Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

IndyHawk

Reaction score
massari":1ontvwra said:
Crizilla":1ontvwra said:
I want them to keep Earl because his instincts are incredibly rare. We saw how the team played 2 seasons ago with him out. I would want something more than just a first round pick from Dallas for him. But screw all of that, keep him and have him retire as a hawk. He's Polamalu level.
Which means he's got about two more good seasons left in him and with all the holes on the roster atm, doesn't seem they'll be legit SB contenders again till at least 2019 or 2020.

Trade that man ASAP.
I agree...Unload before his value drops

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2b93rk9j said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2b93rk9j said:
Not a big fan of this move.. unless it comes with Zeke and a 2nd rounder.
Um, hell to the NO! Zeke might be playing in the Texas Penal league in less than 2 seasons at the rate he is going as he is dumber than a bag of hammers!

Zach Martin and a second.

Maybe we need a RB with a chip on their shoulder. Who knows... he could be the next OJ.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I’d even consider Buffalo’s two 2nd rounders and their late 3rd. I think he’d fit well in that secondary with Micah Hyde.
Though I guess he’d “fit well” virtually anywhere, wouldn’t he?

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm really torn. On one hand he isn't going to just fall off in the next year or two, Earl will be in the top 5 FS's for the foreseeable future and has been the key piece for defensive dominance. He also gives 110% every single snap, might be the fastest sideline to sideline defender in the NFL, and his football knowledge is amazing. Whatever team he plays for will likely be in the top half of the league defensively regardless of supporting cast.

On the other hand, I'm wondering how much he agrees with Sherman on Pete's style not reaching the veterans anymore as well as being fed up with carrying the offense. He's made comments about how they always have had to bail them, nothing new, etc. If he isn't fully in behind the scenes regardless of how well he plays on the field, that may add to the rifts in the locker room environment. Guys like Russ, Kam, Bobby all buy into Pete's approach and preach it, if Earl doesn't I wonder if getting most value for him makes most sense.

I think a first and a third would be appropriate for a guy of his quality. Ultimately it's up to Pete/JS if he's a part of their core future.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Crizilla":1qlscauv said:
I want them to keep Earl because his instincts are incredibly rare. We saw how the team played 2 seasons ago with him out. I would want something more than just a first round pick from Dallas for him. But screw all of that, keep him and have him retire as a hawk. He's Polamalu level.

Polamalu didn't go to another teams coach and say come and get me on live tv....and he was playing with a high risk sex offender at that time.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3r2jrh1g said:
Crizilla":3r2jrh1g said:

Polamalu didn't go to another teams coach and say come and get me on live tv....

Oh, get over it already. Honestly.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cyrus12":vzklbyyq said:
and he was playing with a high risk sex offender at that time.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Kinger95

Reaction score
Asset wise wouldnt it make sense to trade Earl for the best possible offer. Then use the money you save on his deal to sign mathieu .

Seymour

Reaction score
Kinger95":1etmvks3 said:
Asset wise wouldnt it make sense to trade Earl for the best possible offer. Then use the money you save on his deal to sign mathieu .

Hiney Badger was asked to take a pay cut from his $10M salary and he choose to walk. Very good player, but on this team I don't see value in that personally.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Seymour":v80u33tj said:
Kinger95":v80u33tj said:

Hiney Badger was asked to take a pay cut from his $10M salary and he choose to walk. Very good player, but on this team I don't see value in that personally.

I read that he was actually not bad it’s just that Budda baker played great and made him redundant and they saved money by cutting him and also spent 20 mill on Bradford so I dunno how much cap space they have but he wasn’t a necessity there it sounds like.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Kinger95":1yf6eerd said:
Seymour":1yf6eerd said:
Kinger95":1yf6eerd said:

I read that he was actually not bad it’s just that Budda baker played great and made him redundant and they saved money by cutting him and also spent 20 mill on Bradford so I dunno how much cap space they have but he wasn’t a necessity there it sounds like.

this

Baker was younger cheaper and as talented. It made no sense to keep him. He still can be very good for some other team and could be had for a more reasonable price potentially.

vonstout

Reaction score
flmmkrz":26g4465q said:
Kinger95":26g4465q said:
Seymour":26g4465q said:
Kinger95":26g4465q said:

this

Baker was younger cheaper and as talented. It made no sense to keep him. He still can be very good for some other team and could be had for a more reasonable price potentially.

He is more concerned about going to a contender than the contract. We aren't a contender any more.

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":2um6n1eg said:
Kinger95":2um6n1eg said:

I really, really hope hiney badger sticks around here!

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":2y5hxp3k said:
Seymour":2y5hxp3k said:
Kinger95":2y5hxp3k said:

I hope they keep him behind bars!

Little did you know that typo would stick like stink on Hiney's tongue. :D

flmmkrz

Reaction score
vonstout":ah8pctyj said:
flmmkrz":ah8pctyj said:
Kinger95":ah8pctyj said:
Seymour":ah8pctyj said:

this

He is more concerned about going to a contender than the contract. We aren't a contender any more.

Doesn't every player say they're looking to play for a contender, right up until they get a good offer. Its a good talking point but hes not in the twilight of his career, hes still looking to get paid.... and we're not elite but we're a bubble playoff team, and maybe with the right pick ups we're in the thick of things again. Im sure if he had an offer here he'd consider it. Assuming the team has any interest.

ducks41468

Reaction score
vonstout":f5vsie3u said:
I read that they are asking for a first and a third rounder and several teams are interested and we may get more than that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-eyeing ... 29345.html

I think you have to pull the trigger if you get a package like that. We've already jettisoned Sherman and Bennett and Kam/Avril are likely done, so may as well go all the way and start over. Only thing that makes me hesitant is with how poorly we draft those picks may lead to nothing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":kntp1tdz said:
original poster":kntp1tdz said:
Seymour":kntp1tdz said:
Kinger95":kntp1tdz said:

I hope they keep him behind bars!

Little did you know that typo would stick like stink on Hiney's tongue. :D

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974838353676955649[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Wow, that doesn't seem like much for such a good player.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/974844297739718656[/tweet]