Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":27h5tg43 said:
About Hurd...this is the guy with the stress fractures in his back, right?

Correct.

6'4" 235ish and played RB at Tennessee with Alvin Kamera. Started getting hurt at that size and decided there was no future for him at RB so transferred to Baylor and played WR for a season.

That history makes him damn near perfect for Shanahan. He can move him all over and have him play WR, TE, RB...whatever. He'd actually be the biggest RB on the team. In camp he was starting fights for blocking just a bit too long. Feisty. He's actually the guy that was sitting next to Kittle in the booth on Monday Night.

He played one preseason game, scored 2 TDs, and has been hurt ever since.

They also lost Trent Taylor to a broken foot, but sounds like he got an infection so he is likely done for the year.

Niners can bring back 2 guys from IR from Jalen Hurd, Kentavious Street, Trent Taylor and Jason Verrett.

I'm hoping for Street and Hurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPb60VkYJRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYyXc3N7hk&t=163s

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Street and Hurd would be the only two players they would realistically want back.Verrett's just at a position with a lot of skill there already (as there is throughout the defense really). I think KS has just made up his mind about him.

CJB meanwhile is on an offense with more positions of need. Shan's shown versatility is a big thing with him and likes CJB, so I wonder if he's taking reps as a receiver where their needs are. It would make sense. He knows the playbook, he went through camp, and he is fearless about being hit.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":20ipdzus said:
Street and Hurd would be the only two players they would realistically want back.Verrett's just at a position with a lot of skill there already (as there is throughout the defense really). I think KS has just made up his mind about him.

CJB meanwhile is on an offense with more positions of need. Shan's shown versatility is a big thing with him and likes CJB, so I wonder if he's taking reps as a receiver where their needs are. It would make sense. He knows the playbook, he went through camp, and he is fearless about being hit.

I think the thing with CJB is that they like him and don't want to let him walk for free.

Might be misguided, might be that they simply really like him...dunno...but its not to play another position.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya Marv, but come spring 2020, the market for CJB will be even softer than any offers (if any, even informally) that they entertained in 2019. His stats will be a year more stale, especially as it's pretty unlikely he'll get any game time.

The trade/FA market next year will be full of QBs who've started 2019 games or been put in one, many of whom have greater than a 37.3 QBR stat https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... atC.00.htm

I don't think they can trade him in a fresh season no.

You've heard KS say he'd rather contemplate a 45-man roster than waiving someone "who we really like." CJB isn't just a placeholder, but neither is he someone the 9ers should think can keep them in the game.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1fzykmde said:
I hear ya Marv, but come spring 2020, the market for CJB will be even softer than any offers (if any, even informally) that they entertained in 2019. His stats will be a year more stale, especially as it's pretty unlikely he'll get any game time.

The trade/FA market next year will be full of QBs who've started 2019 games or been put in one, many of whom have greater than a 37.3 QBR stat https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... atC.00.htm

I don't think they can trade him in a fresh season no.

You've heard KS say he'd rather contemplate a 45-man roster than waiving someone "who we really like." CJB isn't just a placeholder, but neither is he someone the 9ers should think can keep them in the game.

I don't disagree with you.

I'm just sayin thats why I think he's still on the roster.

If its me, I'd like to see them trade him for whatever they can get and draft another late next year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I said before trade deadline that I thought they might get a seventh for him. But in the spring, not too sure. Plenty of draft prospects/UDFAs/FA QBs coming next year.

The Friday practice should be avail soon. If Sanders/Kittle are DNPs, I think that's what's going to happen vs. Cards.

At this point, it may just be on KS to live with. With regards to the WR crew in particular, I think Shan has let personal feelings get too much in the way. Pettis is a recent high rounder from Shanalynch; Bourne related by marriage; Goodwin beset by infant death and miscarriage. But the football priority has always been this: Catch the ball.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":d1kpdkl9 said:
I said before trade deadline that I thought they might get a seventh for him. But in the spring, not too sure. Plenty of draft prospects/UDFAs/FA QBs coming next year.

The Friday practice should be avail soon. If Sanders/Kittle are DNPs, I think that's what's going to happen vs. Cards.

At this point, it may just be on KS to live with. With regards to the WR crew in particular, I think Shan has let personal feelings get too much in the way. Pettis is a recent high rounder from Shanalynch; Bourne related by marriage; Goodwin beset by infant death and miscarriage. But the football priority has always been this: Catch the ball.

I already know they weren't on the field to start practice.

