Seahawk fan posts another face palm worthy online petition

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
twisted_steel2":yral0ijj said:
https://www.change.org/p/seattle-seahawks-425-203-8000-ban-andrew-tilton-from-century-link-field?recruiter=3374553&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Here you go, a petition to stop the original petitioner.

Signed.

Kid's right...The hate isn't because of one dipshit's stupid petition. It's because we are one of the best teams in the NFL and when you are at the top or one of the best teams, other fans hate you. If you suck (no not suck when they say you suck, but actually suck) then they don't care enough about you to even bother with contempt.

Apathy is the true killer in the NFL. Not a lot of fans out there that HATE the Jaguars.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3vxb43ih said:
This has 9er fan written all over it. There is no way someone with a relatively normal functioning brain would think fpr one second that this would work.

On the other hand it is the perfect troll job to make an entire fan base look stupid.

^Truth^
You just can't fix that kind of stupid.

MVP53

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":28do8idw said:
Been to his Facebook page. Not surprised one bit.

I figured the petition had to be a joke, till I went to that guy's FB page. My goodness. He has a 5 minute video talking about how the Panthers must have cheated because they beat AZ by too much.

The open letter to Newton, this petition, the Aikman petition. Maybe a decade of relevant football (wins AND losses) will thicken some of the fans skin a bit.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Brock and Salk were talking about it too? Ugh.

Why is the media giving this idiot so much attention?? :34853_doh:

That's what we should be embarrassed about.

Laloosh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1mp9khu1 said:

Think Salk would pass on an opportunity to drag Seattle fans through the mud while shining a light on something stupid?

drdiags

Reaction score
ivotuk":2tb1lkdj said:
Brock and Salk talk about it too... "You can't even keep Cam out of the end zone, how are you going to keep him out of the stadium?"

You killing me over here Smalls! :thirishdrinkers: :0190l:

checkdanews

Reaction score
People who really don't know the game of football, and/or are far to emotional should not be allowed to post online on behalf of Seahawk fans. Our Coaches/Players aren't fans of people attacking a players character based on on-field antics, or excuses, and neither should we...All the fan bases have people like this though. People who get to emotional and let stuff get under there skin, or think of every excuse in the book. Beyond the Pats I'm guessing we are the 2nd most hated team in this country, so fans of other teams always jump on a chance to talk shit about us...Sure we didn't make it to the bowl, but for the last 4 seasons our guys have been playing football well into January, and even February a couple times...That makes us one of the luckiest got dam group of fans in this country, we got a chance every year for the forseable future....We stumbled this year, but if you know this team you know that means the NFL better watch out next year, because our guys are going to feel disrespected, and angry.....and you wouldn't like them when there angry....

Anyway, a word of advice to all us 12's is to do your best to not let the little stuff get under your skin, because this hate train is only going to get bigger. We are going to keep winning, and more people are going to hate us. Soooooo lets not give them even more reasons to hate us, we are an awesome fanbase...and as that awesome fanbase, we need to do our best to put our best foot foward!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This a genuine C'mon Man?

Some people just do stuff that removes any doubt how stupid they really are.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":37zpgx5v said:

So were Mike and Mike.

Steve2222

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":b7jnq2on said:
seahawks08":b7jnq2on said:
I don't we are the most hated, I think Seahawks is a model franchise that everyone wants to become. Our players and fans are one of the classiest, yes there are knuckle heads everywhere, but I won't accept that label of being most hated. Sorry
During an active regular season, go to a state other than the ones in the northwest. Wear a Seahawks jersey. And be prepared to get dirty looks or trolled. I've done it and receive plenty a dirty look and pretty bad comments.

I guarantee you, the Seahawks are one of the most hated teams.

I've worn Seahawks attire within the past two years in Louisiana (to include NOLA), Georgia (to include Atlanta), North Carolina (to include Charlotte), and Texas (to include Houston and Dallas). All not during a Seahawks road game. And nobody trolled me or gave me a dirty look at any of these times.

drdiags

Reaction score
Bill Wixley was saying there are over 1K signatures so this dude is not alone. He found another 1K worth of folks to join in on his prank/cause. Next I guess he will be petitioning to have the Seahawks break away from the NFL and play in his panty league.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is just weird the fans care this much.

Sure, the Panthers QB is a dbag, but I honestly think it isn't really his fault since I don't think he is smart enough to know better.

So they are getting all amped up about a guy doing things that he probably has no capacity to understand rubs people wrong and makes him look like a complete tool besides.

