Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Tsunrise1982/status/979072785589854208[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/979073225891164166[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, the Sherm pic has been up on the parking area of Century Link since he got traded. I didn't really look this morning, but I'll take a peek over after work :)

RCATES

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2zviwk0z said:
NFL defensive players worth that kind of money? I'll pay 12 to 15 million per year for Von Miller, or Khalil Mack, or Aaron Donald -- guys that play up on the line and can get home and totally disrupt an offense...

Or maybe a top end corner who can take away one side of the field like Sherman or Peterson or Revis in their primes...

But not a safety.

It would be difficult to justify 13 million against the cap in this era if you had a Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, or Kenny Easley in their prime.... but you definitely can't pay 13 million per year for a battered 30 year old undersized safety who used to cover ground to the tune of 4.35 in the 40, but these days gets beat deep by receivers who run 4.5 and 4.6.....

Just sayin....

I think Mack and Donald will get QB money. Somewhere in the 18-20 million a year range.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Becoming a pretty big fan of drafting Justin Reid. Terrell Edmunds is another I like that can play SS as well as deep. White can be a real hammer at SS. I like McDougald more as a FS than in the box even though he did pretty well at SS.

My concern is both of the safeties that we drafted last year. Hill can be tentative and unsure of himself and while Tedric Thompson looked to be a baller in college, he had a terrible preseason.

Earl still needs to go and McDougald is a really valuable peice, but I want serious battles for both spots.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2i4gng9a said:
I think Mack and Donald will get QB money.......

Typo??
Must have meant QP money (quarter pounder).

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Earl wanting to stay here and be in the ring of honor I don't think is a false statement by any means but also one I think brought on by the fact he overestimated what people would pay in trade for him while also knowing would have to sign to a fairly handsome deal as well. He means more to us as a leader, center fielder and ultimately an x-factor. People around the league praise him but fail to realize is arguably one of the best FS to ever lace up in the league, ever. His worth here is more to us than elsewhere and maybe the lack of push for him lessened the price. I would love to keep Earl but price would have to be fair but friendly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl, Kam, and Sherm are already in the Ring. Not sure if Brandon Browner makes it since he was here and gone so to speak nor Maxwell, Wags defiantly. So Earls comment on that is mostly just time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2bqc2z73 said:
Speaking of ROH, it sure has been a damn long time since anyone has been put in it.

Maybe Holmgren or Hasselbeck?

Can't think of anyone else from that era that'd be worthy. If not, then we're going to have to wait until this era of players from the SB teams finish their career............and in Sherman's case, stop carrying a grudge, which could take longer.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":nts9t5sh said:
Lets just get this over with please!

Completely Agree!!!

This situation has been outstanding for a very long time and regrettably will probably continue until the draft, whicjh sucks b/c uncertainty is nobody's friend here.

Curiously the team was earlier talking with ET's reps about a new deal but the team recently has said there are no ongoing discussions and he's under contract.

If he wants Eric Berry money 6 yrs/$78 mil I realy doubt the team is going to pay him that much.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i3513cz said:
tacomahawk":2i3513cz said:
Speaking of ROH, it sure has been a damn long time since anyone has been put in it.

Maybe Holmgren or Hasselbeck?

Can't think of anyone else from that era that'd be worthy. If not, then we're going to have to wait until this era of players from the SB teams finish their career............and in Sherman's case, stop carrying a grudge, which could take longer.
Is Norm Johnson in it?
I really miss that guy right now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I doubt anyone would ever give a first round pick for him. He is of that value to seahawk fans but realistically speaking he is likely entering the downward side of his career and wanting to be paid to dollar on a long term deal. I think most teams would rather roll the dice and see how their 1st round pick turns out.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If he stays, that's a dumb move. He's gone to TX after this season. Get what you can now. It should ha e happened in the frenzy, but at this point just get it done. It's basically a 1 year rental right now.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1m4vcvbx said:
If he stays, that's a dumb move. He's gone to TX after this season. Get what you can now. It should ha e happened in the frenzy, but at this point just get it done. It's basically a 1 year rental right now.

Agree. Get what you can now IMO. Schnieder needs to drop the ego and forget about "what he would give or wants" and get what the market will give. If it's a second (what I originally predicted), then take it and move on.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":3stkahjh said:
vin.couve12":3stkahjh said:

Agree. Get what you can now IMO. Schnieder needs to drop the ego and forget about "what he would give or wants" and get what the market will give. If it's a second (what I originally predicted), then take it and move on.
That's what I was thinking. Seems like pride or ego or some sort of stupid notion that will inevitably end up in loss for no good reason 'cept some dipshit feelings, which again, isn't a good reason.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm sure I speak in the minority crowd here but I'd honestly take a 2nd or even a 3rd for him at this point.

He's not getting a new deal here, that's a given. So a hold out is very possible, after that? Free agency for a 4th round comp pick (assuming they don't go heavy in free agency next year)? Doesn't sound ideal does it.

If he didn't hold out I'd be all for letting him play next year and even tagging him in 2019, although it doesn't see a very 'Seahawky' thing to do under this front office. I'd probably prefer to keep him next year rather than getting a 2nd or a 3rd on the basis that he doesn't hold out.

But Earl for half a season? That doesn't appeal to me in the slightest hence taking whatever you can get.

toffee

Reaction score
original poster":26z82www said:
I'm sure I speak in the minority crowd here but I'd honestly take a 2nd or even a 3rd for him at this point.

He's not getting a new deal here, that's a given. So a hold out is very possible, after that? Free agency for a 4th round comp pick (assuming they don't go heavy in free agency next year)? Doesn't sound ideal does it.

If he didn't hold out I'd be all for letting him play next year and even tagging him in 2019, although it doesn't see a very 'Seahawky' thing to do under this front office. I'd probably prefer to keep him next year rather than getting a 2nd or a 3rd on the basis that he doesn't hold out.

But Earl for half a season? That doesn't appeal to me in the slightest hence taking whatever you can get.

May be Cleveland may want him more?