Seahawks DISCUSSING Baker Mayfield, GO GET HIM

Rat

Reaction score
Mayfield was on the brink of the top 10 before playing hurt last year. Hed be a perfect buy-low candidate that we could grab while still adding other pieces.

sutz

Reaction score
Heard on the radio yesterday (no link, sorry) that the Browns weren't interested in moving Mayfield.

:229031_shrug:

Hawknight

Reaction score
sutz":1l4s5vzd said:
Heard on the radio yesterday (no link, sorry) that the Browns weren't interested in moving Mayfield.

Well this won't be an awkward season for the Browns organization and Mayfield :sarcasm_off:

gabel

Reaction score
They might go get him but I hope not. Please watch the Cleveland Green Bay game as exhibition A, or really most games in 2022.

Schneider uses hand size as one of his QB filters, and Mayfield has small hands. He also only has 1 year left on his contract (like Drew Lock) and will no doubt want a huge pay day if he has any kind of season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You guys do know Baker's pissed off because the Browns won't give him a contract extension.

Nor does he deserve one, he's been slightly above average at times, and downright putrid at his worst throwing picks left and right and being a general head case.

So a placeholder QB soaking up 20M in cap in the last year of his deal who's going to be crying the entire time here for a new deal? NO THANKS.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":1bcvlifz said:

Yeah and we heard Wilson say he was going to be a Seahawk and that Pete said we have no interest in trading him.

This time of year is how big a lie can we sell time.

James in PA

Reaction score
chris98251":whzl34y7 said:
sutz":whzl34y7 said:

Yeah and we heard Wilson say he was going to be a Seahawk and that Pete said we have no interest in trading him.

This time of year is how big a lie can we sell time.
Yep. During this time of year, you know NFL personnel people are lying if their mouth's are moving.

As far as Baker goes , he has been good literally every other year since he got into the league. He was bad last year once he got injured and now has an extra chip on his shoulder, so I'd be for acquiring him for a 4th, maybe a 3rd rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Lock's best year of three in Denver was year before last when he threw for 16 TD and threw 15 picks. Last year in 6 games he threw 2 TD and 2 picks.
Can a sudden change of scenery and a new coaching staff account for enough improvement to fix those stats immediately?
We have to do SOMETHING.

Rat

Reaction score
It was just reported that Deshaun Watson is waiving his no-trade clause and signing with the Cleveland Browns.

Awesome news! It's not us, and now Baker is available for us!

Those of you who say he sucks are crazy.

Hawknight

Reaction score
5280Hawk":y2g47f1z said:
Go Get him for real!

If it happens, I'm sure it will happen this weekend now...now that Watson is a Brown, Browns might even lower their price for Mayfield just to get rid of him.

James in PA

Reaction score
Unfortunately, teams like Indy and Carolina will be sniffing around. I want Baker to come here too, but I don't want the Hawks to get into a bidding war for him. The price has got to he right.

Rat

Reaction score
James in PA":3jrc5945 said:
Unfortunately, teams like Indy and Carolina will be sniffing around. I want Baker to come here too, but I don't want the Hawks to get into a bidding war for him. The price has got to he right.

Those teams are both hurting on good draft picks, given their embarrassing commitments to Carson Wentz and Sam Darnold. We should be in a good position to make a move without going overboard.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
James in PA":lqh68ch3 said:

It's the price AND Baker wanting an extension.......and for a team like the Hawk's in obvious trying to get younger rebuild mode? Doesn't really make sense to even give him a small extension and/or spend 20M for a final year of his deal in which he's gonna be crying for his extension.

So unless Pete and John REALLY think he's their QB of the future and are willing to give him a big extension? Doesn't make a lot of sense for us.

keasley45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30qu0hkz said:
James in PA":30qu0hkz said:

It's the price AND Baker wanting an extension.......and for a team like the Hawk's in obvious trying to get younger rebuild mode? Doesn't really make sense to even give him a small extension and/or spend 20M for a final year of his deal in which he's gonna be crying for his extension.

So unless Pete and John REALLY think he's their QB of the future and are willing to give him a big extension? Doesn't make a lot of sense for us.

I'll give that a THIS^^^

sutz

Reaction score
keasley45":79nuz3g6 said:
Sgt. Largent":79nuz3g6 said:
James in PA":79nuz3g6 said:

I'll give that a THIS^^^
Yeah, I don't think that P & J are ready to sink $200 mill over the next few years into the QB spot just yet. And it seems pretty obvious that Mayfield will want something along those lines to sign here.

But hey, I was wrong about Russ moving on. :229031_shrug:

Elemas

Reaction score
Not really wanting to pay what he’s likely to cost. If PC and JS are wanting to recreate what they previously did, this wouldn’t be a good move.