I just don't think he is bright enough to hold him accountable for it. But getting upset about it isn't going to fix anything either.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2k05n1jd said:
Lol, this is why we are one of the most hated teams in the NFL. Some of the fans are just too much. Gives us a bad rep.

Who cares. Where do I sign?

Rob12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3g8j44op said:
If you thought the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman one was bad.. you haven't seen anything yet!

https://www.change.org/p/seattle-seahaw ... link-field

Embarrassing, and not an accurate depiction of Seahawks fans. I still don't have one single problem with Cam Newton playfully tossing the 12th Man flag on the ground. I don't think anyone should; a Seahawks fan clearly handed it to him. He had to of known he wasn't getting it signed.

Just embarrassing. WTF.

Rob12

Reaction score
This rivals the 49ers fans who wanted the Seahawks to get penalized when it got too loud at the Clink. But actually, this probably goes beyond that. I mean, wanting an active NFLPA represented player to be BANNED from our stadium?

:pukeface:

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawks08":y25hf12g said:
I don't we are the most hated, I think Seahawks is a model franchise that everyone wants to become. Our players and fans are one of the classiest, yes there are knuckle heads everywhere, but I won't accept that label of being most hated. Sorry

We're up there, whether you want to admit it or not.

Maybe not No. 1, but close. Closer than you want to think.

Rob12

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":33oipxy7 said:
RussB":33oipxy7 said:
Crap like this makes all hawk fans look bad. Some crybaby BS.

"All" Seahawks fans? No it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Ok let's do this, I'll go on Change.org and start a petition, as a 49er fan. And then I'll petition the NFL that when any opposing fans come to Levi's Stadium, they must be required to wear only 49er gear. No opposing fan gear allowed.

And if that stupid petition gets rolling in social media and on 49er boards, we can sit back and laugh as the 49er fans start turning on each other saying stuff like "god this make all of us look bad, no wonder everyone hates us, we're all such whiners". :34853_doh:

And yes, I'm annoyed.

The problem is that you're looking at this from a logical perspective. And fandom is not usually all that logical - for ANY fan base.

One bad fan, or apple if you will, CAN and DOES make us all look bad. It's the same thing we did when that one 49er fan sent in a petition to get the Seahawks penalized when the noise level got too loud at the Clink. There were multiple threads here, ripping on the entire 49er fan base. It's the same thing when one douche bag fan of an opposing team picks a fight with an opposing fan and beats him down in a parking lot after the game. The Denver fan base is catching hell now for that one turd who pushed over a port-a-potty when a NE fan was in there taking care of business. It's kind of how it works. Remember Navorro Bowman and the popcorn? Whether the dude spilled the popcorn or not, he made us all look bad, and did we ever take a beating for it. All of the sudden, Seahawk fans were throwing food at an injured player being carted off of the field.

All it takes is one. That's how it is, and that's how it always will be. You expecting logic here is not a realistic response. If this was one Carolina fan trying to ban RW from their stadium for doing the same thing (of course RW wouldn't), it'd be all over the main forum and the Shack, and most of us would be complaining about Carolina fans.

Again, logic and fan behavior rarely works together. Most are looking for reasons to crap on other fan bases.

Rob12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kyyhb7c said:
Sure, the Panthers QB is a dbag, but I honestly think it isn't really his fault since I don't think he is smart enough to know better.

Why is Cam Newton a douche bag? I'm honestly just asking. The dude does an enormous of work in the community, and gives football to kids after each Panthers touchdown. He doesn't get in trouble with the law. He seems to be a pretty stand up guy. People hate him or call him a douche bag because he's not our QB, and I get that. But he's plenty smart enough to know better, and he just doesn't care what some Seahawks fans think of him nearly 3,000 miles away. He's smart enough to have shredded our defense twice in one season. I was at the Panthers game this season at the Clink, and what he did to our defense in the 4th Quarter is something that I can't ever remember happening before. And then, he hangs up 24 points in the first half in the Divisional Round against us.

I'm not trying to be argumentative; I'm just genuinely curious how Cam Newton is a douche. Is it because he just beat a team in the playoffs that he has struggled against his whole career, and secured a spot in a cake walk NFC Championship Game? In the video, it's clear as day that a Seahawks fan handed him the flag. We were defending Richard Sherman for the same thing when he went on his post game scream session after we beat the 49ers in the NFCCG in 2013. Emotions and adrenaline tend to run high in those situations... Cam did what many of us would have done, and that's take the 12 flag and throw it to the ground. It's his house, after all. The best way to keep his playful antics in check is to smoke him out next season, like this team is more than capable of doing.