Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":2qeeyxx5 said:
I get that the receivers dropped balls, but Jimmy was lucky to come away with only one INT. I'm not sure how you could watch his performance and think he played well. He looked like a guy in over his head. I'm not going to say that one bad game can define who Garoppolo is going forward, but we shouldn't pretend it's meaningless or write off his performance to the poor play of others. This was his first real test as a starter, and he did not have a good game. That doesn't mean he's a bad QB, or that he's finally been exposed.
He would have had 5 picks if it wasn’t for a bogus flag on Shaq’s pick early and if our defense could hang on to footballs that hit them in the hands. Not impressed by Crappallo. He’s not good under constant pressure. He got exposed a bit tonight.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1rmtw2sy said:
Marvin49":1rmtw2sy said:
Ezekiel38":1rmtw2sy said:
Marvin49":1rmtw2sy said:
Bourne drop/INT was HUGE, but I think it started before that. When Richburg got hurt it put Ben Garland in the game. He got beaten like a drum and that caused the Reed sack/fumble.

I hate it when games come down to injuries. Seahawks didn't have Lockette down the stretch either.

Still really hard not to look at ALL of those drops and think what might have been.

Agreed. The drops were devastating, esp the two by Bourne. The almost pick six and then the one on 3rd down which was perfectly thrown by Jimmy for a 1st and goal when we were down 21-18. Good chance to go in and score and make it 25-21 if he catches that easy ball and make RW score a TD to win and where a FG does nothing for them.

What might have been indeed. I like Bourne but those drops cost us the game. Good point on Richburg coming out before the sack/fumble. Oh well...on to the next one. The silver lining is I have not lost any confidence in this team with a healthy Kittle and Sanders to get the #1 seed. Cannot see Seattle winning more than two of their next four. Maybe they will surprise like they did tonight.

Oh, I have concerns...

Nither tackle played well. THEY looked like the 4th and 5th string guys. Kittle and Sanders both hurt.

Bourne and Pettis have always made this mistakes. Can't have that. Samuel is getting better, but still rookie mistakes.

What kills me is what the talking heads will say now RE Garoppolo...and then completely leave out all of the drops or how all of those drives would have extended.

The talking heads...sigh. And JG played very well this game in my opinion and did what was needed to lead the team to a victory. And did it more than once. That is a reason I still have much belief in how far this team can go this season; I trust JG in high-leverage moments to come through. He did come through. Bourne and others did not. I don't think I can bare to watch the ignorant punditry claim this game was a knock against JG, and even worse RW lost the game for the Seahawks with his pick before he won it. And now the media drools all over him even more. Kinda like Brady against KC last year when he lost the game on his pick and bailed out by Dee Ford's neutral zone penalty and he gets another chance. And then goes on and wins another SB and more accolades from the media. Disgusting.

And yes the starting tackles looked worse than the rookies who replaced them. My guess is Kittle is back for the GB game, and I have no idea about Sanders' rib injury and how long he will be out.

I still think we will prove to be the best team in the NFC when the season is over if we are fully healthy with all our guys back by the GB game. We will see.

The best team you've beaten is Pissburgh. Chill.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LOL @ Ezekiel thinking Jimmy G. played well. Wow. He's lucky his stat line doesn't read four or five ints, instead of just one along with two lost fumbles. The "coming through in big moments" part particularly cracks me up.

Look...it's good that you manned up and came back tonight to congratulate us. Kudos for that. However, you are just being BLIND about your QB. What I saw tonight ensures that I won't be worried about your QUARTERBACK winning the game for you in Seattle later this season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":tdil9izt said:
Congrats on the win. Not gonna eat crow as we straight up gave you the game with turnovers and dropped balls. Could not anticipate that and this one leaves a sour taste for obvious reasons.

You are not better than us that's for damn sure. But you got the W and that's what mattered tonight.

Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win. We could not overcome Kendrick Bourne and it cost us the game.

You left out the officiating, the Seahawks were better than the 9ers AND the officials and their obvious bias. Hell, were the announcers paid as well?.....Also, the Hawks are better than the 9ers, it was proven in front of all of us.

I find it entertainingly humerous and have for all my years on here when opposing fans spend more time HERE than on their own boards, then waste hours typing up stuff that all of us just laugh at. Go ahead...Hahahahahaha.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1vn0f5fi said:
Uncle Si":1vn0f5fi said:
One team makes errors, the other makes plays.

