Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
kf3339":26iyaw67 said:
Silver Hawk":26iyaw67 said:
vin.couve12":26iyaw67 said:
This needs to hurry up and get done now. The longer they wait, the more teams are going to fill and feel better about positions and their defenses overall, driving the price down.

JS really is screwing this one up right now. Get it done already. You can't wait until training camp when he's holding out and teams are already holding competition. If he's banking on injury then he's an idiot. If he's trying to get Earl 13M or more then he's an idiot too. Stop crying and cut it out. Get some whiskey and a stick to bite on or whatever, just get it done.

Edit: No sane GM gives up a 1st and 3rd for Thomas. A 1st should get it done. A 1st and a player is a great deal for the Hawks.

Should have got it done before the market realized Seattle was going to dump most of the roster. Now, everyone knows there is no reason for Seattle to keep ET. Just wait it out and the Seahawks will take less and less, as every day goes by. Kind of a horse race between fear and greed for teams who are interested, as well as for Seattle.

There are still several weeks left to get a good deal done. Teams are now looking at either a trade or taking a shot in the draft. There are no Sure Things in the draft. Remember Curry?

ET is a sure thing. Unless of course you're right and we wait too long, but for me that is by the end of the draft. Then he waited too long.

Sure, there could still be a good deal. I just think that the odds of gettting a great deal have declined - since the world now sees “blood in the water” in Seattle. It wasn’t that way 6 weeks ago.

Own The West

Reaction score
Define “wait too long”. June 1st? Tuesday? Week 8 after a contender’s starter blows his ACL?

I don’t see the urgency. We don’t have to do anything if the value’s not there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We'll get a bowl of Ds for Earl when he's holding out.

And the more teams fill holes, the better they'll feel about their rosters. It's pretty simple.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
lukerguy":2wp28eum said:
He's got 1-2 great season left, 1-2 good seasons left after that.. minimum 2 maximum 4 and at an expensive price.

If you can possibly get what the reports are saying you take it and run with it. 1st and 3rd?! That's one top end starter and another likely starter for minimum 5 years..

Pete's thing is his secondary... Do you think it's just a coincidence that mostly everyone who comes in to play in the secondary plays well? Earl is the exception to this with great instincts and passion, but he's one more injury away from being worthless, and as you know this risk increases with age.

Hawks could have gotten a 1st or 2nd for Sherm last year, and decided to hang on. I don't think they'll make the same decision.
There's no mystery about cover 3. It's extremely old and it's the most conservative defense there is outside of cover 4 and prevent.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
I don’t see us getting a 1st for ET. He’s a great player, but I have trouble believing that any team would give up that much.

This is likely just a bit of panic mode on JS side in trying to recoup some of the poor choices that he made which lost us all our draft picks in the first place.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
There's no way I would give up a 1st, if I'm another team, and probably not even a 2nd unless I had an extra pick in that round. He's not necessary to run any kind of defense and you can't put him up in the box to make more plays if you wanted to and you can't put him up in the box if he starts to slow down. He's not remotely sturdy enough. Teams have their own problems and they don't look at Earl on their knees like our fans do.

massari

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":1j7xqgif said:
I don’t see us getting a 1st for ET. He’s a great player, but I have trouble believing that any team would give up that much
Schneids would. He'll even throw in a Pro Bowl O-Lineman or a 3rd+7th round pick.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
massari":31lq1z5i said:
AF_BASS_MAN":31lq1z5i said:
I don’t see us getting a 1st for ET. He’s a great player, but I have trouble believing that any team would give up that much
Schneids would. He'll even throw in a Pro Bowl O-Lineman or a 3rd round pick.
Entirely different situation where they lost player after player after player. He got desperate. If JS is thinking of using the desperation of another team then first they have to have the oh shit need. Then on top of that, Earl will be holding out at that point. It won't work that way.

massari

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1pw7tvaz said:
massari":1pw7tvaz said:
AF_BASS_MAN":1pw7tvaz said:
Entirely different situation where they lost player after player after player. He got desperate. If JS is thinking of using the desperation of another team then first they have to have the oh shit need. Then on top of that, Earl will be holding out at that point. It won't work that way.
Graham = Unger+1st

Harvin = 1st+3rd+7th+$12M per year... Gave all that up for Harvin when they could've had Tate for $6M per+ all those draft picks.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
massari":3d83ifhj said:
vin.couve12":3d83ifhj said:
massari":3d83ifhj said:
AF_BASS_MAN":3d83ifhj said:
Graham = Unger+1st

Harvin = 1st+3rd+7th+$12M per year... Gave all that up for Harvin when they could've had Tate for $6M per+ all those draft picks.

Exactly my point. The only GM out there who would make this trade is JS himself.

I do believe that we will trade ET soon though.

However everyone on here is going to go insane when we only get a 7th rounder for him.

seabowl

Reaction score
If he is traded it will be during the draft

Kinger95

Reaction score
Ya most likely at the draft. A potential suitor might be seeing if Derwin James is available when they pick or if they can pick him up. If the browns trade 4 to the bills for 12 if they get Derwin at 12 then there’s no deal there but if Derwin James goes before 12 maybe they look to trade for Earl . Browns were just an example it could be any team really. Might even be for an early second but I doubt we trade him for anything less than a top 40 pick

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Kinger95":3tamx82d said:
Ya most likely at the draft. A potential suitor might be seeing if Derwin James is available when they pick or if they can pick him up. If the browns trade 4 to the bills for 12 if they get Derwin at 12 then there’s no deal there but if Derwin James goes before 12 maybe they look to trade for Earl . Browns were just an example it could be any team really. Might even be for an early second but I doubt we trade him for anything less than a top 40 pick

I know you just used the Browns as an example, but if the Browns did acquire ET, along with all the other acquisitions they made in FA, the Browns will make for an interesting team to pay attention to in the 2018 season.

A lot of solid pieces in place there now. Might not be the same old story from Cleveland.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2rku6epz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/975520380017434624[/tweet]

That he won’t be a Seahawk for much longer.

#rebuildinfulleffect

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the Front office setting up for possibilities, no stone unturned, why everyone is being interviewed and looked at.

original poster

Reaction score
No chance he gets traded on draft day IMO. It will be this week or next if he's moved.

original poster

Reaction score
The Jags seem to be clearing an awful lot of cap space over the last several hours.

They wouldn't, would they?

They have the following picks -

Screen Shot 2018 03 21 at 163642

12forlife

Reaction score
original poster":1kyq4eje said:
The Jags seem to be clearing an awful lot of cap space over the last several hours.

I would be ok with it if we got pick # 29 & 93.

They are probably clearing enough room to bring in Suh!! :(

rossob

Reaction score
12forlife":1dty9rpu said:
original poster":1dty9rpu said:

I would be ok with it if we got pick # 29 & 93.

They are probably clearing enough room to bring in Suh!! :(

Could also be that they are just trying to stay ahead of the curve so they don't end up like us so soon.