Seahawks 2016 breakout player

Boom84

Reaction score
monkey":kc405m2t said:
Easy, Garry Gilliam.
Unheralded, and expected by most of the media to fail BIG TIME, he will not only not fail, and exceed expectations, he will be an upgrade over Okung last year, (partly because he'll actually stay healthy, and the best ability is AVAILability), especially in terms of run blocking, at which he will excel.
Though he may need a little time to adjust to his new LT position, and may start out slowly, by seasons end, I predict he will be thought of as the franchise LT of the future, and we will all be very happy about it.

Agreed and to be honest the continued ascension of the offense depends on it.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Jarran Reed will AMAZE. Not noted for rushing the QB he will give more inside pressure than anyone expects at the same time absolutely stoning the run. Hes going to make everyone around him better too.

bighawk

Reaction score
I stated earlier that P-rich will be my choice but I really think Frank Clark has the potential to dominate. Carroll, and Bennett real believe in him. Reed has considerable upside. If Rawls isn't ready Collins quick feet may be to hard to keep off the field.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tharold Simon is my pick. I think he FINALLY stays healthy and starts opposite Sherman most of the season and plays at a high enough level to where he probably gets overpaid in FA next year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
How about Stanley Jean-Baptiste? Sure, he was a bust in New Orleans but who DIDN'T look bad playing for the Saints defense the last couple of years? He definitely has the size that Seattle looks for at the CB position. Could be a successful reclamation project.

JPRoland

Reaction score
I believe that Alex Collins is going to surprise everyone. This young man is not only affable, but he was a very fine college runner and is really fun to watch. I have no idea what all the ballyhoo is about fumbling. After watching Alex at Arkansas for three 1,000+ yards for all three seasons (in the SEC no less), the last thing I remember is him fumbling. What I do remember is his patience, great vision and ability to get yards. Alex is going to impress and will be the Seahawks breakout player.

the_12th_man

Reaction score
My pick is Tharold Simon. This is a guy who has just been ravaged by injuries since his first days as a Seahawk. Then when he finally got healthy he really got picked on for the games he played and really worked by the Patriots in the Superbowl. But that was initially his rookie season and learning curve to the NFL so I still have hope. He's basically a sophomore with A LOT to prove and can really own that opposite side of Sherman if he can stay healthy and based on his physical attributes alone. I believe I read it's a contract year for him so I can totally see him playing his best football since it really seems like a reoccurring theme with our DB's!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I will choose Frank Clark. Dominated last year in the PreSeason and now is ready for the prime time. Irvin is gone and Clemons is old.

Richardson has everything on paper, but is made glass and is at best 4th receiver on a team that runs first.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3aoo42um said:
Nick Vannett. Sees a lot of time thanks to his blocking abilities, and the resulting formation flexibility gives him some shots at receptions, lets him improve at things he never developed in college.

As for P-Rich...I doubt he stays healthy.

Exactly my pick and opinion re: P-Rich. My adopted rook Vannett is going to see significant time and perform well.

Smoke

Reaction score
David Perkins highlight reel is kinda jaw dropping.

I'm very interested in his ability. He feels like "that one" UDFA we always seem to get

Overseasfan

Reaction score
When I think about it this draft class might just turn out historically good as I see lots and lots of guys contributing right away and becoming integral parts to a championship team. Out of all the draftees the only ones I think won't be making much of a contribution are Odhiambo and Brooks. I'm 50/50 on Hunt and Collins but look at all the others and their chances to do some great things. Ifedi is starting and might just be the best offensive lineman we have right away. Reed will almost certainly start and I see him being an improvement over an aged Mebane. Prosise is going to do big things as a 3rd down back and occasional receiver or even lead back, his playmaking ability and versatility are off the charts. Vannett is a stud all around, if not for Graham he would see all snaps at TE as he's not only a reliable target for Russ, he's also the best blocking TE on our roster by a mile. Jefferson might just be the replacement of Hill who will finally be able to give us some really strong interior pressure. Let's not forget Lawler either, he's not a lock to make the roster and he won't start but I see big things for him in the future. Wouldn't be surprised to see him close the year as 4th receiver pushing Kearse for playing time.

That's only the rooks. How about some Frank Clark or Mark Glowinski. This year will be a make or break season for how we'll be doing in the next couple of years but I'm both confident and excited that it will work out.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Just a gut feeling, I think Lawler is going to be one of those players who looks amazing in preseason play. Whether or not he looks as good in real games is TBD (hopefully he does). Either way, I am fully expecting him to be a major fan favorite this August.

Hopefully our 2nd and 3rd string QBs are decent enough to get a football within five feet of him.

I see some parallels between Kenny Lawler and 2011 Baldwin (thin frame, plenty of grit), though I think in the long term they will develop into two totally different kind of receivers, with Lawler turning into more of a Jarvis Landry type (after he adds bulk to his frame).

Lawler is a tenacious receiver and he's fighting for his dream this next month. It will be fun to watch.

My only poo-poo on him is that Russell really likes his receivers to be WIDE open, and Lawler is kind of a Big Mike Williams type of receiver that a QB needs to trust. Lawler would go great with a trusting, chance-taking QB like Hasselbeck, whereas Wilson tends to scan the field and target the most open receiver. And with so many ace route runners and route-separators competing with Lawler for targets, it's unlikely he's going to be the most open player all that often.

I strongly feel that Lawler is an NFL talent, but I wonder if Russell is the ideal QB for Lawler's skillset.

two dog

Reaction score
Hunt's my adopted rookie so I'm going with him. Go Joey !!

Rees Odhiambo. At some point this season, injury or poor play will net him
several starts and he will surprise his friends and amaze his adversaries.

Lawler will not only make the roster but will make some Beckham-esque
catches that will get him some national attention.
Opposing GM's will be asking their scouts why they didn't see this guy coming.

two dog

Reaction score
Hunt's my adopted rookie so I'm going with him.

Rees Odhiambo. At some point this season, injury or poor play will net him
several starts and he will surprise his friends and amaze his adversaries.

Lawler will not only make the roster but will make some Beckham-esque
catches that will get him some national attention.
Opposing GM's will be asking their scouts why they didn't see this guy coming.

Latest posts