Couple 9ers fans not understanding their own hypocrisy.

The errors were the plethora of wide receiver drops, one for almost a pick six and the others in critical high-leverage situations. Obv we are not as good without Kittle and Sanders, although I wish that were not the case and that our 5th and 6th string wide outs can make plays without also making critical errors not caused at all by the opponent's defense.

The JimmyG fumbles were errors caused by great plays from your Dline, and I credit your team for making those plays. The 14 points off those turnovers were well deserved, as your O was also able to capitalize and get TDs off those turnovers, which is not easy to do against our D, even with a short field.

The Bourne drop and INT was the turning point of the game. Devastating mistake. Our guys need to be better. We saw how important Kittle and Sanders are to our offense. Without them we will have to pull out close games and play mistake free to win against better teams. We weren't able to do that tonight.

Congrats again on the win. Enjoy it.

Both teams made errors.. it's why the game was close.

Everything you're claiming kept your team from winning Seattle also did to keep the game close.

The passive aggressive approach is a little soft considering all your pregame hype

penihawk

Reaction score
Which drops are Marvin wondering about that changed the game for Jimmy G? The 4 or 5 by or LB’s & secondary or his own team? Frankly it amazes me they were 8-0 in spite of him playing QB. I’ll be surprised if they win more than 3 games down the stretch with him as the QB.

The Hawks have their own problems but it’s definitely not the QB. I was utterly shocked however to see him make a bad under throw for the game winner in OT to Hollister though. The O-line has to play much better next time out handling pass pro & the blitz.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2v4cpviy said:
It's truly amazing that the 49ers had to overcome so many obstacles, I mean playing on their home field, biggest Crowd and loudest they have had, needing Seattle to play a perfect game, no turnovers, the officials calling everything in Seattle's favor as well as Seattle having everyone on their Roster Healthy.

With all those hardships the 49ers had to deal with it's amazing they had as much fight in them as they had. Jimmy clearly should have been the Games MVP having to deal with that adversity and putting up the numbers he did, I am sure that Seattle also greased the balls before the snap so the 49er receivers had issues hanging on to the ball.

Yeah Chris, because being down 2 guys who have never dropped a pass this season (they had 7 or 8 drops), and their kicker in a game they had a chance for a game winning kick had nothing to do with the outcome.

LOL. Stop being dramatic. Seahawks won. Gratz to them. It was a big game. That doesn't mean we can't break down what happened.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Marvin49":ucesexag said:
chris98251":ucesexag said:
It's truly amazing that the 49ers had to overcome so many obstacles, I mean playing on their home field, biggest Crowd and loudest they have had, needing Seattle to play a perfect game, no turnovers, the officials calling everything in Seattle's favor as well as Seattle having everyone on their Roster Healthy.

With all those hardships the 49ers had to deal with it's amazing they had as much fight in them as they had. Jimmy clearly should have been the Games MVP having to deal with that adversity and putting up the numbers he did, I am sure that Seattle also greased the balls before the snap so the 49er receivers had issues hanging on to the ball.

Yeah Chris, because being down 2 guys who have never dropped a pass this season (they had 7 or 8 drops), and their kicker in a game they had a chance for a game winning kick had nothing to do with the outcome.

LOL. Stop being dramatic. Seahawks won. Gratz to them. It was a big game. That doesn't mean we can't break down what happened.

Sounds like excuses.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":2lhv3bba said:
I get that the receivers dropped balls, but Jimmy was lucky to come away with only one INT. I'm not sure how you could watch his performance and think he played well. He looked like a guy in over his head. I'm not going to say that one bad game can define who Garoppolo is going forward, but we shouldn't pretend it's meaningless or write off his performance to the poor play of others. This was his first real test as a starter, and he did not have a good game. That doesn't mean he's a bad QB, or that he's finally been exposed.

M'Kay,

Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

Time and time again drops KILLED them last night.

Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkStrong":1k3h1xev said:
Marvin49":1k3h1xev said:
chris98251":1k3h1xev said:

Sounds like excuses.

Seriously?

...and if the Niners won last night I'd be reading NOTHING here this morning in refernce to WHY the Seahawks lost? Please.

