Seahawks DISCUSSING Baker Mayfield, GO GET HIM

keasley45

Reaction score
GemCity":ao242pzk said:
Not really wanting to pay what he’s likely to cost. If PC and JS are wanting to recreate what they previously did, this wouldn’t be a good move.

I think Pete wouldn't mind having a fresh version, aka Russ2.0, but the sense I got from Schneider at the presser is that he's heard enough of that song. Could be wrong, but I can't see him wanting Mayfield here.

Rat

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3a56qkem said:
Sounds like he wants to play for the Colts.
Sucks for him that he doesn't have a no-trade clause. I wouldn't hold my breath on a team that just mortgaged their future on a serial sexual predator to "do right" by Baker and sending him where he wants.

niveky

Reaction score
So, if the price isn't too steep and they can do an exchange of lower picks from the browns with whatever they want for him....maybe send a player or two from the Seahawks roster that might fit better with the Browns and could basically be replaced for depth in fa/draft this year that wouldn't really be missed...I think a combination of those two things could work and would allow the Seahawks to still have plenty of picks to help fill the roster instead of just giving away picks for Baker. Sometimes a change of scenery can be a good thing and Pete has shown in the past when Wilson came here as a rookie, it doesn't matter what your current status/contract is he will pay the better player.

Flynn had just gotten like almost a 30 million contract I think before the Wilson draft and they moved on from him because Wilson took the starting job. Baker could come into a true 3 way completion wanting to prove he can consistently play at a high level and reach a higher potential than many of the fans think he has in him.

It could also work in reverse to get a chip on Smith and Lock's shoulders for them to progress enough to win the starting job.

I am beyond bummed and still really frustrated they got rid of Wilson, but I am not going to stop being a Seahawks fan(although it has been a pretty dark week for me as a fan, especially since Bobby Wagner was my 2nd/3rd favorite player on the team).

Really, I need something...really anything to get me pumped for the upcoming season. Getting Mayfield would put them all in for trying to improve the roster and win this year. Am I saying I believe they will at this point if they do get him, no...but no one can really know what will happen until they make the move and get him, Smith and Lock battling to lead the team.

Fade

Reaction score
Don't trade for Baker, The Browns have no leverage. They will release him if no one offers anything of significance. Then the Seahawks can bid for his services.

massari

Reaction score
What is the point in adding Baker Mayfield? Giving up a draft pick(s) and cap money for a guy who'll make this an 8-9 team, and miss out on Stroud, Young and Levis. Terrible decision, but it'll probably happen.

Wouldn't mind adding a vet in 2023 to push one of those three rookie QBs though.

Tanking with Lock and Geno this season would be perfect.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Skip Bayless
@RealSkipBayless
·

Here's the irony: The Browns wanted an "adult" at QB, so they acquired a new Face of the Franchise who faces 22 civil suits from women accusing him of everything from sexual misconduct to sexual assault.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I don't see PC gunning for a hot head like BM (ha!), but never say never. He has a blank check waiting right now for whatever QB he so doth chooseth to have the honor of playing for him.

And since Pete can hand pick his QB, we'll see what the real source of dysfunction was sooner than later. At least something finally gave. Unfortunately I see another season of playing not to lose, not playing to win under Petey. Mostly good results, but tedious to watch.

I don't have a lot of faith in the PC/JS brain trust right now, with their very obvious mishandling of the Bobby Wagner departure, then clearly trying to lamely justify their actions after the fact. Seriously, you can't just tell B-Wags 'Sorry, we can't pay you what you deserve because we're trying to change things up. Clearly you are a badazz and we love everything you've done here.' How freakin hard is that? Egos.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Brown’s took Watson.

Hmmmmmm

Sign Mayfield if it’s team/cap friendly.

Let him and Geno compete.

Use the draft capital/cap space to fill in our needs.

If you’re/we’re talking about breaking the the bank…..

Hell no!

94Smith

Reaction score
CPHawk":20qsv0rf said:
He isn’t great, but if he lands in SF, they could go to the SB. He’s that much better than the trash they had love now.

:34853_doh:

Fade

Reaction score
massari":24ohptvk said:
What is the point in adding Baker Mayfield? Giving up a draft pick(s) and cap money for a guy who'll make this an 8-9 team, and miss out on Stroud, Young and Levis. Terrible decision, but it'll probably happen.

Wouldn't mind adding a vet in 2023 to push one of those three rookie QBs though.

Tanking with Lock and Geno this season would be perfect.

I agree. The Seahawks need to stop lying to themselves and admit they are in a full rebuild. Use this year's picks to build up your D-Line & O-Line, take your lumps (Lose games.) Comeback the next year in 2023 and draft your QB. Sign a real vet in 2023 as well if you feel like you'd like him to sit for a year.

But Pete, gonna Pete. He wants to go 7-10 perpetually until the end of time. I don't think he will this year, the roster isn't good enough, his philosophy is outdated, and the schedule is too tough. So the combination of those things they are going to have a really bad record regardless of who they bring in to play QB, but still.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I just read on pft that Baker has already said he wants a trade to Indy. We are not even on his radar and it would prolly take more than trading pick 9 only.

Way I see it is that we’re kinda like the Lions now. They got Goff, they know he’s not the answer but they’ve been building the team pieces around him. Frankly if we traded Lock for Minchew it’d be more fun.

Fade

Reaction score
Minshew or Mariotta are the only QBs that make sense to me as stop gaps this season.

Otherwise, suck with Lock and get you're guy in next year's draft.

Rosco

Reaction score
You don’t want Baker. He’s slow, short and injury prone. In large part, because he is short and slow.

Canhawks

Reaction score
HARD,HARD no.If people thought there was drama with Russ,this will be twice as bad with not even half the talent.Bring in Matt Ryan as a short term vet and draft a QB in the first round either this year or next year and have him learn from a good solid guy.

Rosco

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2f5vzwiy said:
Lock's best year of three in Denver was year before last when he threw for 16 TD and threw 15 picks. Last year in 6 games he threw 2 TD and 2 picks.
Can a sudden change of scenery and a new coaching staff account for enough improvement to fix those stats immediately?
We have to do SOMETHING.
His best year was year 1. His first 5 starts in a WCO. 4-1 record 7 tds 3 ints. Then Fangio being the genius that he is fired his OC. Brought in garbage Pat Schurmer system that Lock had to play 2020 with no TC or preseason. Lock is a lot better than you think. He just got stuck in a crappy situation with Denver.
He fits a WCO very well which I believe you guys run.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Right now I have to wonder if whoever ends up being the QB next season even matters. Pete is all about defense, and 'we need to run the ball more', so if your game plan is to have the offense on the field 15 minutes a game, and the QB is nothing more than a warm body to hand-off to your RBs, does it really matter?

PC: 'Bad things happen when the ball is in the air.'

So why even have a QB at all, except for someone to accept the snap and then quietly walk backwards while Pete calls the next running play?

I would love for anyone to prove me wrong. Then I might just have some hope.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Baker can hand off the ball, and complete a 3rd and 4 pass? That’s better than what we have now. If he’s cheap, why not? Go out sign Penny, draft a RB maybe. Don’t ask Baker to win games.