Seahawks and Pete Carroll fined $300K

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Are we the only team that ever gets fine for this? I mean this only seems to happen to us, watch Hardknocks and you see a bunch of contact yet you hear nothing about the Falcons getting fined.

Also, we lose the first 2 days of double practices next year, that means we lose 4 practices right? Man that's bull.

mikeak

Reaction score
I love how some people are blaming the no fun league when the players specifically caused these rules to be in place.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The irony, as pointed out by Terry Blount, is that there is probably no team more concerned with player welfare than the Seahawks, more careful about not rushing guys back from injury, about their mental and physical well-being, etc.

Maybe they should just practice like this:
8cbed374-c41b-4aa8-b0ce-c37c28d04128.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":34289ofi said:
I love how whinezone is blowing up about this being 'cheating' somehow. Yes, risking player injury (in the eyes of the CBA anyway) is clearly cheating.
Tell them everyone hates a champion!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If it's cheating to be better than the rest of the NFL, at everything, keep on "cheating"
The butt hurt is strong in people these days.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Oh Noes... The Seahawks practiced too roughly. Those ruffians! I must retire to my fainting couch now to recover from the shock that they would fail to adhere to a gentlemanly approach in preparing for matches against my team! Swoon.

-Whiners fans

rideaducati

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1xocvllu said:
kidhawk":1xocvllu said:
Tech Worlds":1xocvllu said:
So who is ratting use out? They obviously art buying in.

I would imagine it's whomever the current players rep is. M-Rob used to be our players rep, and I'd guess that the President of the players association would likely be that guy for us now (Winston), and if not, it's not unlikely that he could be the source, since it's kind of his job to see that the team follows through with what the players have bargained for.
TNT's article on it, I believe, states that it was tape submitted because of a fight and they saw the violation on that tape. Winston is current rep but wasn't on the team at the time. I don't get all the anti- Pete stuff. I'm in LA and there's lots of it here, usually UCLA oriented. AFAIK, Bush's parents were living rent free from an agent outside of the team who approached Bush after he was a star. No recruiting violations, no boosters, no school involvement... yet Pete gets the cheat label and every single OL and coach don't get labeled as cheats for holding every play. Weird.

Sucks that this is more ammo for the cheathawks crowd. Don't remember all the hullabaloo about cheating when the NFL emphasized OL holding a few years ago.

I have asked everyone that I have heard spew "Pete the cheat" if they would want Pete as their favorite team's coach and they have all said "yes". Plain old jealousy.

31 other teams are trying to be as physical as the Seahawks and most of them are pretending right up to kickoff vs the Seahawks when they get punched in the mouth for real.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MadSweeney":3czwp3uc said:
kidhawk":3czwp3uc said:
Tech Worlds":3czwp3uc said:
So who is ratting use out? They obviously art buying in.

I would imagine it's whomever the current players rep is. M-Rob used to be our players rep, and I'd guess that the President of the players association would likely be that guy for us now (Winston), and if not, it's not unlikely that he could be the source, since it's kind of his job to see that the team follows through with what the players have bargained for.
TNT's article on it, I believe, states that it was tape submitted because of a fight and they saw the violation on that tape. Winston is current rep but wasn't on the team at the time. I don't get all the anti- Pete stuff. I'm in LA and there's lots of it here, usually UCLA oriented. AFAIK, Bush's parents were living rent free from an agent outside of the team who approached Bush after he was a star. No recruiting violations, no boosters, no school involvement... yet Pete gets the cheat label and every single OL and coach don't get labeled as cheats for holding every play. Weird.

Sucks that this is more ammo for the cheathawks crowd. Don't remember all the hullabaloo about cheating when the NFL emphasized OL holding a few years ago.

I have asked everyone that I have heard spew "Pete the cheat" if they would want Pete as their favorite team's coach and they have all said "yes". Plain old jealousy.

31 other teams are trying to be as physical as the Seahawks and most of them are pretending right up to kickoff vs the Seahawks when they get punched in the mouth for real.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I just heard one of the NFL live guys say, that when the league was reviewing the tape of the "fight" they saw some things in the background that caused them to dig further.
Whatever they saw caused the fine.
For whatever that's worth to y'all.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
This is probably going to continue to happen with Pete as our coach. His always compete mantra has these guys playing for their jobs each and every practice. This is just the byproduct of the competitive atmosphere that Pete has cultivated.

zhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":irfpsty8 said:
Then I was just kidding

I'm sorry, but what's up with the avatar. is that a statement of some kind? No disrespect, but I don't get the drift.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score