Seahawks are home team for Super Bowl

raisethe3

Reaction score
"Super Bowl 49: Patriots to use Cardinals facility, Seahawks are home team in big game"

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/1 ... s-are-home

One of the biggest things that Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians used as a motivating point all season was not letting any other team dress in their locker room for the Super Bowl. Super Bowl XLIX is now set and the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots will play for this season's championship.

Leading up to the Super Bowl, it will be the Pats who will use the Cardinals locker room, but not at University of Phoenix Stadium.

The AFC team -- the Pats -- will use the Cardinals team facility in Tempe. The Seahawks will practice at ASU. There was some worry that the Seahawks would be at the Cardinals facility and some think Richard Sherman would do something inflammatory like take a picture in Patrick Peterson's locker.

Seattle, though, will be the home team at the Super Bowl, which means they get to choose what uniforms they want.

Getting back to the original sentence in this article, that motivating point is technically moot. In University of Phoenix Stadium, as Mike Jurecki pointed out, there are three locker rooms. (I didn't know this.) So at least for the game itself, no team will dress in the Cardinals locker room.

When the stadium was built, it was always expected it would host neutral site games -- bowl games, Super Bowls, etc. It makes sense there would be three locker rooms, so college teams and other teams would not have access to the Cardinals' part of the stadium.

So no need to worry. The Seahawks will not be using the Cardinals locker room at any point over the next two weeks. And perhaps Bruce Arians just didn't know it, but no one was ever going to dress in the Cardinals locker room at the stadium.

Looks like the uniform will be blue on blue if I am not mistaken.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":28v2xquz said:
"Super Bowl 49: Patriots to use Cardinals facility, Seahawks are home team in big game"

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/1 ... s-are-home

One of the biggest things that Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians used as a motivating point all season was not letting any other team dress in their locker room for the Super Bowl. Super Bowl XLIX is now set and the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots will play for this season's championship.

Leading up to the Super Bowl, it will be the Pats who will use the Cardinals locker room, but not at University of Phoenix Stadium.

The AFC team -- the Pats -- will use the Cardinals team facility in Tempe. The Seahawks will practice at ASU. There was some worry that the Seahawks would be at the Cardinals facility and some think Richard Sherman would do something inflammatory like take a picture in Patrick Peterson's locker.

Seattle, though, will be the home team at the Super Bowl, which means they get to choose what uniforms they want.

Getting back to the original sentence in this article, that motivating point is technically moot. In University of Phoenix Stadium, as Mike Jurecki pointed out, there are three locker rooms. (I didn't know this.) So at least for the game itself, no team will dress in the Cardinals locker room.

When the stadium was built, it was always expected it would host neutral site games -- bowl games, Super Bowls, etc. It makes sense there would be three locker rooms, so college teams and other teams would not have access to the Cardinals' part of the stadium.

So no need to worry. The Seahawks will not be using the Cardinals locker room at any point over the next two weeks. And perhaps Bruce Arians just didn't know it, but no one was ever going to dress in the Cardinals locker room at the stadium.

Looks like the uniform will be blue on blue if I am not mistaken.

Actually the home team has the option to wear there home or away jerseys. and this includes in the Super Bowl

OrFan

Reaction score
To go along with this I am referring to the stadium as CLS Stadium. Century Link South.

I do believe our fans will make it so.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
And if there is one thing that we know from watching Cardinals games the past couple of years ... it's that that's a pretty true statement. How many Seattle Seahawks fans live in Arizona anyway? Holy Cow. I mean, look at how many of the 12th Man traveled all the way to New Jersey for last years' Super Bowl. In Glendale? I'd expect at least 1/2 of the stadium to be in Seahawks colors for this one. Century Link South indeed.

[youtube]ImbcLRACNiQ[/youtube]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Being in fairly close proximity and knowing that stadium as well as the Seahawks do has to be an advantage for them.

Compare that to the Patriots, who have only played at University of Phoenix Stadium once, and that was seven years ago.

Maybe not a huge advantage, but the familiarity is nice.

~edited to correct my mistake~

swagcity21

Reaction score
I believe the Patriots have played in Glendale twice. Both times they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
swagcity21":3f38qzvc said:
I believe the Patriots have played in Glendale twice. Both times they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Oh, my bad. Not sure how I forgot that XLII was played there. XLVI was at the Colts' stadium.

Still, playing there every year is different than playing there once seven years ago.

evergreen

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lyf2n5sd said:
swagcity21":lyf2n5sd said:

Oh, my bad. Not sure how I forgot that XLII was played there. XLVI was at the Colts' stadium.

Still, playing there every year is different than playing there once seven years ago.

It's a lot different. It's worse. Their worst nightmares have happened there. They will be 0-3 now after another no name receiver makes a awesome catch!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
So Bruce Arians' masterful motivation strategy was never a possibility anyway???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your NFL Coach of the Year, ladies and gentlemen. Coach of the Year.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1w1tel6p said:
Actually the home team has the option to wear there home or away jerseys. and this includes in the Super Bowl

Yep. The team can opt for the away jerseys if they want, but I'd rather see them out there in the blues myself.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOL Cards still in high school? Dont want that mean old sherman to take a picture at my locker....... ahh guys Sherman has bigger fish to fry then a team we beat twice by a combined one million points this year.

Latest posts