Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

chris98251

Reaction score
When I started where I work we had 180,000 employees, after 18 years and a few months, working on 4th merger, takeover, whatever you want to call it, depends on who wants to hear the PC version, that doesn't include the smaller companies we bought to glean technology we are at about 30,000 employees now with more across the board layoffs about to happen.

We see no loyalty for the loyalty given and effort submitted over the years.

Rocket

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qhwq9xr said:
My longtime job is going away in April of next year, after 24 years
My condolences. Been there, done that, got the scars.

THOU SHALL NOT TRADE EARL.
I have spoken.
I would cry.
Honest.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2h6q1tgo said:
vin.couve12":2h6q1tgo said:
I don't care who does what. It's a man to man thing and it's disgusting, dishonorable, and is just plain wrong. The end.

EDIT: In my line of work, most companies have a BS clause where you can be denied work for up to a year due to trade secrets, but thankfully, WA does not recognize it (most companies don't try to enforce anyway). No one should ever, ever, ever own the sole rights to your employment under any circumstances. The fact that it's football and millions of dollars are involved is irrelevant.
Meh, IMHO you are getting caught up in “the drama”, it’s like getting upset over what someone says on Facebook.

As for employment, loyalty is a 2 way street. Ask Sherm about the teams loyalty to him when he got cut.
My longtime job is going away in April of next year, after 24 years, my company has zero loyalty to its employees, just so the CEO and the executives can add a few more dollars to their already extremely bloated salaries.

So spare me the employees need to be loyal servants act.

Employees don't need to be loyal at all nor should they be. Loyalty is another one of those made up BS things to make people feel better and/or a guise for employers to take advantage. I never said anything about loyalty.

EDIT: I have also never held the money aspect against Earl. He saw what happened to Sherm, Kam, and countless other NFL players and is merely just doing what's best for him. I do not blame him for that what so ever.

Outside of Earl being a one year rental that we need to get something for and also the fact that he's always had that 1st round pick/Luke Keuchly overrated aspect, he needs to be a better teammate and he also needs to not solicit himself to other teams while under contract that he signed. It's not really about that though. It makes absolute perfect sense to deal him, under the circumstances. He's gone now or less than a year from now. There's no choice in that except a highest paid FS contract, which isn't worth it in the slightest.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":35ammscm said:
EDIT: I have also never held the money aspect against Earl. He saw what happened to Sherm, Kam, and countless other NFL players and is merely just doing what's best for him. I do not blame him for that what so ever.

So you would rather lose Earl Thomas than pay him $11+ million to remain a Seahawk for at least another season?

The franchise tag is better than the deal Earl has RIGHT NOW: $8.5 million with nothing guaranteed.

I get that some players don't like being franchised because it means less guaranteed money, but that's part of the deal of being an NFL player. Earl has made tens of millions of dollars under these rules.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3rwnzqp4 said:
vin.couve12":3rwnzqp4 said:

So you would rather lose Earl Thomas than pay him $11+ million to remain a Seahawk for at least another season?

The franchise tag is better than the deal Earl has RIGHT NOW: $8.5 million with nothing guaranteed.

I get that some players don't like being franchised because it means less guaranteed money, but that's part of the deal of being an NFL player. Earl has made tens of millions of dollars under these rules.
I would never franchise tag a player. And I don't see it as a loss, but rather the accumulation of future assets due to the fact that the loss is inevitable within a years time.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3ndgzzm7 said:
he needs to be a better teammate

Earl Thomas has the same leadership qualities as Bobby Wagner. He leads by the example of his extraordinary work ethic.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2xcjamgg said:
vin.couve12":2xcjamgg said:

Earl Thomas has the same leadership qualities as Bobby Wagner. He leads by the example of his extraordinary work ethic.
No he does not. He doesn't call the plays by Wagner and has never been an on field adjuster like Wagner for the front 7 in run defense nor like Kam for the back 7 in pass coverage. Work ethic in the NFL is not unique.

