Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I guess it's just a part of the game I don't understand but I find it tough seeing how a guy can get offered on the market and if no trade happens everything is great the next year and contract extension talks even happen.

In Sherman's case it didn't seem to matter in that his play on the field seemed fine last year until the injury. On the other hand Malcolm Butler was said to not have had a great year and he was in trade rumours last off-season with a year to go on his deal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2wvv4tk8 said:
I guess it's just a part of the game I don't understand but I find it tough seeing how a guy can get offered on the market and if no trade happens everything is great the next year and contract extension talks even happen.

In Sherman's case it didn't seem to matter in that his play on the field seemed fine last year until the injury. On the other hand Malcolm Butler was said to not have had a great year and he was in trade rumours last off-season with a year to go on his deal.

Because there is a discussion doesn't mean that he's being offered on the market. Being offered means they are actively seeking a trade. From what I've heard, the cowboys asked us what we'd want for Earl and then found our price to be too high. If you are actively marketing a guy, you don't put too high of a price on his head. Everything here just sounds like a team making an inquiry and us listening, but not seriously looking to get rid of the player.

John has been on record numerous times saying he'll listen to all offers for anyone. That doesn't mean they are looking to trade everyone.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1lih7yg3 said:
Because there is a discussion doesn't mean that he's being offered on the market. Being offered means they are actively seeking a trade. From what I've heard, the cowboys asked us what we'd want for Earl and then found our price to be too high. If you are actively marketing a guy, you don't put too high of a price on his head. Everything here just sounds like a team making an inquiry and us listening, but not seriously looking to get rid of the player.

John has been on record numerous times saying he'll listen to all offers for anyone. That doesn't mean they are looking to trade everyone.
This is consistent with what I have heard. Dallas called us to kick the tyres about Thomas, and we set the sticker price too high for them to be interested. That's the entirety of the interaction.

Anything apart from that is conjecture.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Kinger95":1hmxhb2x said:
toffee":1hmxhb2x said:
Cleveland really really need a safety, they have picks and cap? May be Earl to Browns will give us the best return.

If you can get them to overpay, they’ve got tons of picks and want to win this season. If you could get one of pick 33/35 and pick 64 even if you threw in a 5th that’d be good for us to restock and we currently have no picks in the 2nd or 3rd round so you figure we’re gonna be looking for some

If we could net from the Browns three 2nd Rounders, two early and one late then no kidding you pull the trigger. That would be huge in a draft that is considered to heavily favor 2nd-3rd round talent.

Shoot, Seattle could trade down from 18 to 25, maybe get ourselves a third in that process.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thanks guys, even before what happened with Sherman, I have always been of the belief (I know I am not alone) that ET was the key to our secondary. After all this, trading him would have me in the fetal position.

toffee

Reaction score
Kinger95":1pc4ja9o said:
toffee":1pc4ja9o said:
Cleveland really really need a safety, they have picks and cap? May be Earl to Browns will give us the best return.

If you can get them to overpay, they’ve got tons of picks and want to win this season. If you could get one of pick 33/35 and pick 64 even if you threw in a 5th that’d be good for us to restock and we currently have no picks in the 2nd or 3rd round so you figure we’re gonna be looking for some

Our able GM should be in the phone to Cleveland, Browns should be the perfect ending for our Earl. Somewhere he could remember the good ole days in Seattle.

Cleveland is the team that could offer multiple picks l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kinger95":2ibr9eue said:
toffee":2ibr9eue said:

Pick 18 and Earl for pick #4 is a fair trade for both teams. We could then use pick #4 to get the Bills #12th overall this year and their first round pick next year.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Steve2222":15px1j9b said:
Kinger95":15px1j9b said:
toffee":15px1j9b said:

Pick 18 and Earl for pick #4 is a fair trade for both teams. We could then use pick #4 to get the Bills #12th overall this year and their first round pick next year.

Now that they have Hyde and don’t “need” Barkley there’s a good chance that if they don’t like Fitzpatrick at 4 earl could be the best way they can improve. Plus at 18 they could potentially still get a tackle to replace Thomas

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Trading earl to Cleveland will never happen. 1. Cleveland wouldn’t make a trade unless they had a long term deal in place. 2. Earl would not sign a long term deal with Cleveland.

Steve2222

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2pr4kuou said:
Trading earl to Cleveland will never happen. 1. Cleveland wouldn’t make a trade unless they had a long term deal in place. 2. Earl would not sign a long term deal with Cleveland.

- Money talks. Cleveland has a ton of money
- Cleveland’s building a competitive roster so there could be incentive to stay
- There’s a thing called a franchise tag.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Trade him to the Browns for a 1.2 and a 3

toffee

Reaction score
These are Brown's picks:

1st Round: No. 1 overall
1st Round: No. 4 overall
2nd Round: No. 33 overall (1st in round)
2nd Round: No. 35 overall (3rd in round)
2nd Round: No. 64 overall (32nd in round)
3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round)
4th Round: No. 101 overall (1st in round)
4th Round: No. 123 overall (23rd in round)
5th Round: No. 138 overall (1st in round)
5th Round: No. 159 overall (22nd in round)
6th Round: No. 175 overall (1st in round)
7th Round: No. 219 overall (1st in round)

Sacrificing couple picks for a sure fire HOF safety in his late prime is not unreasonable. Besides, when you are the Browns, you have to overpay to get guys.

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/974401396605882368[/tweet]

Steve2222

Reaction score
toffee":3scexz93 said:
These are Brown's picks:

1st Round: No. 1 overall
1st Round: No. 4 overall
2nd Round: No. 33 overall (1st in round)
2nd Round: No. 35 overall (3rd in round)
2nd Round: No. 64 overall (32nd in round)
3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round)
4th Round: No. 101 overall (1st in round)
4th Round: No. 123 overall (23rd in round)
5th Round: No. 138 overall (1st in round)
5th Round: No. 159 overall (22nd in round)
6th Round: No. 175 overall (1st in round)
7th Round: No. 219 overall (1st in round)

Sacrificing couple picks for a sure fire HOF safety in his late prime is not unreasonable. Besides, when you are the Browns, you have to overpay to get guys.

Just giving up the 4 for the 18th pick and ET is not overpaying lol

They’d then have 3 first round draft picks and 3 second round draft picks

Steve2222

Reaction score
drrew":r4oorvvi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/974401396605882368[/tweet]

I’d do that in a heart beat

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's my favorite player on the team, and I would do that w/out a doubt. A 1st and 3rd? Absolutely. He's going to want a massive contract that the team just can't afford as it is. And IF a bunch of teams are bidding for him, the Hawks hold the cards here. Earl doesn't have a say so in where he gets traded.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Reading the replies on JLCs tweet. People do not appreciate how good ET is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's one of the best safeties of all time, and likely the best in football. If people don't see that, then they just don't get it. That being said, a guy who asked another team to come get him, and who wants a massive contract (if true) might not be in the cards to keep. I'll miss him more than any of the guys that have departed. But a 1st and 3rd rounder is apretty nice return.

drrew

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":2xk4rham said:
take the 4 from the browns and take derwin?

At 4 you hope Barkley is there, if not you take Chubb or Nelson.