Discussing the reasons for the loss aren't excuses. They are THE REASONS IT HAPPENED.

Why did Niners lose?

1) Seahawks D-Line dominated. I don't know if that's because the Seahawks are that good or the Niner O-Line played that bad. Or both.

2) Drops all over the field by the WR position. That isn't an excuse. Its fact. Those guys are 49ers tho. They are on the roster. When you factor in how good a team is, how well the 49ers catch the ball is a part of that equation. Its been a problem all year and a big reason why they wanted Sanders.

Did some stuff go the 49ers way? Well of course they did. The In the grasp thing was ludicrous. Saying the dropped passes had a big impact on the game doesn't discount all else that took place.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
penihawk":31oybmdn said:
Which drops are Marvin wondering about that changed the game for Jimmy G? The 4 or 5 by or LB’s & secondary or his own team? Frankly it amazes me they were 8-0 in spite of him playing QB. I’ll be surprised if they win more than 3 games down the stretch with him as the QB.

The Hawks have their own problems but it’s definitely not the QB. I was utterly shocked however to see him make a bad under throw for the game winner in OT to Hollister though. The O-line has to play much better next time out handling pass pro & the blitz.

Hey man! Gratz on the dumbest thing I'll read all day. :D

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
...and BTW, those late almost INTs?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1194298303178932224[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1194299605728391168[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":bx3ftkzz said:
knownone":bx3ftkzz said:

M'Kay,

Not gonna say he played WELL, but I dunno how you can watch the game and not see that the drops had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the game.

They were drive extenders. One was an INT that gave Seattle the ball near the 20 (Bourne). One would have given the 49ers a 1st and goal and they ended up settling for a FG (Bourne). Another would have been a HUGE completion over the middle with room to run (Samuel). One would have extended a drive at the beginning of the game (Goodwin). Two more would have been a huge 3rd down conversions (Pettis and Juszczyk).

Now, at the end of the game he certainly made some poor throws that LBs dropped. No defense of him there, but without the OTHER drops, they are never even in that position.

I take nothing away from Seattle. They deserved it more than SF did. ther eis no question...but don't sit here and tell me that the drops didn't have anything to do with it. They were HUGE.

Well the 150 yards in non called penalties or so that should have been called on the 49ers, double helmet to helmet hit on Lockett, two face masks on Wilson, Horse collar on Wilson, late hit and targeting on a slide by three defenders.

Now lets talk about the Non in the grasp call on that Fumble strip on Wilson and Ifedi, then a in the Grasp call on Wilson when he gained yardage on that late play and turned it into a 3 and 16, call the in the grasp correctly on the fumble and that takes 7 points off your score and the momentum doesn't swing. Plus the non facemask call on that play also.

So you can complain about drops, yes we are bitching about the bias of officiating because it could have got players hurt badly, that in inconsistent in their calls. We also had players out by the way, we had a PS TE playing, two guys playing that had just got to practice one week, missing our starting Center, and Lockett in the 2nd half. I understand Kittle is a big deal in your offense, but no bigger then Lockett in ours, now add no Dissly who is impactful both as a receiver and in our run game, Willson Hurt with a Hamstring and Dickson still not on the 53 coming off injury, not as big of names maybe but important for the Seahawks in the roles they play.

We can sit and say that if not for the officials calls we may have blown the game wide open and it would have never been close.

As it is your lamenting about your perspective and us bitching about other things make no difference now, it was a great game to watch as a fan first of the Game and then of our franchises, too bad there has to be a loser but this is the type of game that makes being a fan worthwhile.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":319zuglc said:
Marvin49":319zuglc said:
knownone":319zuglc said:

M'Kay,

Well the 150 yards in non called penalties or so that should have been called on the 49ers, double helmet to helmet hit on Lockett, two face masks on Wilson, Horse collar on Wilson, late hit and targeting on a slide by three defenders.

Now lets talk about the Non in the grasp call on that Fumble strip on Wilson and Ifedi, then a in the Grasp call on Wilson when he gained yardage on that late play and turned it into a 3 and 16, call the in the grasp correctly on the fumble and that takes 7 points off your score and the momentum doesn't swing. Plus the non facemask call on that play also.