I wouldn't read TOO much into that in Sanders case because he was always going to be a gametime decision. Pretty sure Kittle is out.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1195458007695364096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1195454018371215360[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1195452982873079808[/tweet]

olyfan63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c2d9gyk said:
Marvin49":1c2d9gyk said:
Well that's just peachy. Sigh.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1192479108351037441[/tweet]
Watch the game come down to a 50-yard field goal attempt by SF, lol. (And no, the 'lol' is not laughing at your injured kicker, it's laughing at the idea of that scenario happening for a backup kicker.)

Freakin Psychic, you called it, days ahead of time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
olyfan63":3cy3k5rj said:
RolandDeschain":3cy3k5rj said:
Marvin49":3cy3k5rj said:
Well that's just peachy. Sigh.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1192479108351037441[/tweet]
Watch the game come down to a 50-yard field goal attempt by SF, lol. (And no, the 'lol' is not laughing at your injured kicker, it's laughing at the idea of that scenario happening for a backup kicker.)

Freakin Psychic, you called it, days ahead of time.
*Bows for the audience.*

;)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I still think something is going on w/Gould.

His FG completions are about 65 percent now. At some point there's more to it than blaming the LS or a fluke that supposedly only showed up in a Tuesday "bonus practice."

Neither the team nor fans seem to be upset about giving Chase McDaniels another game. If Chase does well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gould put on the IR.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":9tts7kil said:

His FG completions are about 65 percent now. At some point there's more to it than blaming the LS or a fluke that supposedly only showed up in a Tuesday "bonus practice."

Neither the team nor fans seem to be upset about giving Chase McDaniels another game. If Chase does well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gould put on the IR.

I honestly think he's butthurt because they wouldn't trade him back to Chicago like he wanted. I think he's trying to get traded by being bad without being obvious. Watch if he goes back to Chicago all the sudden he'll have a miraculous comeback.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Washington49er":2pf9qg72 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2pf9qg72 said:

I honestly think he's butthurt because they wouldn't trade him back to Chicago like he wanted. I think he's trying to get traded by being bad without being obvious. Watch if he goes back to Chicago all the sudden he'll have a miraculous comeback.

I think he's (stunner): Injured.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I think he's hurt too, but I think that he didn't just do it at just at that Tuesday "bonus practice." before Seattle.

More like the situation w/Stephen G at the Pats.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":36bn5osb said:
Washington49er":36bn5osb said:
SantaClaraHawk":36bn5osb said:

It's just stupid to think otherwise. More than any other position, kickers are at the whim of success or failure of a single play. Why the hell would Chicago want him if he's missing kicks? Average kickers can be found on the cheap. As the fan of a team suffering kicking woes going on 3 seasons, NO kicker interested in employment will intentionally miss.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
71541974_2709423249080464_896357660335538176_n.jpg

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":qldaqi0n said:
Marvin49":qldaqi0n said:
Washington49er":qldaqi0n said:
SantaClaraHawk":qldaqi0n said:

It's just stupid to think otherwise. More than any other position, kickers are at the whim of success or failure of a single play. Why the hell would Chicago want him if he's missing kicks? Average kickers can be found on the cheap. As the fan of a team suffering kicking woes going on 3 seasons, NO kicker interested in employment will intentionally miss.

One of the best kickers in the league for years, wants to go back to Chicago, 49ers say no, the very next season all the sudden he misses kicks he could do in his sleep. Misses started at the beginning of the season, didn't claim to be injured until right before the 9th game of the season. Ya has to be injury, couldn't possibly be anything else.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":pewh17pn said:
Maulbert":pewh17pn said:
Marvin49":pewh17pn said:
Washington49er":pewh17pn said:

One of the best kickers in the league for years, wants to go back to Chicago, 49ers say no, the very next season all the sudden he misses kicks he could do in his sleep. Misses started at the beginning of the season, didn't claim to be injured until right before the 9th game of the season. Ya has to be injury, couldn't possibly be anything else.

Blair Walsh had an 85.2% accuracy rate from 2012-15. He missed one chip shot 27 yarder in the playoffs. His accuracy dropped to 73.3% his last two seasons. He's out of the league now. Shit happens. Could Gould's dissatisfaction with the 49ers be affecting his play? Perhaps. But I guarantee if it is, it's only subconsciously. Actively blowing kicks is just stupid.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":zo4iw8od said:
Washington49er":zo4iw8od said:
Maulbert":zo4iw8od said:
Marvin49":zo4iw8od said:

Blair Walsh had an 85.2% accuracy rate from 2012-15. He missed one chip shot 27 yarder in the playoffs. His accuracy dropped to 73.3% his last two seasons. He's out of the league now. $h!t happens. Could Gould's dissatisfaction with the 49ers be affecting his play? Perhaps. But I guarantee if it is, it's only subconsciously. Actively blowing kicks is just stupid.

Exactly, I'm not saying he is intentionally missing. The reason he wanted to be back in Chicago was to be closer to his family, heads not in the game.