game, like they did in the Super Bowl and like they did with Walters.. yuch.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm disappointed with some of these cuts, especially considering who made it instead. I was rooting for Jesse Williams and TY McGill, hoping the team could find a way to keep both. That would require keeping nine defensive linemen. Turns out they did keep that many, but neither one made it. That sucks.

I was also hoping Kasen Williams could make it over Lockette. While Lockette is clearly a good ST gunner, I don't think that ability is really all that valuable over the course of a season. Williams ability as a WR is better than Lockette's, IMO, and that ability is more valuable.

I'm also disappointed in Terry Poole. I'm not saying he deserved to make the team; I'm saying I'm disappointed we used a 4th round pick on him. It's embarrassing to use a 4th round pick at a position of need and that guy still not make the roster. Clearly a desperation pick. I get that once a player is on the roster, draft status goes out the window (as it should). However, I just wish we could've found a better player to draft with that pick.

Another thing that irks me is having two fullbacks. Any one of these guys listed above (McGill or a Williams, not Poole) would've added more value to the team, IMO. I think the offense will perform optimally with either 2 TEs or a slot receiver on most snaps, which in theory would really limit the opportunities for even one fullback. Hardly seems prudent to keep two.

Despite the disappointment, I can keep things in perspective. I'm not smarter than Pete and John, and I wasn't there at training camp and in the meeting rooms to evaluate these players, so I'll have to trust they made the right decisions.

joeshaney

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":103p9925 said:
The olinemen that were cut must really suck. I wouldn't expect to see any of those guys signed to the practice squad. Our oline is arguably the weakest positional group on the team. To be a guy cut from the weakest positional group on a highly perceived overall group weakness does not bode well for your NFL future. I look for at least a couple olinemen to make the PS albeit from other teams cuts.

Probably. I agree.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Erebus":cbnlr7s0 said:
I'm disappointed with some of these cuts, especially considering who made it instead. I was rooting for Jesse Williams and TY McGill, hoping the team could find a way to keep both. That would require keeping nine defensive linemen. Turns out they did keep that many, but neither one made it. That sucks.

Another thing that irks me is having two fullbacks. Any one of these guys listed above (McGill or a Williams, not Poole) would've added more value to the team, IMO. I think the offense will perform optimally with either 2 TEs or a slot receiver on most snaps, which in theory would really limit the opportunities for even one fullback. Hardly seems prudent to keep two.

In the thread about Williams, it sayd he has been added to the non-football injury list so he can return later.

As for the 2 FBs, remember that Tukuafu can also be depth on Defense as he played a few snaps there last year. So he isn't just hanging on the roster as a useless 2nd FB. He also is decent on Special Teams.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkFan72":29z088cv said:
In the thread about Williams, it sayd he has been added to the non-football injury list so he can return later.

As for the 2 FBs, remember that Tukuafu can also be depth on Defense as he played a few snaps there last year. So he isn't just hanging on the roster as a useless 2nd FB. He also is decent on Special Teams.

YESS!! Jesse Williams gets a second (third? Fourth?) football life to keep his dream alive.
I think Obama got a call from the Australian P.M., and then made a call to Pete, and the decision was made at a political level; Australia needs to be well-represented in the NFL. I see that Jarryd Hayne made it with SF, so the Australian P.M. has been busy. ;)

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkFan72":bl7x6ooz said:
Yeah BJ is the WR6/QB3 hybrid. KInd of nice that they save a slot for another position that way.

Dude, you just invented a whole new position and new market for players!!
"WR6/QB3 hybrid" -- now all the scouts will have this on their checklist! It's probably right up there, above even "FB/QB3 hybrid", and "SS/QB3 hybrid". Don't laugh--the last two positions were personified by Mike Rob and Kam.

Exittium

Reaction score
Man lockette is only good at running fast and making penalties... Dont like or agree we kept him.. Period

Sac

Reaction score
Exittium":rcg48jzg said:
Man lockette is only good at running fast and making penalties... Dont like or agree we kept him.. Period

He'll be gone once P-Rich comes off of PUP.

kobebryant

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3n01t4iq said:
Tech Worlds":3n01t4iq said:
Sucks they kept Lockette.

yeah really shitty to have the best gunner in the league

Exactly. Low bottom of the depth chart WRs need to be big time special teams players.

Guys like Kaseem Osgood and Matthew Slater have made nice careers out of it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1vwuy0ym said:
Exittium":1vwuy0ym said:

He'll be gone once P-Rich comes off of PUP.

This

HawkFan72

Reaction score
olyfan63":59jk6wmk said:
HawkFan72":59jk6wmk said:
Yeah BJ is the WR6/QB3 hybrid. KInd of nice that they save a slot for another position that way.

Dude, you just invented a whole new position and new market for players!!
"WR6/QB3 hybrid" -- now all the scouts will have this on their checklist! It's probably right up there, above even "FB/QB3 hybrid", and "SS/QB3 hybrid". Don't laugh--the last two positions were personified by Mike Rob and Kam.

Don't forget Tukuafu is a FB/DT hybrid.

edogg23

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this but anyone else think the Hawks should at least consider Tebow as a backup? He actually looked pretty good in Philly and could run some read option style plays for us as a backup if needed.

chris98251

Reaction score
edogg23":3c49vg17 said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but anyone else think the Hawks should at least consider Tebow as a backup? He actually looked pretty good in Philly and could run some read option style plays for us as a backup if needed.

I would preach Abstinence.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
edogg23":13gjqxh8 said:

If they wanted someone like that we already have someone better than Tebow in both those department in BJ Daniels.

Mick063

Reaction score
The only player I disagree with keeping is BJ Daniels.

He is a better QB than anything. I don't like his return game and if I'm trying to create a receiver, I can think of other projects (ie. Terrelle Pryor) that are/were more physically suited. Indeed, if they are going this route with Daniels, they would have been better off using Pryor in such a role last year. He would be a year further along in his transition and also have the requisite speed required for the multiple roles.

I have to believe that the first serious injury that comes up, Daniels hits the road to make room. In other words, he is nothing more than a third QB and a brief luxury.

I'm good with Lockette. The guy has proven himself to me.

Cad

Reaction score
Archer":x568tfp3 said:
Tebow is horrible and would be a waste of a roster spot.

We'd also have to deal with the endless media circus... he's a backup QB who gets the same amount of headlines as the elite quarterbacks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm ok with Lockette, but hes in the last year of his contract. Does that one year project better than what you can get out of one of Smith or Williams over a three year deal?

Latest posts