Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dallas is trying to lowball the Hawks, time to work on a deal elsewhere. The Jerrah is clearly interested and if another team were to make an offer that he needed to beat they'd do deal as their defensive backfield is pretty weak.

I think the right price is minimally a 2018 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and future 2019 2nd or better.

Do we know if Thomas has a trade veto clause in his present deal?

RCATES

Reaction score
lukerguy":diq6ihzt said:
toffee":diq6ihzt said:
lukerguy":diq6ihzt said:
The Seahawks gave up a 2nd/3rd for Duane Brown- 1.5 years left on deal, disgruntled hold out 4 years older than Earl.

It would be completely hypocritical for them to accept anything less for a player 4 years younger that still have the option to Tag or pay and make the highest paid safety.

If they tag earl next year they still get 2 years at a decent price plus comp.

He aint leaving here for anything less than a 1.

Earl should have been traded by now and gotten his long term contract, Hawks should have gotten the draft picks and cap relief. None is happening because Earl’s act of pimping himself in Cowgirls’ locker room.

No ownership or GM could willingly sign someone who WILL insult the fans and disrespect the team. Jerry has all the leverage and is enjoying the clown show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, one missed playoff season and fans turn into this... SMH

Earl didn't disrespect anyone and we shouldn't have traded him coming off of a broken leg.. The year before that Hawks were just coming off of a divisional loss and 2 years removed from a SB loss.. You going to trade Earl with one of the best contracts in the league at age 25/26?

C'mon man, listen to yourself. There's no rationale here.

I will admit they missed their window with Sherman last off season and thought that if they could have gotten a 1st for him, they should have, but not Earl at his age, contract, and impact.

Wish I shared your Enthusiasm. Sadly reality is this team has a garbage draft due to JS being a moron, Wilson doesn't show up until the 4th quarter, Half of the defense that carried a poorly coached team is now gone, Rams flat out embarrassed us at the Clink. Last year may have been the first (missed playoffs) in awhile but this team isn't sniffing the playoffs for the next 5 years. You can take that to the bank. Too many mistakes made to recover from anytime soon.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22zf1rik said:
Truth. All it takes is one team to make an offer they think is good enough. This is Earl Thomas we are talking about. One of the best safeties in the history of the game.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If that were even remotely, same planet true...they'd be lining up for the guy.

Seymour

Reaction score
toffee":2ggyd5b3 said:
Seymour":2ggyd5b3 said:
Lazy reporting. Boys are just one of 31 possibilities.
true but our HOF fs already explicitly declared his heart belongs to the Jerry.

Which hurts the team in a trade... But using franchise tag against him is within reason to get a deal somewhere else also.

One thing you can bank on right now (pre-draft week). Anything a team says tipping their hand in 99% bullshit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So you don't think Earl is one of the best in the history of the game? Agree to disagree. And he's still very good. He's worth a good return still.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":37cov4j9 said:
lukerguy":37cov4j9 said:
toffee":37cov4j9 said:
lukerguy":37cov4j9 said:
The Seahawks gave up a 2nd/3rd for Duane Brown- 1.5 years left on deal, disgruntled hold out 4 years older than Earl.

It would be completely hypocritical for them to accept anything less for a player 4 years younger that still have the option to Tag or pay and make the highest paid safety.

If they tag earl next year they still get 2 years at a decent price plus comp.

He aint leaving here for anything less than a 1.

Earl should have been traded by now and gotten his long term contract, Hawks should have gotten the draft picks and cap relief. None is happening because Earl’s act of pimping himself in Cowgirls’ locker room.

No ownership or GM could willingly sign someone who WILL insult the fans and disrespect the team. Jerry has all the leverage and is enjoying the clown show.

Earl didn't disrespect anyone and we shouldn't have traded him coming off of a broken leg.. The year before that Hawks were just coming off of a divisional loss and 2 years removed from a SB loss.. You going to trade Earl with one of the best contracts in the league at age 25/26?

