Seahawks and Pete Carroll fined $300K

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1yrc45ul said:
ESPN reported the practice the Hawks were fined for was June 16th, which was two days before Sherm and Bates got into the fight.

The league hasn't officially stated what the infraction/date was other than "violating non-contact rules."

Non-contract violations do not cover camp fights. It deals with organized contract.

warden

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3uhkl6j0 said:
So who is ratting use out? They obviously art buying in.

Maybe it is the 100 or so media types that attend each practice, maybe it is the guy the league hires to watch all training camp film to see if they are complying with the rules,

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
warden":2jdyik5u said:
Tech Worlds":2jdyik5u said:
So who is ratting use out? They obviously art buying in.

Maybe it is the 100 or so media types that attend each practice, maybe it is the guy the league hires to watch all training camp film to see if they are complying with the rules,

It is the second.

sc85sis

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":atv2vfal said:
ESPN reported the practice the Hawks were fined for was June 16th, which was two days before Sherm and Bates got into the fight.

The league hasn't officially stated what the infraction/date was other than "violating non-contact rules."
Yeah, that date has to be wrong on ESPN's report (or the league report they used as the basis for the story). They didn't practice that day. OTAs ended on the 12th and minicamp started on the 17th.

TAB420

Reaction score
So let's break this down. We got fined for not being pu$$ie$.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":11r2ks91 said:
Sean Lee's knee got hurt during a block in a non-contact practice and I don't recall hearing the Cowboys getting punished for it.
Yah, but you're talkin' 'bout "Da Boys", You know......Jerry's kids?

253hawk

Reaction score
I love how whinezone is blowing up about this being 'cheating' somehow. Yes, risking player injury (in the eyes of the CBA anyway) is clearly cheating.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1tr0jis4 said:
JGfromtheNW":1tr0jis4 said:

Non-contract violations do not cover camp fights. It deals with organized contract.

#1. I don't know what contracts have to do with anything.

#2. You are helping emphasize my point that it was not for fighting.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
sc85sis":2rncrvxs said:
JGfromtheNW":2rncrvxs said:

Yeah, that date has to be wrong on ESPN's report (or the league report they used as the basis for the story). They didn't practice that day. OTAs ended on the 12th and minicamp started on the 17th.

Ohhhhhh the consistency and quality of reporting from ESPN just continues to blow us Seattle fans away, doesn't it?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if the NFL was really concerned about safety, they wouldn't take away two days of practice - time players need to get conditioned and into the flow of properly playing the game. Just a bogus cash grab.

253hawk

Reaction score
Only took them 2 months to come up with this? Smells like a witch hunt after the new illegal contact rules have failed to net a single penalty against the LOB so far.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k4edudqr said:
Didn't this happen last year too?

Yes this happened last year, and if i remember correctly Doug Baldwin was either the snitch that told the NFL or at the very least he spoke up after the NFL handed down the sentence and he was on the NFL's side. I remember because it was the first thing about Doug Baldwin that disappointed me.

253hawk

Reaction score
Can't really fault Doug for that; I mean the players helped set up the CBA with the conditions they wanted through the player's association. I doubt every player cares if it's followed to a 'T' or even wants to abide by them but the rules were agreed to and are in place for a reason.

But Carroll was just voted #2 best coach, this whole thing is all LOL

seedhawk

Reaction score
Good Christ! Feel like I am back in 2nd grade and Sister Anna just smacked my wrist with a ruler. We just got fined lunch money and lost a recess or two!

irocdave

Reaction score
Meh, only reason this is "news" is because the Hawks are "that team" we always wished they were. I listened to Softy on the way home, he had a great point about the fine and all the hatred for PC from across the country. ENJOY IT. We've all been (well, most of us) longing for the dominance, clear cut superior status of our local NFL team. Guess what, we now have it and it doesn't look like that's going to change for awhile. I am just as guilty as many others, still get a little defensive about the minutia media and fan responses about the Hawks coach, GM and players. Still pisses me off to see whiner fans pouting in the corner and then to see the same BS they propagated spewed as fact on other message boards.

It doesn't matter though, the Hawks have the inside track to another dominating season. Guess who doesn't? The rest of the NFC. Hoping your team will plug the obvious week spots versus seeing your team plug them and excel are two polar opposite ends of the fan spectrum. For the 2nd time in my 40+ years of being a Hawk fan I see the latter with the Hawks, again. Last year was the first.

It sucks being on the other end as a fan and I get why there is all the hate. Doesn't mean I feel one ounce of pity for the other fans, screw them, this is our year again. Looking directly at whiner fans while saying this. You know it as well as most knowledgeable Hawk fans.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm loving the hate and live on the tears. This is player's fault pure and simple. They should pay the silly fine.