On top of that, if you don't replace ET with a player like Terrell and instead replace them with a player like McDougald, you see little to no drop off. We went from 17ppg to 16ppg with McDougald playing FS. Kam can be the eyes for the new SS, whomever that is, just as he was for McDougald last year, in McDougald's own words.

adeltaY

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2e7e0bsi said:
hawknation2018":2e7e0bsi said:
vin.couve12":2e7e0bsi said:

No he does not. He doesn't call the plays by Wagner and has never been an on field adjuster like Wagner for the front 7 in run defense nor like Kam for the back 7 in pass coverage. Work ethic in the NFL is not unique.

On top of that, if you don't replace ET with a player like Terrell and instead replace them with a player like McDougald, you see little to no drop off. We went from 17ppg to 16ppg with McDougald playing FS. Kam can be the eyes for the new SS, whomever that is, just as he was for McDougald last year, in McDougald's own words.

Again McDougald played two games at FS against Cousins and Stanton. Tiny sample size. Using that to say we'd be fine at FS with McDougald long term is a leap. You obviously have something against Earl and really like Bobby so you come off really biased. I like them both, a lot. You don't get to he a 5X All Pro being replaceable by Bradley McDougald.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Kinger95":3u9aqycb said:
The Seahawks v Texans game is on nfl tv right now. Earl got his doors blown off by will fuller on the 1st score of the game. Got caught flat footed and took too long to react and was 2 steps behind and never even got close to contesting the catch. Was actually kinda sad how helpless he looked but it was a good play and a fast receiver but still

Yes, and he got a pick six on Watson shortly after. Got beat and then came back and made a great play. That's what great players do.

JGreen79

Reaction score
adeltaY":208sex17 said:
Kinger95":208sex17 said:
The Seahawks v Texans game is on nfl tv right now. Earl got his doors blown off by will fuller on the 1st score of the game. Got caught flat footed and took too long to react and was 2 steps behind and never even got close to contesting the catch. Was actually kinda sad how helpless he looked but it was a good play and a fast receiver but still

Yes, and he got a pick six on Watson shortly after. Got beat and then came back and made a great play. That's what great players do.

If I remember correctly didn't he get beat by something they hadn't seen on film, and he recognized it the second time for the pick?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My favorite Hawk, will suck, but there are reasons on both sides that make a lot of sense. Keeping him or not.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Will be sad if he gets traded, one of my favorite Hawks and likely HOF bound. If his heart isn't in playing for Seattle anymore though, makes sense to get what they can. The Justin Reid interest makes sense, taller leaner measurable version of Earl but I don't know if we will ever see a player with the pre-snap knowledge and sideline to sideline range he had.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":304aeed2 said:
My favorite Hawk, will suck, but there are reasons on both sides that make a lot of sense. Keeping him or not.

Gotta get something for him because he is gone after this season. If we were a contender this year I would want him to stay. All his pals are gone so I don't think his allegiance will be there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
After cutting Dez, the Cowboys don't have the cap space to take on Earl's salary and have enough left for their draft picks, UDFAs and replacement players for those who are IR'd.

2_0_6

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":20ohluah said:
After cutting Dez, the Cowboys don't have the cap space to take on Earl's salary and have enough left for their draft picks, UDFAs and replacement players for those who are IR'd.

Room can always be made if a team truly wants someone.

redhawk253

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1sc9f97p said:
Thats funny because thats the opposite of what clayton is reporting...

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Technically they have the space, but not once you count in the money they need to sign draftees. They'd need to get Earl extended to reduce his 2018 cap hit, but it's possible, but they'd likely have to make some other moves to lower their cap to have room to deal with injuries and such moving forward. They are definitely up against it when it comes to the cap.

[urltargetblank]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/[/urltargetblank]

Cowboys show $9,143,322.00 for top 51 after Dez and $1,954318.00 projected with the draft pool.

Earl Thomas is currently at $8.5 million.

Latest posts