Seahawk fan posts another face palm worthy online petition

Casper

Reaction score
I think part of the problem is the local news media seems to love giving these dumb petition's air time, which leads to other people starting a dumb petition for their 15 minutes of fame. They need to stop, its embarrassing.

Bwarren

Reaction score
Just kind of wondering how unhinged a person has to be to write this petition after a loss. Hell let it go already. They are not supporting the team, just giving the fans a black eye. Get over it, move on. Also I bet Newton's antics would not have happened if maybe we had WON the game. Idiots being idiots, doing idiot thing, because they are idiots.

Rat

Reaction score
I wonder if any team's fan base has put out one of those for Sherman, Bennett, or Lynch.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What a joke. You don't like his antics? THEN STOP HIM ON THE FIELD WHERE IT COUNTS!

This is something we would be making fun of Forty Whiner fans about, Good God. :34853_doh:

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this is a good idea or signs the petition should have to go live on the moon.

drdiags

Reaction score
The internet serving the better good. This along with the whining mom just need to go away. You knew when folks were having a laugh about the 9ers fans with the quiet stadium petition that some local a-hole was going to join in.

Maybe the author is playing the long game and is really a fan of another team but it wouldn't surprise me if it was just some whiny sore loser.

Stand up, man up you joker! Ha ha ...

DericLee

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a troll job.

Dude has ZERO Seahawks related posts/photos/comments except for this petition.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
DericLee":1xdowcqb said:
Pretty sure this is a troll job.

Dude has ZERO Seahawks related posts/photos/comments except for this petition.

Huh? He had an entire video up crying about the Panthers being cheaters, along with several other Seahawks related posts over the past few months.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
https://www.change.org/p/seattle-seahaw ... responsive

Here you go, a petition to stop the original petitioner.

Change.org, 1 crazy person can start a petition to petition anything for free. Doesn't mean anything. I can make one to petition to stop oranges from being orange. Boom! News worthy?

I don't understand why 1 person basically writing something on the internet, which is what these 'petitions' are, is actually making the news. :34853_doh:

And please stop with the "this makes all 12's look bad" or "this is why other fan bases hate us!" It's 1 idiot who started this, one. Look at all the comments (you have to sign to comment) a ton are from other places than Seattle, like the Carolina area, most of those signatures are a joke, or just laughing at the guy who started it. And yea, would not surprise me if he wasnt even a Seahawks fan.

kidhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":mmdoe6le said:
Lol, this is why we are one of the most hated teams in the NFL. Some of the fans are just too much. Gives us a bad rep.

Although I completely agree that fans go overboard with these idiotic petitions and some of the whining goes a bit overboard, but that is not why the other team's fans hate us. We are hated because we are winning. Seahawks fans haven't changed a whole lot over the years. There are definitely more of them now and that's another benefit (???) of winning. The fact is, most fans couldn't care less about us when we were always somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
kidhawk":20tu9zmy said:
TheLegendOfBoom":20tu9zmy said:
Lol, this is why we are one of the most hated teams in the NFL. Some of the fans are just too much. Gives us a bad rep.

Although I completely agree that fans go overboard with these idiotic petitions and some of the whining goes a bit overboard, but that is not why the other team's fans hate us. We are hated because we are winning. Seahawks fans haven't changed a whole lot over the years. There are definitely more of them now and that's another benefit (???) of winning. The fact is, most fans couldn't care less about us when we were always somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

Bingo.

Other fans hate us because of the Seahawks success. As simple as that.

If you're not hated, then you aren't doing anything, you're irrelevant. :Dunno:

Laloosh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":kainh33p said:
kidhawk":kainh33p said:
TheLegendOfBoom":kainh33p said:

Bingo.

Other fans hate us because of the Seahawks success. As simple as that.

If you're not hated, then you aren't doing anything, you're irrelevant. :Dunno:
I think it's less about the team's success and more about our fans making themselves easy targets. Luckily it has no impact on anybody with self respect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":ns13m7aj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":ns13m7aj said:

Certainly it's 80% about being a winner...........but there is another 20% that's also about Richard Sherman screaming at Erin Andrews, Doug Baldwin screaming at Chris Carter and pooping a football, and 12's like this annoying the crap out of everyone.

If you're a loser fan base and talk crap, then you're just lame and no one cares. So yeah it's mostly about being a winner. But our fanbase is also annoying, so it's not ALL about just winning.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ez0m4bp said:
kidhawk":2ez0m4bp said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ez0m4bp said:

Certainly it's 80% about being a winner...........but there is another 20% that's also about Richard Sherman screaming at Erin Andrews, Doug Baldwin screaming at Chris Carter and pooping a football, and 12's like this annoying the crap out of everyone.

If you're a loser fan base and talk crap, then you're just lame and no one cares. So yeah it's mostly about being a winner. But our fanbase is also annoying, so it's not ALL about just winning.

Sure, now that we are a winner, people whine about sherman and baldwin and the individual fans who do and say stupid things, but back before we got Holmgren and actually started winning, we had people complaining about announcers and other players and start times and travel schedules and we've had our share of cocky players, but nobody cared enough to hate us then. The whole point is that when you win, the annoying things you were doing all along get noticed. So, yes things that are being done are annoying but very few would care if we weren't in the playoffs year in and year out and winning.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about annoying players or fans?

Because fans are fans, people are people. Just because we root for a team in blue jerseys, vs a team in red or green jerseys, doesn't make us more annoying.

I just don't get this idea that Seahawk fans are more annoying than anyone else. :Dunno:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RussB":2s1p8e6p said:
Crap like this makes all hawk fans look bad. Some crybaby BS.

"All" Seahawks fans? No it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Ok let's do this, I'll go on Change.org and start a petition, as a 49er fan. And then I'll petition the NFL that when any opposing fans come to Levi's Stadium, they must be required to wear only 49er gear. No opposing fan gear allowed.

And if that stupid petition gets rolling in social media and on 49er boards, we can sit back and laugh as the 49er fans start turning on each other saying stuff like "god this make all of us look bad, no wonder everyone hates us, we're all such whiners". :34853_doh:

And yes, I'm annoyed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This whole thing was stupid and it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing is a hoax. Lets say its not for the sake of argument. Who cares? Every fan base has a few odd ball fans. This says absolutely nothing about Seahawks fans. If a Niners fan did this it would say absolutely nothing about them as well. What's sad is news outlets giving a voice to this stupidity. My guess is the guy did it as a joke knowing people would make a bigger deal out of it than it should be.

Twisted I'm annoyed too.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sports fanaticism is, at it's core, irrational.

No fanbase is any better or worse than another one. Hawks fans are no better or worse than 49ers or Panthers fans.

All groups are made up of some combo of loud knuckleheads and intelligent, rational people capable of putting sports in the proper perspective.

This petition is stupid and a waste of time, but if you feel embarrassed because of it you're attaching too much of your personal identity to your fandom.