I will admit they missed their window with Sherman last off season and thought that if they could have gotten a 1st for him, they should have, but not Earl at his age, contract, and impact.

Wish I shared your Enthusiasm. Sadly reality is this team has a garbage draft due to JS being a moron, Wilson doesn't show up until the 4th quarter, Half of the defense that carried a poorly coached team is now gone, Rams flat out embarrassed us at the Clink. Last year may have been the first (missed playoffs) in awhile but this team isn't sniffing the playoffs for the next 5 years. You can take that to the bank. Too many mistakes made to recover from anytime soon.

That is the most ridiculous statement you've made yet. Congrats dude! :snack:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The Cowboys are trying to trade up for James. Earl isn't their priority. And even then, they'll wager between Fitzpatrick and Reid. Earl is only possible if they don't get what they want.

That said, hopefully no one trades with Dallas in the top 10.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28vhzy0y said:
So you don't think Earl is one of the best in the history of the game? Agree to disagree. And he's still very good. He's worth a good return still.
No and he might be worth a 2nd in the best case scenario for the Hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I never said he was going to get a 1st, not once. He should be able to get a 2 and a 3, maybe even a 2 this year and a 2 next year. Not gonna' get a 1.

And you know all this about Dallas because you are part of their front office? Got it

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37fjjivo said:
Can this site get a little more negative and/or doom and gloom? :?

"This site" is just hanging out and minding it's own business. That depth of gloom is actually rare here IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I guess so, but it seems like quite a few people expect the worst, all the time.
Oh well, to each his/her own. It's nothing personal, just how it looks. Anyway, have a good night. Go Hawks!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If you have James and Reid on the table and you're already near cap max, you don't trade for Earl. Most wouldn't do it anyway otherwise he wouldn't be here or there would be a ton of reported buzz. That would be too many teams to keep a lid on regardless of how secretive the Hawks are. That logically means there aren't a lot of teams in a very simple deduction.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We'll never know, even after the fact who was interested or not. Oh well. Whatever happens, I can see both sides.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3rjp19re said:
Lazy reporting. Boys are just one of 31 possibilities.

It's not lazy reporting, it's calculated leverage leaking reporting.

What have we heard out of both the Hawks and Cowboys the past month?

Hawks: "We love Earl, we expect him here this year ready to go."
Cowboys: "Earl isn't a priority, we're moving on."

It's all media spin puked up by both teams to make the other think they're either not interested anymore and you're going to have to come down on your asking price if you're the Cowboys.............or we're just fine with Earl playing here so if you want him you better give us our asking price if you're Hawks.

I still only give this trade a 50/50 chance of happening. But make no mistake, both sides are lying through their teeth. The Cowboys want Earl, and we want to trade Earl. This is the dance.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":3bpy269e said:
RCATES":3bpy269e said:
lukerguy":3bpy269e said:
toffee":3bpy269e said:

That is the most ridiculous statement you've made yet. Congrats dude! :snack:

Will happily bump this 5 years from now when I'm right.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fact is we value him more than the rest of the league. He likely has 2 good years left in him if he's lucky enough to stay healthy. He probably wants a 5 yr deal. There is immediate impact in obtaining him but some real long term risk as he starts to decline. I would be fine with a 3rd and 4th this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year. Like it or not were in a rebuild on defence.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":s478akjn said:
Dallas is trying to lowball the Hawks, time to work on a deal elsewhere. The Jerrah is clearly interested and if another team were to make an offer that he needed to beat they'd do deal as their defensive backfield is pretty weak.

I think the right price is minimally a 2018 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and future 2019 2nd or better.

Do we know if Thomas has a trade veto clause in his present deal?

Well if a leak saying the Skins or the Giants are looking at him the chatter would change a bit, Jerry's Kids may be playing the coy card but they do not want a player the makes a whole defense better in their divison unless he has a Star on his Helmet.