So you can complain about drops, yes we are b!@ch about the bias of officiating because it could have got players hurt badly, that in inconsistent in their calls. We also had players out by the way, we had a PS TE playing, two guys playing that had just got to practice one week, missing our starting Center, and Lockett in the 2nd half. I understand Kittle is a big deal in your offense, but no bigger then Lockett in ours, now add no Dissly who is impactful both as a receiver and in our run game, Willson Hurt with a Hamstring and Dickson still not on the 53 coming off injury, not as big of names maybe but important for the Seahawks in the roles they play.

We can sit and say that if not for the officials calls we may have blown the game wide open and it would have never been close.

As it is your lamenting about your perspective and us b!@ch about other things make no difference now, it was a great game to watch as a fan first of the Game and then of our franchises, too bad there has to be a loser but this is the type of game that makes being a fan worthwhile.

I think there is this tendancy to think if someone on one teams says not having a guy, or drops or whatever played a big part in the outcome of the game, then they are saying all else was just fine. IE, OUR guys had some issues but YOUR guys were perfect so we ONLY lost because of what happened to OUR guys.

There was stuff all over the field.

Mostert should have been awarded the first down in overtime. He got it. Losing Richburg for awhile made a huge difference. There are a host of others. That doesn't mean that my perception is that everything was peachy on the other side of the ball.

We are in the autopsy of the game now. Drops had a huge impact. No Kittle and Sanders had a huge impact. That doesn't mean nothing else did as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3vtlpd2e said:

Post of the week.

It's like SOME 9er fans don't want to see that Seattle also made errors including 2 costly ones in the red zone, got shit calls against them, is missing it's TE for the season who while not quite Kittle isn't far behind, are without their starting Center, etc.

Both teams made plays, both teams screwed up. Seattle was 3 points better last night.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ezekiel38 came in hot before the game with his bravado, and today, the better team won. He should just acknowledge that and move on. There were a lot of issues with officials last night (it was a horribly officiated game). I'm sure both sides feel they had it worse, which means it was just bad all around. The Seahawks made more plays Monday night and won the game. It's now in the past and nothing will change it. I look forward to the week 17 match. The niners are still the #1 team in the NFC, but we showed they have flaws and can be beat. How they recover from this game will say a lot.

94Smith

Reaction score
I saw two evenly matched teams playing a hard fought game. A few bounces one way or another, or a call here or not here and it could change a lot. Seahawks had two red zone turnovers otherwise it would have been higher scoring. 49ers had turnovers in their own side of the field which led to 21 points. Calls favoured the 49ers. Some questionable calls . 49ers had the edge on defense coming in but Clowney played his best game of the year and evened it out. Russell was Russell when it mattered most. 49ers were missing some key players but Seahawks had injuries too. These teams are very even, that’s why it came down to the last second and could very well have been a tie. We can argue until we are blue in the face who is the better team but the truth is they are pretty equal .

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
94Smith":1k6lwuc1 said:
I saw two evenly matched teams playing a hard fought game. A few bounces one way or another, or a call here or not here and it could change a lot. Seahawks had two red zone turnovers otherwise it would have been higher scoring. 49ers had turnovers in their own side of the field which led to 21 points. Calls favoured the 49ers. Some questionable calls . 49ers had the edge on defense coming in but Clowney played his best game of the year and evened it out. Russell was Russell when it mattered most. 49ers were missing some key players but Seahawks had injuries too. These teams are very even, that’s why it came down to the last second and could very well have been a tie. We can argue until we are blue in the face who is the better team but the truth is they are pretty equal .
yep, spot on

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2unuz3l3 said:
94Smith":2unuz3l3 said:
yep, spot on

Yeah... was a great game. 9ers D was more impressive than I had anticipated. Their offense less so...

The Hawks D was the surprise in this one.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":38iwzfk0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":38iwzfk0 said:
94Smith":38iwzfk0 said:
yep, spot on

Yeah... was a great game. 9ers D was more impressive than I had anticipated. Their offense less so...

The Hawks D was the surprise in this one.

That's a big thing I took out of it.

The question is why?

Is the Seattle front 4 a sleeping giant? Were Staley and McGlinchey really rusty? Niner receivers after Kittle and Sanders suck hard?

Probably a mix of all.

Niner O hasn't looked like that all year. Divisional Street Fight? Dunno.

Latest posts